Sign in to follow this  

Posted (edited)

Anyone know anything about developing the vehicles thermal vision??
In my opinion the game will remain crude until they implement it.

thermal_imaging.jpg

Edited by danielritual

1 hour ago, danielritual said:

Anyone know anything about developing the vehicles thermal vision??

Yes

I think this needs to be thought through, though.

My concern would be that thermal vision needs to have some kind of distance limitation to say the least, lest it turns into Arma 3, where you could spot and snipe hostiles from 2kms away. 
Some players tend to use the vehicles as mobile sniping platforms (not as much since the implementation of TOWs, but still), and this would make it even worse.

All in all I think the devs want the armor to be vulnerable against unseen infantry. As vehicles roam the map, you usually have to hide until they can be dispatched. Now, imagine if they could spot every single hostile around them: it would be unplayable.

On the other hand, one might argue that it would force players to actually focus on destroying the armor first.

Thermal on certain vehicles would be tolerable.  As long as it doesn't turn into BF4 thermal-land.

IMHO, Squad should focus on making an exciting, balanced, and tactical game. If this feature fits that category, I'm all for it.

11 hours ago, danielritual said:

when will introduce?

The devs have talked about the possibility of it in streams, I'd expect it to be introduced at some point, on some platforms, and only once there is a decent way to counter it. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

that is literally how many are supposed to be used

I agree . 

But the main problem i have with it , is how boring the vehicle combat would be that way , i mean while infantry can use cover and outplay large vehicles , the combat between two large vehicles could become a "whosever spots who first" , that would make large wide open maps very boring and unbalanced , the only way i can see this issue being resolved is with large wide open maps having alot of hills and mountains to block the long range lines of sight. 

Edited by L0cation

6 hours ago, L0cation said:

I agree . 

But the main problem i have with it , is how boring the vehicle combat would be that way , i mean while infantry can use cover and outplay large vehicles , the combat between two large vehicles could become a "whosever spots who first" , that would make large wide open maps very boring and unbalanced , the only way i can see this issue being resolved is with large wide open maps having alot of hills and mountains to block the long range lines of sight. 

That is already how the combat between two large vehicles mostly works, both in game and irl.

6 hours ago, L0cation said:

I agree . 

Just like infantry, superior numbers will win the battle. There is a reason armor doesn't roam around on its own IRL. Even on the maps and layers we have now, two pieces of armor working together are much, much harder to deal with than just one. They should coordinate like a squad. Add in that they should have infantry support, which they often don't in game, and they become that much harder to kill. I play LAT a lot, and a warrior sitting out alone on a hill in Al Basra is a big fat easy kill if I have a moto. If that same Warrior has one infantry sitting outside spotting and watching it's backside, the balance of power has just shifted.