Z-trooper

[image Heavy] Z's Library Of Models

Well it will technically be able to do so. I've made the model compatible with both barrel changes and accepting STANAG mags. However none of these features are a priority at the moment, but it has been future proofed for it

Apparently the STANAG mag is never used in regular service due to rounds not being fed quick enough from the magazine spring, which would cause double loading, eject fail, and shaved brass in the barrel. I dont know for sure but this is what ive read

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M249_light_machine_gun

Put it this way, if you see any guy running past you with a 249 and he's using STANAGS, offer him help. He's up s**t creek without a paddle.. 

Arma taught me that M249's could have STANAGs.

I was what the fucking for ages and then I looked it up and sure as fuck, there it is.

That M249 model is sweet.

Are you going to have a solid stock variant? I always liked it more than the extendable one to be honest, seems very rare in games these days. I guess everyone likes to watch a guy extend the stock of his gun when you swap to it for some reason xD

What about box types, are we going to get the 200rnd tin as well?

As per request I have updated this thread a bit.

I have added some new images of the M249 with some new components on. As you can see there will eventually be more variations available, such as the old school version that will mostly be used on vehicles and static positions and a more up to date version that more accurately reflect what is used by the US military. *Final in-game versions not accurately reflected on images*

I also stopped previewing the older images as there is a limit to how many images I can show in one thread, so only newest updated will be preview-able, you have to click to see the rest.

Please, please, please, please! Let us!

Pointless. That's why you carry so much link, and I don't think I ever saw anyone actually fire a 30 round mag on the M249, even for shits and giggles.

Nice, 2 versions of the M249!

One have standard stock, standard barrel and vehicle mount.

The other have retractable stock, short barrel and picatinny rails.

Nice, 2 versions of the M249!

One have standard stock, standard barrel and vehicle mount.

The other have retractable stock, short barrel and picatinny rails.

Weapon customization/selection hints?

Some beautiful model work going on here, and from hearing that changing barrels is already a feature in mind I am getting even more excited. Seriously gentleman you guys are doing great work!

Thought I would do a little tease of what I am currently working on in case you were curious:

eIugBqN.png

That is obviously still HEAVILY work in progress in case you were wondering.

Thought I would do a little tease of what I am currently working on in case you were curious:

<insert picture of great weapon sight that z-trooper is modelling>

I can't really recognize that sight, looked all around trijicon website and didn't see anything related to it.

I suppose you guys don't have the rights for their sights so you're making your own or what? ;-;

its an ACOG ...

http://static.bhphoto.com/images/images2500x2500/714518.jpg

Just needs its little light-bar thing, (which is for collecting ambient light to illuminate the reticle?)

Also has some sort of laser or glint filter on the front

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/M150.jpg

Love the progress. Thanks for the share.

STILL NOT FINAL

yKLVhg0.png

wpVCKo0.png

Next time you will see it, it will probably have some fancy textures on and be in game.