Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Right now the inability to ranged above 200m make it very difficult for an average player like me to get a better shot at long range with the L85A2, this also make the gun in a big disadvantage compare to other rifles in game. I think the devs should replaced the current l85a2 iron-sight with the one used in the cadet version, which allow for range adjustment up to 500m ( L98A1 )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jackU543 said:

Right now the inability to ranged above 200m make it very difficult for an average player like me to get a better shot at long range with the L85A2, this also make the gun in a big disadvantage compare to other rifles in game. I think the devs should replaced the current l85a2 iron-sight with the one used in the cadet version, which allow for range adjustment up to 500m ( L98A1 )

 

I can personally guarantee that the BAF won't be receiving any cadet gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

>making everyone use a bolt-action only SA80

1483938029922.jpg

well, did you really read what i wrote ? I said the only part needed to changed is an iron-sight, not a whole rifle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2018 at 5:22 PM, jackU543 said:

Right now the inability to ranged above 200m make it very difficult for an average player like me to get a better shot at long range with the L85A2, this also make the gun in a big disadvantage compare to other rifles in game. I think the devs should replaced the current l85a2 iron-sight with the one used in the cadet version, which allow for range adjustment up to 500m ( L98A1 )

 

Really? Do you honestly think that?

I really cant think of a time when I've needed to adjust the ranging on the iron sights in battle - at anything over 200 metres, then targets in game are generally so small that not having optics is my main concern, rather than having more range adjustment. If anything, I'd say the L85A2 actually has a big advantage compared to other rifles; it has one of the clearest and most unobstructed sight pictures of all of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

does such a rifle exist

the game is already inaccurate in depicting BAF so giving a hybrid L85, cadet rifle wouldn t be much of a problem anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jackU543 said:

the game is already inaccurate in depicting BAF so giving a hybrid L85, cadet rifle wouldn t be much of a problem anyway.

is inaccuracy the intention?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

is inaccuracy the intention?

if they want to strive for accuracy, then every BAF infantry should have an optic equipped L85, but since it would make the game so unbalanced, as the dev said. But then what i proposed is just giving the weapon new iron-sight so the weapon can be equal to other in-game rifle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta be a better solution to balance than that

 

The irons are really limited. The target becomes obscured by the post at around 150m. It has a similar problem to the Russian optic, where at 200m your bullets land dead center in the triangle reticle so it's impossible to see what you're shooting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This probably going to be the most unpopular opinion, but I believe giving British team SUSAT sights as the standard should be the norm. Yeah, at long range engagements and long range maps such as logar this will give huge advantages over other teams, but SUSAT sight isn't that great of an optic. It covers large portion of the bottom of the view, blocks out peripheral view, and in close combat provides serious handicap against someone who is using reflex or iron sight. Perhaps to balance it out, the sight alignment time should be increased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a military expert, but from all the clips in this video I haven't seen 1 British soldier without an optic attached on his L85.....just saying....

 

 

Balancing act can still take place under a different format. Conventional forces get optics, unconventional get more explosive gadgets and heavier caliber rifles? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CptDirty said:

Not a military expert, but from all the clips in this video I haven't seen 1 British soldier without an optic attached on his L85.....just saying....

 

 

Balancing act can still take place under a different format. Conventional forces get optics, unconventional get more explosive gadgets and heavier caliber rifles? 

No. I hate optcs...especially in CQC. In Squad there are a lot of situations where fights at very close range...inside building, small village, attack a fob ect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Tmac said:

No. I hate optcs...especially in CQC. In Squad there are a lot of situations where fights at very close range...inside building, small village, attack a fob ect.

if you said that, then why don t the dev give us a fcking red dot sight mount on top of an optic ? Or enable us to use the back up iron sight on the ACOG like in Arma 3, or at least let people to choose what they want

1 hour ago, CptDirty said:

Not a military expert, but from all the clips in this video I haven't seen 1 British soldier without an optic attached on his L85.....just saying....

 

 

Balancing act can still take place under a different format. Conventional forces get optics, unconventional get more explosive gadgets and heavier caliber rifles? 

agree with you

Edited by jackU543

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Caliell said:

This probably going to be the most unpopular opinion, but I believe giving British team SUSAT sights as the standard should be the norm. Yeah, at long range engagements and long range maps such as logar this will give huge advantages over other teams, but SUSAT sight isn't that great of an optic. It covers large portion of the bottom of the view, blocks out peripheral view, and in close combat provides serious handicap against someone who is using reflex or iron sight. Perhaps to balance it out, the sight alignment time should be increased.

giving all BAF infantry an ability to used a SUSAT mounted rifle wouldn t be much of a balanced issue since the SUSAT wouldn t be comparable to other high end optic like the ACOG or 1p78. We've seen the widespread used of the SUSAT before in V11 test server, not sure why the dev changed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Balancing act can still take place under a different format. Conventional forces get optics, unconventional get more explosive gadgets and heavier caliber rifles? 

 

Absolutely, balance can be achieved in other ways. More tickets, a difference in spawn mechanics, more nades/ieds/vieds, etc. 

 

I hope we see the ability to use back up irons where applicable. It'll be silly if we can't. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2018 at 11:29 AM, jackU543 said:

if they want to strive for accuracy, then every BAF infantry should have an optic equipped L85, but since it would make the game so unbalanced, as the dev said. But then what i proposed is just giving the weapon new iron-sight so the weapon can be equal to other in-game rifle. 

There's a line between not giving everyone optics for gameplay reasons (which I don't really agree with) and making a weapon that doesn't even exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jackU543 said:

if you said that, then why don t the dev give us a fcking red dot sight mount on top of an optic ? Or enable us to use the back up iron sight on the ACOG like in Arma 3, or at least let people to choose what they want

 

Just a nice balance ... so you would have the opportunity to change between optical and iron sight instantly. So you would like US - BAF to be all infallible snipers on long distances and at the same time "war machines" in CQC? Against Militia and Insurgents? Definitive balance ... thank god you are not a Dev.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tmac said:

Just a nice balance ... so you would have the opportunity to change between optical and iron sight instantly. So you would like US - BAF to be all infallible snipers on long distances and at the same time "war machines" in CQC? Against Militia and Insurgents? Definitive balance ... thank god you are not a Dev.

The same things were said about PR before BUIS was implemented

https://youtu.be/m69T1UfOnz4?t=4m40s

It worked out fine :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ +1

 

exactly... i hope we get backup sights for all weapons that have one.

Edited by Disco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to be able to switch between irons and optics if the weapon layout allows it. RO2 has this feature as well, and it worked brilliantly - even to the extent that you could adjust the range of irons/optics independently on the same weapon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tmac said:

Just a nice balance ... so you would have the opportunity to change between optical and iron sight instantly. So you would like US - BAF to be all infallible snipers on long distances and at the same time "war machines" in CQC? Against Militia and Insurgents? Definitive balance ... thank god you are not a Dev.

why would there alway have to be at least one ****ing dude that alway against everyone opinion ? Maybe you actually are a member of a dev team

Edited by jackU543

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jackU543 said:

why would there alway have to be at least one ****ing dude that alway against everyone opinion ? Maybe you actually are a member of a dev team

Fortunately, everyone's opinions are different. And, even if in the minority, I wanted to say mine about it.

And I repeat, for me such a solution, would make the game even more unbalanced. Already now people cry when they play INS vs BAF-US...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×