RipGroove

Quick question about "Zoom Sensitivity Scaling"

Posted (edited)

I play with this box UNTICKED, if I was to tick this box but leave the values at their default, would that change change my sensitivities in game? Or in simpler terms, are the default values shown here used to calculate the sensitivities when the box is unticked?

EDIT/ To get the exact same settings with that box ticked or unticked the values need to be set to '1'.

43658583512_ffe2a0a1d3_o.png

Edited by RipGroove

Posted (edited)

Hmm, so does anyone know what the default scaling values are, when the box is unticked? There is obviously some scaling calculations applied to make the zoom scopes more manageable. 

Edited by RipGroove

Posted (edited)

Probably some generic formula... Wish I could help more, tried to figure it out before but when I lowered the 8x zoom in GameUserSettings.ini and it made my 4x acog zoom _higher_ I realized I had no idea how it worked.

I've got it close to where I want it but not exact... right now I'm using:

SoldierZoomSensitivities=((1.000000, 0.928125),(4.000000, 0.689894),(8.000000, 0.577441))

With GlobalSensitivity set to my mouse sensitivity,  but it's not 100% there.

There's a dogmatic approach where the sensitivity comes out equal across the board. The idea is if there's an enemy at a certain pixel coordinate, the distance to move the crosshair to that enemy is the same at every zoom level. The default scaling is a little high iirc, but the math is trigonometric, so linear interpolation (which is what the flyover text says...) is not the right way to do it either.

Edited by Good-Try Greg

43 minutes ago, Good-Try Greg said:

Probably some generic formula... Wish I could help more, tried to figure it out before but when I lowered the 8x zoom in GameUserSettings.ini and it made my 4x acog zoom _higher_ I realized I had no idea how it worked.

I've got it close to where I want it but not exact... right now I'm using:

SoldierZoomSensitivities=((1.000000, 0.928125),(4.000000, 0.689894),(8.000000, 0.577441))

With GlobalSensitivity set to my mouse sensitivity,  but it's not 100% there.

There's a dogmatic approach where the sensitivity comes out equal across the board. The idea is if there's an enemy at a certain pixel coordinate, the distance to move the crosshair to that enemy is the same at every zoom level. The default scaling is a little high iirc, but the math is trigonometric, so linear interpolation (which is what the flyover text says...) is not the right way to do it either.

Yes I'm aware, I use mousesensitivity.com but I really could do with the default Squad calculations in order to plumb them in to the calculator in order to translate my Squad sensitivities to other games.

Solved, pretty sure with those 3 values set at 1, it's exactly the same whether that box is ticked or unticked.