GhostdogSw3

Mk 19 in project reality not squad why?

Which class would have it or deploy it? Or would this be a deployable at a fob? I really don't think this thing will serve a purpose since the grenadier class exists.

Every time I see a post about another weapon or gadget for conventional forces, I can't help but chuckle. I'll ask the same question:

- If you give this weapon for conventional forces, what will you give the unconventional forces in return to balance this?

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, GhostdogSw3 said:

Maybe a tow at high ticket rate or more ied bomb suprise attcks

I miss Gary :x

Edited by Phoenixstorm

Since there are full auto 23mm HE, 25mm HE and 30mm HE its not such a wild idea to give the MRAP a MK19.

On 7/17/2018 at 6:42 AM, CptDirty said:

Every time I see a post about another weapon or gadget for conventional forces, I can't help but chuckle. I'll ask the same question:

- If you give this weapon for conventional forces, what will you give the unconventional forces in return to balance this?

Mosin Nagants.

Posted (edited)
On 2018-07-17 at 3:42 PM, CptDirty said:

Why would a mk-19 be so much better than the 30mm auto cannons with fragmentation warheads? I think if manually operated mk-19 was better than 30mm, then warrior etc would have one instead of the auto cannons. Conclusion. Mk-19 is an inferior weapon and shouldn't cause much of a balance problem. Just take away a warrior for example. Put the mk-19 on an mrap, that has much less Armour on it as well.

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

6 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Why would a mk-19 be so much better than the 30mm auto cannons with fragmentation warheads?

Because the mk-19 fires very similar 40mm fragmentation/smoke rounds (40x53mm) that the grenade launcher do (40x46mm). Currently the 30mm fragmentation rounds damage is inferior to that of the grenade launcher so even if conventional forces forfeit an armoured vehicles in favour of a MRAP mk-19, unfortunately that still doesn't answer the fundamental question:

- What are you giving insurgents/militia in return for the conventional forces' mk-19?

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Because the mk-19 fires very similar 40mm fragmentation/smoke rounds (40x53mm) that the grenade launcher do (40x46mm). Currently the 30mm fragmentation rounds damage is inferior to that of the grenade launcher so even if conventional forces forfeit an armoured vehicles in favour of a MRAP mk-19, unfortunately that still doesn't answer the fundamental question:

- What are you giving insurgents/militia in return for the conventional forces' mk-19?

Yes that's likely true but the 30 mm travels probably ten times faster and longer with a flatter trajectory and because of speed probably has a slightly more of penetrative power as well.

Well conventional forces don't have an AA gun for example... Not a big issue.

On 10/6/2018 at 3:57 AM, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Well conventional forces don't have an AA gun for example... Not a big issue.

Because conventional forces don't need AA guns against the unconventional forces since unconventional forces shouldn't have aircraft to begin with. Besides, the AA gun doesn't have any protection for the person operating it unlike an MRAP. 

So, again, what are we willing to give the irregular forces in return for the MK-19 the conventional forces will receive? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CptDirty said:

Because conventional forces don't need AA guns against the unconventional forces since unconventional forces shouldn't have aircraft to begin with. Besides, the AA gun doesn't have any protection for the person operating it unlike an MRAP. 

So, again, what are we willing to give the irregular forces in return for the MK-19 the conventional forces will receive? 

My point again being, we don't have to give them anything. We can take away something from the people who gets the MK-19. For example a Bradley with 30 mm and TOW launchers or one of the upcoming tanks even. Map dependent of course.

You might have noticed that conventional forces don't have aircraft yet either. Still unconventional forces have an AA gun at this point. Game works.

14 minutes ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

My point again being, we don't have to give them anything. We can take away something from the people who gets the MK-19. For example a Bradley with 30 mm and TOW launchers or one of the upcoming tanks even. Map dependent of course.

Disagree big time, how can you not see the imbalance...Replacing 1/3 bradleys with a mk19 mrap doesn't balance anything, it just gives conventional forces more variety of weapon systems whereas the unconventional forces didn't get anything in return for this exchange. So instead of using 3 bradleys to attack Al Basrah, you're just doing it with 2 bradley and mk19 mrap. Now you're able to lob grenades over obstacles....

Furthermore the unconventional forces are already at a disadvantage due to the forced symmetrical warfare parameters of the popular game modes. The only attempt made to balance that out was giving irregulars extra tickets (because the devs know irregulars will die a lot more defending their territory against the conventional forces). 

At this point neither of us is able to change each other's mind on this topic. I still believe that unconventional forces will need to get something in return for the conventional's mk19 if it's implemented. 

2 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

Disagree big time, how can you not see the imbalance...Replacing 1/3 bradleys with a mk19 mrap doesn't balance anything, it just gives conventional forces more variety of weapon systems whereas the unconventional forces didn't get anything in return for this exchange. So instead of using 3 bradleys to attack Al Basrah, you're just doing it with 2 bradley and mk19 mrap. Now you're able to lob grenades over obstacles....

Furthermore the unconventional forces are already at a disadvantage due to the forced symmetrical warfare parameters of the popular game modes. The only attempt made to balance that out was giving irregulars extra tickets (because the devs know irregulars will die a lot more defending their territory against the conventional forces). 

At this point neither of us is able to change each other's mind on this topic. I still believe that unconventional forces will need to get something in return for the conventional's mk19 if it's implemented. 

Why should they get 2 Bradley's? Give them 0 is what I thought. A few lorries.

Just now, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Why should they get 2 Bradley's? Give them 0 is what I thought. A few lorries.

So now you're suggesting replacing all Bradley's with mk19 mraps, let's see how many people will back that idea up.........O.o Although now that I think about it, removing some vehicles from certain layers depending on which faction fights who could work.

You see what i mean now? Anything new added to the game is just a big balancing act....

18 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

So now you're suggesting replacing all Bradley's with mk19 mraps, let's see how many people will back that idea up.........O.o Although now that I think about it, removing some vehicles from certain layers depending on which faction fights who could work.

You see what i mean now? Anything new added to the game is just a big balancing act....

Yeah that's what I mean. In one map they get mraps in another they only have Bradley's and so on. Yeah its a constant struggle with balancing I guess.

If they balanced it in PR they can balance it in squad. It's been over half a decade, there is no reason that all of PR's vehicles and weapons have not be placed into Squad. Post Sciptum and other crap took over priorities. Squad is old news now lol, we will get tanks and 2-3 heli's and that will be it. No CAS, no jets. Sad.