Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Smee

Kicked from squad , eject from vehicle

Recommended Posts

 With armour at present when kicked from squad you go to recuit but your still able to drive. Can we get driver ejected.

 

Was an loner in a squad took the armour was kicked then drove at the enemy, no gunner, just died and basically ended the round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah this seems like a decent QoL improvement for SLs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could be like clay pigeon shooting :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You used to be able to force a seat change when you owned the vehicle...now u have to wait till they get out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about when someone is ejected from the squad for non-nefarious reasons?

I've been kicked from squad because the SL wanted to free up space for a clan mate. Irritating, even when the SL prewarns you and apologies, but it would have been even more insulting to have been left stranded in the middle of nowhere with only basic recruit kit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, suds said:

You used to be able to force a seat change when you owned the vehicle...now u have to wait till they get out...

I'm pretty sure if you are initial owner you can still override players from other squads or non squad members. If there is room in the vehicle it just moves them to an empty seat until all the seats are full then it finally ejects them. Also, if it's a vehicle that requires the Crewman kit it seems like it should move them to a regular seat upon removal from the squad.

 

Before, as a squad leader you would claim a vehicle at main, switch to the gunner seat and then before your teammate could jump into the drivers seat another SL could come along and simply claim the vehicle out from under you by entering or approving one of their squad mates.

 

If you're still in the vehicle, kick someone from the squad and then move to the drivers seat they simply get moved to an empty seat. However, in this scenario if they're soloing a non Crewman vehicle and you want them stop Smee is correct there is no fail safe short of getting an admin to kick them from the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

If you're still in the vehicle, kick someone from the squad and then move to the drivers seat they simply get moved to an empty seat. However, in this scenario if they're soloing a non Crewman vehicle and you want them stop Smee is correct there is no fail safe short of getting an admin to kick them from the game.

I think this should remain the status quo for these situations. A kick from squad should not equate to eject from vehicle as it will bring more abandoned vehicles especially with those being 1 manned. Identical result to an unintentional DC from server. Goal is to have the game mechanics self-sufficient without breaking too much immersion imo...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zylfrax791 i had a situation recently, A11.0 i think, where a squad mate was driving a transport which i claimed then swapped seats. he drove the wrong way and was non responsive so i kicked him thinking i could take the seat but i just got the occupied message.

 

playing basrah aas as us team. was start of round and we went to the wrong flag as we had no control of vehicle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/07/2018 at 1:25 PM, DaiaBu said:

What about when someone is ejected from the squad for non-nefarious reasons?

I've been kicked from squad because the SL wanted to free up space for a clan mate. Irritating, even when the SL prewarns you and apologies, but it would have been even more insulting to have been left stranded in the middle of nowhere with only basic recruit kit. 

driver seat... you could still sit in non important seat... its more of a pain if the driver is afk and you go no where...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, suds said:

@Zylfrax791 i had a situation recently, A11.0 i think, where a squad mate was driving a transport which i claimed then swapped seats. he drove the wrong way and was non responsive so i kicked him thinking i could take the seat but i just got the occupied message.

 

playing basrah aas as us team. was start of round and we went to the wrong flag as we had no control of vehicle.

Weird. The only possible thing I can think of is he quickly joined another squad perhaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×