Valmont

Post Scriptum maps and graphics

I was wandering why does Post Scriptum looks so much better than Squad?

Is it just their foliage/pallete/assets or are they even using different filters/shaders?

It looks very photo realistic. The shadows are really dark, everything is very sharp and basically on point.

My guess is that they changed lots of stuff because it also runs a lot worst than Squad but the amazing looks are more than worth it if you ask me.

Anyways, this gives me high hopes for Squad to improve its graphics because specially on some maps Squad can very gamey/innacurate in terms of colors, ambiance, shadows, asset variation and in some cases even the level's layout feels outdated even when compared to PR.

In Squad some levels feel more like mazes or even imaginary places rather than based on real life locations but that has been improving over the lasts updates.

I thought it looked way worst! I think pay squad and PS in 1440p at the same settings 

It's a different style choice tbh. PS goes for a more fancy look while Squad kinda wants a more realistic look, irl not everything looks great and beautiful.

Also keep in mind that the PS devs really didn't have to do much with the engine code and stuff, since they use Squad's mainly, so they are able to focus way more on the creative side.

That's a good point - plus the fundamental difference in environments and landscapes means that agricultural assets and so on can shine more in PS, to some extent, and in our imagination, perhaps WW2 is a richer, more readily beautified setting. Market Garden had lovely villages that we would certainly consider quaint these days. Eastern Bloc concrete brutalism is not going to have the same visual appeal. I think there are a number of factors in this.

Yeah, the maps in Post Scriptum are historically accurate, they look at historical maps of the Netherlands in the area they want to go for.

PS looks really bad compared to Squad and even worse compared to Hell let loose. 

Both Squad and PS should strive for photo realistic or photogrammetry tech

Yet I love Squad, best game in my opinion. Engrossing, immersive and great community

I don't know if PS really looks that much better or worse than Squad, but PS definitely runs much worse than squad right now.

On 2018/7/23 at 10:10 PM, Mon Pavion said:

I don't know if PS really looks that much better or worse than Squad, but PS definitely runs much worse than squad right now.

The reason a lot of people tend to view PS as a better looking game is probably that PS's existing maps lack the extreme types as Squad's, say, heated desert, exterme dust or poor illumination. 

On 7/21/2018 at 11:37 AM, Shaldag said:

Both Squad and PS should strive for photo realistic or photogrammetry tech

I've got a bunch of Quixel Megascans and other HD photoscanned assets & landscape layered material instances and I can tell you they are major resource hogs. And that's in the smallest level you can make in the SDK... so yeah, maybe in a few years when they have an Intel i13 and GTX 1280 128gb video card it might be feasible.