Pastah

Radio Comms & Drag Players & Revival Notification

We need an overhaul of the radio system where you can carry two radios. One for the squad and one for squad leaders. You can physically adjust the frequency and volume on each radio. More important of all, you can change the radios to be centered, left ear, or right ear so you can tell the difference of which radio net is talking. So headphone users can take off an earphone to listen to comms better. It would also be nice if we could mute a radio as well, though this is frowned upon.

We need the ability to drag dead players away from danger zones to a safer area known as a casualty collection point. This way medics can focus on retrieving injured and dead players off the battlefield and heal them in a safe location. We desperately need this drag feature.

Also, players need a notification if they're being bandaged and revived so they don't have to be notified through voice each time. It gets annoying if you have like 10 guys dead and you have to tell each guy by name that they're being revived.

Thank you for reading my suggestions.

OWI has already said that they are adding the ability to drag down teammates, and you already get an indication when you're getting healed. As far as the radio suggestions, the only one I agree with is the ability to assign channels to an ear. The others seem unnecessary in my opinion.

Devs said many times...drag after Squad 1.0. So, not before 2019

On 7/14/2018 at 6:15 PM, Pastah said:

We need an overhaul of the radio system where you can carry two radios. One for the squad and one for squad leaders. You can physically adjust the frequency and volume on each radio. More important of all, you can change the radios to be centered, left ear, or right ear so you can tell the difference of which radio net is talking. 

We need the ability to drag dead players

http://forums.joinsquad.com/search/?&q=drag&sortby=relevancy

https://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=175

mocap3.jpg

players need a notification if they're being bandaged and revived

I'm on the fence on this one. The only issue I see with this is that it's just another reason for players NOT to have a microphone which I'm not okay with. There's a certain atmosphere that is created when a few teammates are incapacitated and a medic is nearby patching people up. I find it AWESOME AND COOL when there's a casualty situation and the medic takes over telling people not to give up and remain calm as he patches people up. It certainly adds to the immersion. 

1 hour ago, CptDirty said:

I'm on the fence on this one. The only issue I see with this is that it's just another reason for players NOT to have a microphone which I'm not okay with. There's a certain atmosphere that is created when a few teammates are incapacitated and a medic is nearby patching people up. I find it AWESOME AND COOL when there's a casualty situation and the medic takes over telling people not to give up and remain calm as he patches people up. It certainly adds to the immersion. 

Yeah, I agree. It's one of the scenarios that gets players communicating, which to me, is the very essence of this game. As a compromise, how about making it possible to look around when you are bleeding out? Heavily distort and blur your vision, remove all HUD elements and perhaps make the sound slightly muffled, but allow you to look around so you can see if there's a medic operating nearby without having to check the map? I guess the objection will be that it will enhance your ability to give away enemy positions though, as you can still use your radio ("Enemy on my body").

Radio ear assignment will also be most welcome; comms can get very cluttered, hopefully this will make things easier to organise when the situation gets busy.

6 minutes ago, DaiaBu said:

As a compromise, how about making it possible to look around when you are bleeding out? Heavily distort and blur your vision, remove all HUD elements and perhaps make the sound slightly muffled, but allow you to look around so you can see if there's a medic operating nearby without having to check the map?

I would love to see something like this but not player-controlled. Essentially when the player is incapacitated and a medic comes over to patch him up, the player's head automatically centers around the medic patching for the visual effect and confirmation of healing. I reckon this will be hard to achieve if the medic patches the patient's foot but if devs disable the patching of lower torso it should be easier. Perhaps lower torso could then be used for dragging? 

Back in the day, the only way your team would know if you were wounded was to tell them.

Now, the map indicates if you're wounded.

I dislike additional features that remove the responsibility of players to communicate their situation.

Communication with your squad is what makes this game great. I'd prefer if devs returned to the original philosophy.

Posted (edited)
On 14/07/2018 at 8:40 PM, smokyhook said:

OWI has already said that they are adding the ability to drag down teammates, and you already get an indication when you're getting healed. As far as the radio suggestions, the only one I agree with is the ability to assign channels to an ear. The others seem unnecessary in my opinion.

This said it all.

On 16/07/2018 at 12:36 PM, CptDirty said:

I would love to see something like this but not player-controlled. Essentially when the player is incapacitated and a medic comes over to patch him up, the player's head automatically centers around the medic patching for the visual effect and confirmation of healing. I reckon this will be hard to achieve if the medic patches the patient's foot but if devs disable the patching of lower torso it should be easier. Perhaps lower torso could then be used for dragging? 

And this sounds like a good idea overall, sounds fun and sort of immersive. Maybe make the screen less blurry when it sort of centers on the medic, but don't make it fixed, make it sort of shaky as if you are struggling to keep your eye on him, so he's not always on the center fixed, it's more that you're tracking him.

Edited by Skully172