Sign in to follow this  
Quadro

The Dreaded Medic Role (Revamp Suggestion)

I'm down for advanced medical. Definitely a way to differentiate between a good medic and a great one. However I would like to reiterate @embecmom point:

1 hour ago, embecmom said:

A medic does not make a huge difference to the team in public games as the tickets they are able to save are always fewer than the losses encountered from wasted vehicles.

So unless devs are willing to add a ticket reward for saving a team mate (under certain preconditions), it won't matter how complex or simple the medical system is. 

Personally I would love to have something like this:

Spoiler

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f74

or this:

preview_01.jpg

I agree that the medics don't make enough of a difference. What if we simply changed the ticket penalties?

• Getting wounded -1 ticket
  • Bleeding out -1 ticket
  • Giving up -4 tickets

Ok, 5 tickets in total might be a bit too much but I guess that would make constantly giving up much more of a problem than it is now, since at the present it's often more beneficial ticket-wise to give up immediately and get back to the fight asap instead of waiting for a medic. This way each revive saves enough tickets to actually matter and we bring the wipe of an entire squad on par with losing a vehicle. Of course this would need the ticket count on each map to be rebalanced, otherwise we'd see 20 minute games that end pretty much after the initial clash.

9 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

I agree that the medics don't make enough of a difference. What if we simply changed the ticket penalties?

• Bleeding out -1 ticket
  • Giving up -5 tickets

Dunno man, I feel this suggestion is more of a negative encouragement rather than a positive one. Why not flip it around and positively encourage the medics to perform their duties by allocating certain ticket gains instead? Again, under certain preconditions to avoid exploits...

15 minutes ago, MultiSquid said:

• Bleeding out -1 ticket
  • Giving up -4 tickets

Ok, 5 tickets in total might be a bit too much but I guess that would make constantly giving up much more of a problem than it is now, since at the present it's often more beneficial ticket-wise to give up immediately and get back to the fight asap instead of waiting for a medic. This way each revive saves enough tickets to actually matter and we bring the wipe of an entire squad on par with losing a vehicle. Of course this would need the ticket count on each map to be rebalanced, otherwise we'd see 20 minute games that end pretty much after the initial clash.

problem with minus tickets is that it just makes the game go faster, doesnt stop the guy that wants to be back int he action giving up... he doesnt care about the team he cares about k/d.

9 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

Dunno man, I feel this suggestion is more of a negative encouragement rather than a positive one. Why not flip it around and positively encourage the medics to perform their duties by allocating certain ticket gains instead? Again, under certain preconditions to avoid exploits...

Oh, I am a a fan of negative encouragement I guess, but I understand it isn't ideal when thinking about game design. Ticket gains instead of losses run the risk of prolonging games too much, also the math is somewhat less straight-forward if you have people losing and gaining tickets all the time and it might be much harder to achieve optimal balance and consistent round durations. I'm not saying it wouldn't work, it would just require a lot of... work.

6 minutes ago, embecmom said:

problem with minus tickets is that it just makes the game go faster, doesnt stop the guy that wants to be back int he action giving up... he doesnt care about the team he cares about k/d.

Yeah... that is a problem that can't be simply fixed by a few adjustments to the medics I'm afraid.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, CptDirty said:

lol good argument must admit.

I must have missed your point. I thought the defibrillators are only for resuscitation to 1% health from incapacitated state and medic bag will still be needed for healing to 100%. You're saying just a defibrillator and no medic bag? Defibrillators will bring a downed teammate to 100% health straight from incapacitated state?

I thought I covered this in my first post haha You will have both! Revive Kit for revives only and Medic Bag for holding your Field Dressings and healing capability. Revive Kit revives, Medic Bag stems bleeds and heals, it doesn't revive.

Quote:

The Revive Kit (defibrillator) will fill the inventory slot replacing what was the Field Dressing for the Medic. Instead of kneeling down and applying the Revive Kit, you can place it by an incapacitated teammate. This will then begin to charge up with an audio indication. You can pull your gun out, move around or heal others or stem bleeds with your Medic Bag whilst this is happening. Once fully charged it zaps the incapacitated teammate and revives them. You will then be able to pick up the Revive Kit after a successful revive and continue to revive others or do other medic duties. Your teammate will automatically regain health after being revived unless injured again which will interrupt the automatic healing process. Your recently revived teammate is still in bad shape at 1% health and is likely to only move into cover to recover. 

Pros:

• Can heal others or Stem bleeds whilst resuscitation is taking place.
  • Revive and heal process still takes just as long for the individual who is incapacitated.
  • Can protect yourself and others whilst reviving increasing squad survivability & momentum.
  • Medic's time can now be used else where in other medic duties.
  • Reduces prolong time staring at the ground (or restricted view in free look)
  • Overall a very unique cool little piece of kit
  • Not complicated (maybe for the devs to implement ;) )
  • Can activate your Revive Kit for teammate, carry on running with your squad so to not be left behind and then request a ammo drop (next patch) so to receive your revive kit back rather than having to fetch it. Which indirectly again helps with squad survivability & momentum.
Edited by Quadro

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, MultiSquid said:

I don't like this idea. Medic being able to defend himself while healing decreases the need for teamwork - Squad should instead be moving in the opposite direction. Maybe some simplified diagnosis/treatment system like the ACE3 from ARMA, medic presses the action key while aiming on the body, the game tells him where the booboo is and he'd fix it using a simple radial menu. At least that would require more involvement from the players than simply holding LMB, also the length of the healing process would be more dependant on the skill of each medic, the better the player the faster he could heal people.

I'm curious to why you think my suggestion will decrease the need for teamwork. Could you elaborate please? :)

I can imagine a diagnostic treatment system working fantastic in a game like ArmA however, I just can't see how it will fit in a game like Squad where the  tempo is at a much faster pace. It's so much more incredibly intense especially when fighting over a extremely hot contested area where you're dealing with multiple dead guys. I can't help but think it's essentially a game within a game to make the game better! I don't want to sound sarcastic but I played the board game Surgeon when I was younger, it's fun!... for awhile. Reviving is a lot more repetitive in Squad than ArmA is in a typical setting.

9 hours ago, scoobi said:

I do like this idea where the skill of the player can improve the performance of the medic role just like it does with every other role, driving , aiming/shooting, HAB placement etc

I'm struggling to understand this one :) Correct me if I miss understand but essentially what you're both saying is if you introduce a diagnostic game for a medic and they had "skills" then they will be a better medic just like any other role currently? If that is the case then what you're implying is that players with "skills" who are currently playing medic are skilless because they don't have a diagnostic system in place? O.o 

There is way more skill required than you might think for a medic to survive in the first place and get to their injured comrades without taking a bullet to the face. What more skill do you want!?

8 hours ago, embecmom said:

A medic does not make a huge difference to the team in public games as the tickets they are able to save are always fewer than the losses encountered from wasted vehicles.

I'm sorry but I have to out right disagree here! Medics have a HUGE impact on the overall performance of a team. Yes you could look at the score board and say "meh, our two medics only gained 15 tickets back" but times that by four for a typical 4 squad team and that 60 tickets gained! You would have to lose two warriors AND a logi truck to lose those tickets!! What's even worse is if the medics weren't doing their job that would leave you with -60 tickets... Imagine losing by 1 ticket (I've seen it happen a many occasion) because you had idiot drivers and idiot medics..... Everyone else did their job correctly so why is the medic role not important I ask? O.o

The medics do have an overall impact on the end score but they have a huge and I mean huge impact on their squads overall performance. Two decent medics can increase their squads survivability and momentum to achieve unfavorable odds in capturing an objective! They may not always have the score to prove their worth but a well timed rescue of the Squad Leader to get that rally down might just turn the battle! Even the best Medics don't always have a good revive score because the enemy has been pretty terrible.  Don't judge as medics skill by their revive score, especially if they're in a good squad/team. What you have to worry about is why a Medic has so many revives! It all comes down to each squads play style that has a direct impact on a medics score and a medics play style that has a direct impact on the rest of the squads individual score. They're intertwined to manipulate each others score basically xD

Edited by Quadro

1 hour ago, Quadro said:

I'm curious to why you think my suggestion will decrease the need for teamwork. Could you elaborate please? :)

I think it's rather obvious, that's why I didn't feel the need to specify in the first place - if a medic can't defend himself while healing, that creates incentive to work with others to keep him safe while he's unable to fight back and vice versa. You were suggesting giving the medic ability to defend himself while reviving.

1 hour ago, Quadro said:

I can imagine a diagnostic treatment system working fantastic in a game like ArmA however, I just can't see how it will fit in a game like Squad where the  tempo is at a much faster pace. It's so much more incredibly intense especially when fighting over a extremely hot contested area where you're dealing with multiple dead guys. I can't help but think it's essentially a game within a game to make the game better! I don't want to sound sarcastic but I played the board game Surgeon when I was younger, it's fun!... for awhile.

The pace of Squad has been steadily decreasing as the developement went on, the Squad you'll be playing a year from now probably won't feel anything like it does today. I wouldn't make judgements based solely on the present state of the game, everything is subject to change. But you do allude to another issue with medics which is the jarring tendency to revive people while under fire, advanced medical system would certainly make that harder, but I see that as a positive thing - it would nudge players towards a more realistic behavior and clearing the area before attempting to revive. I don't see a problem with minigames either (or "skillchecks" as some call them), they're not uncommon in  modern videogames.

1 hour ago, Quadro said:

I'm struggling to understand this one :) Correct me if I miss understand but essentially what you're both saying is if you introduce a diagnostic game for a medic and they had "skills" then they will be a better medic just like any other role currently? If that is the case then what you're implying is that players with "skills" currently are skilless because they don't have a diagnostic system in place? O.o

We're not implying anything, what I was saying outright was that there's a  way to make medics more interesting to play while at the same time creating space in which players can improve. Right now every single medic takes the exact same amount of time to revive someone, with the advanced medical system the time for each revive would depend on medic player's ability as well as the amount and degree of wounds sustained by the victim. Any medic would be able to revive you eventually, the more experienced ones would just be able to do it much faster because they'd be already used to the system, the same way some of the less experienced squad leaders might take longer to place a radio because they first need to find it in their radial menu. That's what we call "skill" - the ability to perform well in some specific area based in previous experience and practice.

Posted (edited)

I think it's rather obvious, that's why I didn't feel the need to specify in the first place - if a medic can't defend himself while healing, that creates incentive to work with others to keep him safe while he's unable to fight back and vice versa. You were suggesting giving the medic ability to defend himself while reviving.

When a soldier has been downed the squad is already in an engaged state with the threat rather than dealing with a man down. It is everyone's role (except the medic) to deal with the threat rather than the incapacitated. It's further escalated in heated or heavily contested areas where risking worrying about saving an already downed soldier will most probably get yourself killed because the communication and time taken distracts from any further threats. This is why I have to disagree for this very reason, I rarely see this teamwork you're worried about losing. Medics currently just keep their heads down whilst reviving with a quick call to "cover me" which doesn't get ignored; but to suggest teamwork will be decreased because of the Revive Kit I can't see it. The medic still has to be covered to do his duties with his gun in, or out as much as any other role needs to be covered and protected to do theirs.

The pace of Squad has been steadily decreasing as the developement went on, the Squad you'll be playing a year from now probably won't feel anything like it does today. I wouldn't make judgements based solely on the present state of the game, everything is subject to change. But you do allude to another issue with medics which is the jarring tendency to revive people while under fire, advanced medical system would certainly make that harder, but I see that as a positive thing - it would nudge players towards a more realistic behavior and clearing the area before attempting to revive. I don't see a problem with minigames either (or "skillchecks" as some call them), they're not uncommon in  modern videogames.

If anything I believe the pace has been steadily increasing! Ok.. we did have smaller maps to begin with but the developers have been using the word momentum a lot recently in the recaps and patch notes! They directly want to increase the pace of Squad, not decrease it. We can ONLY make judgment on the present just as much as I CAN'T make judgment of myself in 10 years time. It's impossible but what we can do is suggest the future. So that is what we're all doing isn't it? :)

An advanced medical system. Hmmm I dunno dude. Just be aware that you run the risk of scaring the living shit out of a newcomer to the medic. We want to entice people to play the role, not scare them off. A typical average mainstream player new to medic could be put off the second they're confronted by an advanced medical system, minigame, skillcheck when all they want to do is revive a downed comrade. It's quite an alien introduction.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one! :P But it does sound cool, perhaps explained further as a new suggestion might give us more incite.

Edited by Quadro

I agree on the idea, when you get wounded that you lose 1 ticket and lose 1 more when you respawn. 

This will make the medic roll more valuable. 

Right now it is just easier to quickly respawn when you are wounded or out of ammo. 

Also more bandages and smoke for medics.  

Smoke also needs a little rework. 

This little changes alone will make medics more important

10 hours ago, Quadro said:

I'm sorry but I have to out right disagree here! Medics have a HUGE impact on the overall performance of a team. Yes you could look at the score board and say "meh, our two medics only gained 15 tickets back" but times that by four for a typical 4 squad team and that 60 tickets gained! You would have to lose two warriors AND a logi truck to lose those tickets!! What's even worse is if the medics weren't doing their job that would leave you with -60 tickets... Imagine losing by 1 ticket (I've seen it happen a many occasion) because you had idiot drivers and idiot medics..... Everyone else did their job correctly so why is the medic role not important I ask? O.o

The medics do have an overall impact on the end score but they have a huge and I mean huge impact on their squads overall performance. Two decent medics can increase their squads survivability and momentum to achieve unfavorable odds in capturing an objective! They may not always have the score to prove their worth but a well timed rescue of the Squad Leader to get that rally down might just turn the battle! Even the best Medics don't always have a good revive score because the enemy has been pretty terrible.  Don't judge as medics skill by their revive score, especially if they're in a good squad/team. What you have to worry about is why a Medic has so many revives! It all comes down to each squads play style that has a direct impact on a medics score and a medics play style that has a direct impact on the rest of the squads individual score. They're intertwined to manipulate each others score basically xD

There is no way when you look at a public game and the heals that 60 tickets are ever gained back I have never seen that and I have a lot of hours in the game and played on a clan and on many a clan server, the average I see is about 40 tickets at most and thats if the squads have two medics and usually you see one medic doing a better job than the other..so we will have to disagree on this. Thats one heavy and perhaps a logi... you mis understand though... the medic role I say is important but  less of an overall impact as a medics work can be ruined by people wasting assets, and as a medic its harder work saving tickets just to have them blown away by another squad who wastes vehicles...   this is why I say the medic is more important to his squad and not the team.

I think you are getting yourself a little confused now.. you suggest in the OP to offer more abilities to the medic to quickly heal but then suggest now that we dont judge the medic on his revives?  Its a medic role, im not going to judge it on K/D ?   if that's the case then the guy should be a rifleman and concentrate on that role.    If the enemy is terrible and there is less revives then thats not exactly the fault of the medic for not getting revives, but the medic is still there to revive people.   Put it this way if im in a squad and I turn around and say to the SL dont judge me on my no. of revives as a medic but on my K/D or teamwork score..what do you think the SL is going to say?    It would be great to have a game where your squad has 0 deaths 0 revives and everyone has loads of kills..but we both know that's not the case..  I can see where a squad has a few deaths and revives so its evident which medics have worked their ass off.which have had little work to do and those that just didnt bother..

Let me put it in the context of the RPG role, right now people cant see the impact their work in blowing up vehicles has as its not really shown on the end game chart.  It may be added in next fix.   Now if a guy takes the RPG role and at the end of the round what do you check?  vehicle kills.... if none he could be shit shot or not seen any vehicles... if he has taken out a couple good work... thats how that role judges themselves...

The medic has to be judged on something and it would be revives. whether or not the SL has done a bad job if Ive saved 20 people I know ive done a good medic job as its designed to do.

3 hours ago, Axel said:

I agree on the idea, when you get wounded that you lose 1 ticket and lose 1 more when you respawn. 

This will make the medic roll more valuable.

But it won't though. Unless the medic heals the wounded teammate and gains that ticket back then we can say it's valuable. 

If the ticket penalty for getting wounded has already been applied, medic heals that wounded teammate but doesn't get the ticket back, then what's the point of a medic lol? 

2 hours ago, embecmom said:

the medic role I say is important but  less of an overall impact as a medics work can be ruined by people wasting assets, and as a medic its harder work saving tickets just to have them blown away by another squad who wastes vehicles...   this is why I say the medic is more important to his squad and not the team.

I cannot agree more. This is literally what is happening right now in Squad. This is irrefutable. 

2 hours ago, embecmom said:

Let me put it in the context of the RPG role, right now people cant see the impact their work in blowing up vehicles has as its not really shown on the end game chart.  It may be added in next fix.   Now if a guy takes the RPG role and at the end of the round what do you check?  vehicle kills.... if none he could be shit shot or not seen any vehicles... if he has taken out a couple good work... thats how that role judges themselves...

Exactly! Which is why I believe that the devs need to incorporate a statistic in the scoreboard for enemy vehicles destroyed and friendly vehicles lost per team per member in order to:

1) Track the performance of the LAT roles.

2) Track the performance of vehicle crews. 

Once those statistics are in, we will have a better tangible comparison to draw between tickets lost to irresponsible vehicle crews and the medics who worked hard to save lives during the same round. 

Posted (edited)

A medic does not make a huge difference to the team in public games as the tickets they are able to save are always 

the medic role I say is important but  less of an overall impact as a medics work can be ruined by people wasting assets, and as a medic its harder work saving tickets just to have them blown away by another squad who wastes vehicles”

Your examples are very situational on the basis that your team and squad have wasted vehicles, resulting in bad performance but what about those prime examples where overall performance has been good? Resulting in tickets not being wasted? Your opinion is based purely on the worst situation and based on this you’re implying that medics aren’t as important than everyone thinks.

I think you are getting yourself a little confused now.. you suggest in the OP to offer more abilities to the medic to quickly heal but then suggest now that we dont judge the medic on his revives?”

..  I can see where a squad has a few deaths and revives so its evident which medics have worked their ass off.which have had little work to do and those that just didnt bother..”

“If the enemy is terrible and there is less revives then thats not exactly the fault of the medic for not getting revives, but the medic is still there to revive people.”

You said that revives are a good indication to how well a medic has performed and then go on to say it isn’t exactly the medics fault if they haven't got any revives. Yes I’m confused.

My suggestion is to improve a medics overall performance, quality of life and have a positive effect on the pacing of the game and squad momentum. It will have a direct impact on revives yes but it’ll also benefit in other areas.

You said medics revives aren’t important because they’re wasted by others wasting vehicles.  A purely situational opinion. What I was trying to explain is revives do have a massive impact on the overall team and not just on the squad. You’re pulling me up on something you said, not me.

..  I can see where a squad has a few deaths and revives so its evident which medics have worked their ass off.which have had little work to do and those that just didnt bother..”

This is purely situational again. I could scan the scoreboard and look at revives compared to deaths of squad members but who is to say they didn’t all get blown up in a truck or ambushed by a BTR or just got in a shit load of trouble. On the other hand, a medic could have just walked into a room full of another friendly squads incapacitated bodies, it still doesn’t mean they’re a good medic. You CAN’T always tell if a medic has been performing well on the basis of revive score and squad deaths. You said it yourself but then to go on to say that you can. I'd like to agree that you CAN, and you CAN'T always tell as every situation is different. One example might apply when another doesn't. 

Please can someone tell me how to delete a quote! >:(

Edited by MultiSquid
Deleted the redundant quotes. You can do so yourself by clicking the click'n'drag button that appears when you mouseover a quote and pressing delete.

4 hours ago, embecmom said:

There is no way when you look at a public game and the heals that 60 tickets are ever gained back I have never seen that and I have a lot of hours in the game and played on a clan and on many a clan server, the average I see is about 40 tickets at most and thats if the squads have two medics and usually you see one medic doing a better job than the other..so we will have to disagree on this. Thats one heavy and perhaps a logi... you mis understand though... the medic role I say is important but  less of an overall impact as a medics work can be ruined by people wasting assets, and as a medic its harder work saving tickets just to have them blown away by another squad who wastes vehicles...   this is why I say the medic is more important to his squad and not the team.

1 hour ago, CptDirty said:

Exactly! Which is why I believe that the devs need to incorporate a statistic in the scoreboard for enemy vehicles destroyed and friendly vehicles lost per team per member in order to:

1) Track the performance of the LAT roles.

2) Track the performance of vehicle crews. 

Once those statistics are in, we will have a better tangible comparison to draw between tickets lost to irresponsible vehicle crews and the medics who worked hard to save lives during the same round. 

Yep. You can bust your butt as a medic, and if you're really good, come up +20 tickets in the positive, which is nothing compared to vehicles lost on the battlefield, or stupidly placed radios dug down etc. Having the best medics on one side barely makes a difference to the team, it's only on the squad level that it really matters. I'd like to see more tickets accrued for a full revive, maybe people would care and learn to wait? As it is now, if you can respawn and quickly get back to the cap or defend your hab, it's far more valuable than losing a ticket, so people just give up and respawn. 

As far as the mechanics of being a medic go, it's frustrating now because it's still buggy and you can't assign keys for stage 1/stage 2 of the healing process, it gets annoying to have to cycle back and forth. I really don't care what the magic bag looks like, or the animations, and I don't feel like having to assess a patient and then press an appropriate button is especially fun or immersive, so 2 choices is plenty. I also don't want to just drop a medic bag or defib and walk away. 

I'd much, much rather have dragging, more smokes and binos back. Based on my playtime in ARMA, dragging alone creates more cooperation and drama within a squad. Saving your squadmates now becomes everyones job, not just the medics. 

Posted (edited)

Dragging is being implemented soon isn't it? Can't wait for that feature. I still think it would coincide better with a Revive Kit. The developers in their recaps/blogs have expressed pacing and momentum a lot recently and having drag coincide with the current system only prolongs the healing process. The whole process currently with the drag ability would be something like this Get to your teammate safely > Grab him > Drag Him > Set him down > pull out Field Dressing > Apply Dressing > Wait 10 seconds > Pull out Medic Bag > Apply Healing > Wait 10 seconds > Teammate Revives > Reapply Healing > Wait 10 seconds > Done.

Currently without the drag system it takes approximately 30 seconds to stem bleed and revive back to full health. If you don’t believe me watch this video and get your stopwatch out.

All I'm suggesting is that adding drag in the games current state would slow pacing and momentum. With a Revive kit I think they would complement each other really well. The process would be Get to your teammate safely > Grab him > Drag Him > Set him down > Pull out Revive kit > Activate it > Pick it up afterwards.

The biggest difference being that there is no 30 seconds for the medic between stem bleed and revive to full health! Only for the incapacitated. Those 30 seconds where the medic doesn’t have his revive kit he can bandage and heal others or wait out and protect with his gun out. He can't revive until he has his revive kit back. Purely situational what he decides to do with his time. He might have an abundant of people to heal or protect or he might not; but his survival ability has increased twofold.

I don’t think I’m being appreciated what I’m trying to achieve with the developers. You guys are suggesting an advanced medical system when the developers are adding a 7 second revive ability to the medic in Alpha 11.3 !?!?! Not just that they are making it so you’re not only the reviving god anymore! You go on about me making the medic less valuable when I’m trying to compromise with the developers!

Medics work their asses off for sure and it would be nice if the scoring would show where they have been let down by crew etc. Definitely needs to be implemented.

Edited by Quadro

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Quadro said:

Your examples are very situational on the basis that your team and squad have wasted vehicles, resulting in bad performance but what about those prime examples where overall performance has been good? Resulting in tickets not being wasted? Your opinion is based purely on the worst situation and based on this you’re implying that medics aren’t as important than everyone thinks.

You said that revives are a good indication to how well a medic has performed and then go on to say it isn’t exactly the medics fault if they haven't got any revives. Yes I’m confused.

your example suggests that if a medic has multiple revives then it could be the fault of the situation they find themselves in..i.e poor SLing or as you say below just 'lucky' so is he a good medic for getting people up or not?.. then you say that if its a poor enemy then the medic might not have any revives.. . basically the squad is on the front foot.. but you missed out one bit.. as we both know its rare for a squad not to take casualties..  

My suggestion is to improve a medics overall performance, quality of life and have a positive effect on the pacing of the game and squad momentum. It will have a direct impact on revives yes but it’ll also benefit in other areas.

You said medics revives aren’t important because they’re wasted by others wasting vehicles.  A purely situational opinion. What I was trying to explain is revives do have a massive impact on the overall team and not just on the squad. You’re pulling me up on something you said, not me.

..what I said was that  you can give the medic all the toys to have quicker revives etc..but the role in  the team is far out weighed by the tickets lost in vehicle wastage or indeed tickets you save as a medic in your squad that some other guy in another squad wastes because he wants to get back into the action...  its not situational its a fact.. I might save 8 tickets...if another guy in the team has 12 deaths.. and 4 kills ..whose been wasting their time?  ... Id prefer to see those revives credited directly to the squad ... because they are what I worked for as a medic... 

so a medic that walks into a room with loads of bodies and gets them up  is just a lucky medic?  Hes a medic, he needs to get people up thats the point of the role ?  A bad medic is one that goes into the same room and gets one guy up and goes off to get kills... 

you are arguing that you cant judge a medic based on revives alone? If I see a medic in my squad with 1 revive, Ill not be saying hey great game medic... I have not been in many games where a squad has no casualties...  ... how else do you judge a medic? ..im just not clear on what you think makes a good medic if its not based on revives?

if you see a board that says 0 3 5 12 revives ... which medic do you want in your squad next round? The guy with twelve may have done as you say, walked into a room with 12 guys down.. but hey he got them up so for me better than the guy with 0 or 3. 

We all want a medic thats actually going to respond and get you up when your down no? and at the end of the day, to me thats a good medic.

Edited by embecmom

4 hours ago, CptDirty said:

But it won't though. Unless the medic heals the wounded teammate and gains that ticket back then we can say it's valuable. 

If the ticket penalty for getting wounded has already been applied, medic heals that wounded teammate but doesn't get the ticket back, then what's the point of a medic lol? 

With the new medic mechanic, where everyone can get wounded people up.  This will come sooner or later anyways. 

Otherwise it will be harder to reduce the enemy tickets. 

11 minutes ago, Axel said:

With the new medic mechanic, where everyone can get wounded people up.  This will come sooner or later anyways. 

Otherwise it will be harder to reduce the enemy tickets. 

But now you're running into a possibility of shortening the average length of a round. 

Rally point is your best Medic.

Untill it is easier and faster to respawn at the rally point till then Medic role will not be needed that much...

1 hour ago, CptDirty said:

But now you're running into a possibility of shortening the average length of a round. 

Overall tickets will then be adjusted.

5 hours ago, Quadro said:

The whole process currently with the drag ability would be something like this Get to your teammate safely > Grab him > Drag Him > Set him down > pull out Field Dressing > Apply Dressing > Wait 10 seconds > Pull out Medic Bag > Apply Healing > Wait 10 seconds > Teammate Revives > Reapply Healing > Wait 10 seconds > Done.

No way. Send a lowly rifleman out to be the hero and drag his wounded comrade back to where you sit sipping tea safely inside cover, where he then revives him and you heal him back to 100% with your magic sack. If a medic is important, he shouldn't be sticking his neck out and getting whacked, keep him safe. 

1 hour ago, LugNut said:

No way. Send a lowly rifleman out to be the hero and drag his wounded comrade back to where you sit sipping tea safely inside cover, where he then revives him and you heal him back to 100% with your magic sack. If a medic is important, he shouldn't be sticking his neck out and getting whacked, keep him safe. 

Hahah true that! Would encourage further teamwork.

31 minutes ago, Quadro said:

Hahah true that! Would encourage further teamwork.

Right. For the most part, that's how it would play out in ARMA. Your buddy goes down next to you, you throw smoke, then drag him back to safety while your squaddies cover for you, and the medic can then make his rounds without hopefully exposing himself to fire. As silly as it sounds, it does help build camaraderie even within the short timeline of a squad match. Just like now, when the same medic risks his neck to save your butt three times in a row, you'd risk your neck to save him when roles are reversed.