Sign in to follow this  
Pastah

Change compass

Posted (edited)

Two things that should change with the compass:

1. Make the cardinal directions: N, S, E, W, SW, NE, etc, as a different color, like green, yellow, or whatever, from degrees/bearing so it stands out more so it makes it easier to find cardinal directions when contacts are called out. I personally find I have to scan the compass for the cardinal directions without seeing them at a quick glance due to them blending in well with degrees.

2. Make the compass also show the rear direction too. Easiest would be having a physical compass show on screen like Arma. You could add an in-game option to showing another compass below showing the rear direction I guess? I sometimes personally find it more difficult looking for bearing and cardinal direction since you only see 180 degrees of the compass, so I have to twist my guy around a lot to read the compass.

Edited by Pastah

1. Nah, I got used to the compass and I don't want it to pop in different colors. Perhaps just a black outline around the white letters (N, S, E, W, SW, NE, etc..) to make them stand out a bit more. 

2. I'm down with the compass mechanics on ARMA. I kinda miss it. Would love to see it in Squad! 

I'd say highlight "N" in red, a bit like it is on most analogue compasses. I'd also like to see the current bearing number perhaps raised up just a little, so it's easier to glance at when you're trying to give a quick bearing on an enemy.