FCHQ

Should the game be free on STEAM?

let us hear you voice!

what do you think about makinf the game free on STEAM and why?

I think that they should make the game free and do a part of it paid. Like mission mode or so

mission mode= get rewards from completing some chalenges.

like the battlepass from fortnite but way better

Nope. Squad is to good to be free. Don't want no microtransaction bullsh*ttery. Game extras hopefully will come in the form of mods just like the good old days.

Squad is a community based game not a free for all.

11 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

Nope. Squad is to good to be free.

Seconded. 

Free weekends are fine.

Specials are fine.

Free DLC is more than welcome.

But the core game should carry the price tag.

And....What about those who did Pay?.What about Those who backed (Founders) & made this project happen?. Refund?..

Son! Nothing is Free in Life!. :P 

Free? OWI is business. They have people on payroll. I hope they can earn enough money so they can support this game in years to come. I wish them best of luck in other projects too cause i hope some of revenue will be used for supporting Squad.

Free !! bollocks to that.

This game has a VALUE. The time and effort of the developers has a VALUE. My time invested in the game has VALUE.  All the other players time has a VALUE. All this would be wasted by giving it away to trolls and cheaters who would inevitably become the majority and ruin every other players gaming experience.

Microtransactions are the devils work and should stay in the console* world.

To OP if you can't afford to buy the game I am guessing that you probably can't afford the hardware to run it at a playable FPS with reasonable graphics, so it would not be an enjoyable experience.

* if a game is available on console then it's probably sh!t anyway or will be soon. 

the game should be 100% free, I mean, PR was free, right? and the sneaky DEVs are profiting on PR's success

shame on them :$

No thank you. Free weekend already ruins the gameplay quality, making this game free would ruin it completly.

19 hours ago, FCHQ said:

let us hear you voice!

I think that they should make the game free and do a part of it paid. Like mission mode or so

My good sir, are you a globalist?

NO not free!

It shouldn't be free. The devs should pay us, I mean, we have to do all the hard work right? And, since I play 24/7, I can't get a job or move out of my parent's basement, so they def owe me. A fat salary would be fair.

I should at least get a stipend or a map named after me.

Ok, I'll settle for a T-shirt. 

Go to school, get a job, give all your money to the government, and they will make sure you have everything you need but not anything extra, because you didn't give them enough money.  So they can't give you the game for free.

On 7/31/2018 at 1:45 PM, FCHQ said:

let us hear you voice!

Selling the game has never been a problem actually. People are hungry for these type of games every since Novalogic started the entire genre with their Delta Force series. Heck, up until SteamSpy got their scrapping plug pulled by Gabe Newell back in May the concurrent owners were at 650,000 so yeah selling the game isn't a problem it's getting people to stick around and actually play...

5 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

selling the game isn't a problem it's getting people to stick around and actually play...

I agree. While the long wait for new features to get implemented I think too many people are too hard on the devs regarding the actual work load. The monthly recap showed just how much is being done to not just deliver new content but also to balance and optimize existing assets. 

In my opinion when it comes to "getting people to stick around and actually play" that is heavily dependent on the way servers with official licences are being administrated right now. There seems to be either a toxic culture that is not "newbie" friendly and a state of mind where admins either aren't present enough to actually enforce the server rules or just don't care enough. 

There is also a thread regarding this topic which I wish had more feedback regarding this topic. You can find it HERE in the forum for further talk.

the simple answer is you get what you paid for: most of the times.

free games suck.......

free trials, Alpha, Betas = OK

Loot boxes, skins, pay to win elements that we all absolutely love!