Borsti

Ticket loss for downed players

Posted (edited)

First of all sorry for my bad english. I hope you understand what i am saying.

In some of my games i'm noticing a "problem", it's not a huge problem, but still.

Lets say you are in a long and more or less even game and your team is running out of tickets. You then assume that the enemy team is also running out of tickets. So when the last 10 or 20 Tickets are reached, the SLs tell the players not to give up after they got downed, so your team is not losing any more tickets. If you are a good teamplayer you do that and spent the last 5 minutes or so watching the Map. If you don't give a shit, you respawn anyway. So teamplayers get kind of punished.

So, here is my suggestion: Each time a player is downed, the team loses a ticket. So if your team is low on tickets and you give up (because there is no medic nearby) it doesn't change anything. If you don't give up and get revived instead, your team gains one ticket.

Edited by Borsti

Welcome to the forum. 

If your downed you don't lose a ticket. If you give in your team loses a ticket.  If your revived no ticket lost. Does shooting your SL and reviving him give you back lots a tickets. :) Its got a crazy suicide squad mentality life of brian springs to mind. 

At present its 2mins from going down which isn't long to hold out. Like the idea or extra tickets for getting shot in the first place.  Keep the ideas coming

I would much rather prefer a system where the medics, once revive and heal an incapacitated teammate to full health, generate 1 ticket on top of the ticket saved. With an added bonus points on their scoreboard to reflect the performance. 

This would balance out the lost tickets of Radios and vehicles and MAKE MEDICS GREAT AGAIN

Posted (edited)

The "giving up" problem in a low ticket condition is much more than an issue related to medics.

In a vertical slice game development model all the classes, vehicles, weapons, maps and game modes are defined and then balanced by beta testers within the company before ever being released to the general public.

On the other hand, Squad has been developed in complete contrast to that model in what could only be described as the "Reaction" model. In this model changes are only made to the game once the clans have figured out how to cheese it, everyone copies them and then enough complaints are registered with the devs.

Complaint: Clans rushing the first flags.

Reaction: Kill rushing.

Complaint: Clans cheesing the squad roles.

Reaction: Further restrict the roles.

Complaint: Clans shooting too good and getting too many kills.

Reaction: Increase sway etc.

Complaint: Clans camping HAB's and "Meat Grinding".

Reaction: Change HAB dynamics.

So now we get where we are today where the latest meta is no medics, keep a rally/hab up any way you can and just grind away hoping to blitz flags by attrition. Glorified TDM I call it.

It just seems to me that ultimately a hybrid of Arcade and MilSim isn't really feasible because each paradigm brings with it features that negate and cancel each other out.

Edited by Zylfrax791

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Smee said:

If your downed you don't lose a ticket. If you give in your team loses a ticket.  If your revived no ticket lost.

Yes, that's the current situation, what i am suggestion is:

Player gets downed --> Ticket loss for the Team

Player get revived --> Ticket gain for the team

Player gives up --> no extra ticket loss or gain

@Zylfrax791 but what you are describing is the whole idea of beta/alpha/EA testing

Edited by Borsti

2 hours ago, CptDirty said:

I would much rather prefer a system where the medics, once revive and heal an incapacitated teammate to full health, generate 1 ticket on top of the ticket saved. With an added bonus points on their scoreboard to reflect the performance. 

This would balance out the lost tickets of Radios and vehicles and MAKE MEDICS GREAT AGAIN

I'd agree with this. It's completely gamey, but I think there should be more ways to recoup tickets. I like in Invasion that as an attacker, you don't start with a zillion tickets and are reliant on capturing points, or you'll quickly run out. For one thing, if the other team is stomping you, the pain is quickly over. And, if there were side mission sort of things, it would break up the unrelenting routine of AAS. Leave your guys on the cap, or send a fireteam over to destroy the whatever that just spawned because you're desperate for tickets?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CptDirty said:

yup agreed medics need to be needed, not a necessary evil ... getting tickets back or adding tickets to the count would be a little way to show love for the medic... I even had one poster saying that if an SL takes 2 medics then he is a crap SL and the game will be a meatgrinder so leaves the squad... (good riddance tbh)..  but the problem is as Zyl says.. its TDM mentality that has led to a situation where players are more interested in K/D ratio so will spawn back in at the earliest opportunity even if that means losing the match .    Of course it has to end and tickets are the way to go, but as Ive bleated on about many many times... tickets are impacted a lot by players that dont care more than those that do.  i.e you might get 30 revives in a match by medics but lose 3 strykers....so adding tickets back in will not solve the OP problem, the same players that dont care will have more tickets added for them to waste...for me it has to be back to the squad that has the medic doing the work... anyway old stuff..same old same old..

Edited by embecmom

@Borsti. I guess with the new medics change, what you suggest will automatically be the next step. 

2 hours ago, LugNut said:

And, if there were side mission sort of things, it would break up the unrelenting routine of AAS. Leave your guys on the cap, or send a fireteam over to destroy the whatever that just spawned because you're desperate for tickets?

Hmm, interesting. A hybrid of AAS and Insurgency game modes. Having S&D missions to gain tickets could be fun. Would help pull defenders away as well. 

9 hours ago, embecmom said:

tickets are impacted a lot by players that dont care more than those that do.

Exactly. A few randons can easily join your team and if not watched waste a bunch of high ticket vehicles.