Arrahant

Strike at Karkand & Gulf of Oman in squad: EA/DICE trademark violation?

I was wondering... Is it legally feasible for Squad to have maps named 'Strike at Karkand' and 'Gulf of Oman' maps in the official map rotation, or would that constitute a trademark violation?

Imagine a world in which OWI or the community makes perfect replicas of these awesome maps to play in Squad, and put them in the official rotation. I know the community already put together these maps on their own, but I'm talking about officialized versions running on official servers. To me those maps are pretty much perfect, and together with Squad's mechanics we'll be able to play soldiers on these maps like never before (lest not forget the updated graphics).
Al Basrah by itself is not enough to satisfy my desire to engage in Gulf War era urban scenario's, and I can't be the only one. :) Something about this prospect is just fascinating to me. Maybe due to the Clancy books I read in my teens (EG. Battle for Kuwait), my love for BF2, or seeing the news about invasions and wars in the Middle East (I'm from '84). I also can't wait for the upcoming Tallil Air Base map. Hopefully that'll contain some cool towns.

Am I dreaming the impossible and am I alone in this? Will we all be able to replay these maps in Squad some day?

Edited by Arrahant

13 hours ago, Arrahant said:

It was discussed before, if i'm not mistaken: As long as they are available as modded maps, it's all good. If it was to be included in game as official maps, i think there might be some legal issues.

Thanks for the responses guys. Sad to hear an unofficial official reintroduction in Squad is out of the question. But thankfully mods are allowed!

So has anybody been playing live games on the Squad versions of these maps? How was it? I guess there might be a custom server around that runs them... Really curious about the way they play with added stuff like base building and climbing present.

Edited by Arrahant

NAS did a match on Gulf of Oman but with how the spawns were it wasn't ready for play needed tweaked a little before gameplay ready. (It is atleast an almost exact copy of the original map though)