Nedel1572

Keyboard Layout

Hi,

I'm new here but with 100h of game. I don't know if it's the best place for the post.  

One thing that always bugged me is the impossibilioty to program the layout of the simplest keys aka forward, backward, left and right. 

I am saying this because the game is set for an english keyboard (what I got from my tinkering), but the layout doesn't match an azerty layout.

Am I the only one with this problem ? 

How hard would it be to add 4 lines of reprogrammable keys for forward, left ,right and backward ?

There is a keyboard remapping program out there which I can't remember the name of unfortunately. It allows you to change your keyboard layout for any game.

Edited by Quadro

Hello and welcome to Squad,

3 hours ago, Nedel1572 said:

[...]

How hard would it be to add 4 lines of reprogrammable keys for forward, left ,right and backward ?

There is a bug. Some lines of code got lost in translation.

Set the game to English, then rebind the keys ingame.

Yep, as beginna said, it's a known issue we plan on fixing. Our apologies for the inconvenient, but the workaround of switching languages should get you running for the time being!

I always use Alt-shift to change from AZERTY to QWERTY but don't do this when your loading in because it won't work and you need to restart your pc to fix it.