Sign in to follow this  
Gilligan

Animation variation between characters

So, I was wondering if, at some future point, it would be possible to have different animations for different characters doing the same action. Like sprinting characters having different gaits depending on the terrain, or perhaps have it be randomized? For instance, there could be 9 possible sprinting animations, and when a character starts sprinting, the game assigns a random animation in that category. I don't know if this would be possible or feasible for the devs to do, considering the head bob, but it would be a nice way to make it so players running beside each other don't break the immersion of everyone who was looking at them, I mean, the current animations are really good, but sometimes it reminds me of Attack Of The Clones. Not insulting the game at all, or saying that a lot of work didn't go into the current animation system, but if there was a way to have dynamic/variable animations, then it would be the most immersive experience to play this game, hands down.

Only if I can virtually point and laugh at the funny looking guy running like a hippo.  :lol:

If this does catch on I recommend the sprint animations from Heroes and Generals Red Orchestra 2. (RO2 German One Handed Sprint)

Funny you should mention this, I remember playing a game and three people from my Squad were running ahead of me and the animation's were all exactly synced up. Looked weird and funny at the same time.

If this does catch on I recommend the sprint animations from Heroes and Generals Red Orchestra 2. (RO2 German One Handed Sprint)

Does the german army still run like that? iirc they only did that in WW2 because they thought it was better but it really wasn't.

Back on topic, this would be a nice feature but it shouldn't be a priority at this point.

...but it shouldn't be a priority at this point.

I know, that's why I said "at some future point"

ermagerd the sprint with a weapon in one hand is so good, now I must have this added. I shall now crown myself king and demand!

ermagerd the sprint with a weapon in one hand is so good, now I must have this added. I shall now crown myself king and demand!

I think there's a reason for why we have a forum.... As well as forum members.... And the option to post things... and reply to things....