Kerri

After Action Report suggestion / Comms question

Posted (edited)

Did a quick search and couldn't find much so sorry if it's been suggested in the past, I haven't been browsing the forums for a while.

Wondering what everyone's opinion would be for a more in-depth AAR for the end-of-round scoreboard, showing which and how many of each vehicle were lost for both team, how many habs were lost, with the new ticket mechanics perhaps how many tickets were gained/lost for caps, etc. Just a way of understanding how tickets were spent/gained and perhaps having a bit of insight into where your team fell short.

Also, please add the info regarding ticket cost for vehicles, radios, (habs? still not sure if they have their own ticket loss separate to radio) in-game. Either in the help section of the in-game map where it shows the legend, or somewhere else.

Finally a question, not sure if it warrants its own thread and don't want to necro an old one; haven't been following the threads, just playing the game and reading the recaps, has there been any word on having squad comms also broadcast in proximity? I know it's been suggested before because I recall throwing my hat in the ring but never heard a dev response. For example; I'm SL2 radioing my squad about an enemy vic to the East that I've been informed of by SQ3, I now need to repeat myself in local for the nearby blueberries to be aware, whereas they should have just been able to hear me speaking over my radio in proximity chat. Would also help in the situations where you're SQL and are communicating in the command net with other squads, your squad could also be listening in proximity and be getting both a good idea of the plan without you having to immediately repeat yourself, but also just know that you're communicating so they both don't speak over you or think you're just standing mute when you're busy coordinating.

Cheers, I'm not very good at conveying things so sorry if it got a bit confusing in parts.

Edited by Kerri

I'd second a more indepth AAR, especially if it focused more on larger assets and caps, and not so much on tickets. Speaking of tickets though, it would be nice in the scoreboard to have a column with a pos/neg ticket count. So, you think you're the badass rifleman dude since you got 12 kills, but you died 18 times, so you're -6. Or the BTR crew that gets 25 kills and loses 3 BTRS, -35. 

3 hours ago, LugNut said:

I'd second a more indepth AAR, especially if it focused more on larger assets and caps, and not so much on tickets. Speaking of tickets though, it would be nice in the scoreboard to have a column with a pos/neg ticket count. So, you think you're the badass rifleman dude since you got 12 kills, but you died 18 times, so you're -6. Or the BTR crew that gets 25 kills and loses 3 BTRS, -35. 

Completely agree, they definitely need to have vic kills, etc. incorporated into your score, as unless it's changed recently and I haven't noticed, you can be MVP with three 30mm kills as AT and it'll show up as 4 incaps and 2 kills, when in reality it's like an 80 ticket advantage you've gained your team. I understand people not wanting k/d ratios being focused on in the scoreboard but it's a fact of life with the current ticket system, and it's already there so you might as well make it a bit more useful by incorporating vic kill tickets, etc.

Posted (edited)
On 7/14/2018 at 4:52 PM, Kerri said:

you can be MVP with three 30mm kills as AT and it'll show up as 4 incaps and 2 kills, when in reality it's like an 80 ticket advantage you've gained your team

1000% this is a huge problem. 

The whole game of Squad revolves around tickets. Ticket bleed this and ticket that but the damn scoreboard doesn't show how many vehicles the LAT took out. 

It's honestly pathetic at this point...

Edited by CptDirty

yes hoping to expand the AAR to be a little more comprehensive and not as "Kill" orientated, although vehicle losses etc is a good stat that is missing.

wont comment too much more on this as its pending some systems to come online to track more stats, but it will eventually become priority to get this up to spec...

nice, 

all the stats and then some more. No need to display it all just make them available. Plenty of threads about this with a lot of detail.