Sign in to follow this  
Scootscoot

Vehicle reset feature

Ok so i was playing some squad last night and I was driving a btr and drove over a tiny rock which inturn flung my vehicle on its side. I thought " no big deal ill just use the vehicle reset feature." Then i remembered i was playing squad and not post scriptum... DEVS why isnt this a feature yet?? If your games physics are crap pls put in little fixes like these.

1 hour ago, Scootscoot said:

Ok so i was playing some squad last night and I was driving a btr and drove over a tiny rock which inturn flung my vehicle on its side. I thought " no big deal ill just use the vehicle reset feature." Then i remembered i was playing squad and not post scriptum... DEVS why isnt this a feature yet?? If your games physics are crap pls put in little fixes like these.

Overall from day one I've always maintained that the vehicle physics in Squad seemed quite realistic across the board related to power, handling and approach angles. I know it can be frustrating to flip a vehicle on a "tiny" (1 meter boulder typically) rock but certainly Squad is the complete opposite of GTA V where you can drive a Camaro off road to the top of Mt. Chiliad with ease.

I totally down vote any reset feature.

2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Overall from day one I've always maintained that the vehicle physics in Squad seemed quite realistic across the board related to power, handling and approach angles. I know it can be frustrating to flip a vehicle on a "tiny" (1 meter boulder typically) rock but certainly Squad is the complete opposite of GTA V where you can drive a Camaro off road to the top of Mt. Chiliad with ease.

I also think that the risk of flipping is one that forces players to make a choice... fast or safe. I guarantee there would be virtually no flips in game (barring some insane bugs) if people treated the vehicles like they would their own car in real life. If you want those supplies ASAP at the fob, maybe you drive your logi truck through the forest, but if you want to have the highest chance of getting there without flipping... you stick to the road :) 

I wouldn't mind giving other vehicles a "tow" ability that could right other vehicles of the same or lower weight class, so that way it requires teamwork but it is still possible to save flipped vehicles. 

1 hour ago, Psyrus said:

I also think that the risk of flipping is one that forces players to make a choice... fast or safe. I guarantee there would be virtually no flips in game (barring some insane bugs) if people treated the vehicles like they would their own car in real life. If you want those supplies ASAP at the fob, maybe you drive your logi truck through the forest, but if you want to have the highest chance of getting there without flipping... you stick to the road :) 

I wouldn't mind giving other vehicles a "tow" ability that could right other vehicles of the same or lower weight class, so that way it requires teamwork but it is still possible to save flipped vehicles. 

I am all in for tow ability.

And making fliped vehicles not catch fire and blow.

13 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Probably hard to implement but how about giving crewman a really heavy duty vehicle jack in their inventory:

* Deploy next to vehicle and use left/right click to lower/raise (left=lower, right=raise). 

* Would apply a physical object that moves up/down at the given point 

* It'd take practice and time to work, and may not be successful always

* Yyou are penalized for time and being vulnerable to attack. Vehicles righted would receive some amount of damage (25% or so) also?

Alternatively, and way easier to implement, the item just does the equivalent of "Reset Vehicle" , but takes 30 seconds of left clicking, and applies 25% damage.

Currently I have no problem with the wheel jumping technique which I've got down to an art form almost (5-15 seconds typically, though on occasion it just never works, or launches me and vehicle into space...)

Give Crewmen a tool or option to reset would be nice, since jumping on the wheels kinda do the same. 

Wheel jumping has never had an official acknowledgement, let alone documentation that it's SOP for unflipping most vehicles in Squad. It just exists...

On 7/6/2018 at 2:16 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Idk about realistic haha It seems like most of the vehicles should go faster while on roads, And i have been thrown off bridges from bumping the sides of them as well. I think the vehicle reset feature would be a good place holder until they can implement a tow system like in PR. Logis and maybe transports could be able to town and recover disabled vics. 

I just find the wheel trick immersion breaking and something we shouldnt have to go through 

On 7/6/2018 at 6:13 AM, Bahrein said:

I am all in for tow ability.

+1 for tow ability.

On 7/6/2018 at 12:30 AM, Scootscoot said:

vehicle reset feature

-1 for vehicle reset feature.

We're continuing to tweak vehicle code; it's an on-going battle with PhysX, as I understand it, but one that the coders are winning. A reset ability is something we've discussed a bit internally, and it has some mixed emotions -- I don't believe anything has been designed as of yet, especially as it may become less of an issue. Some suggestions have included a dedicated recovery vehicle (as a sort of supplement to logistics), a crewman/engineering ability, or simply mimicking Post Scriptum. 

tl;dr: We hear ya, we're working on vehicles, and spitballing some mechanics, if they continue to be needed.

Might also see some changes with the vehicle component system, since that will contain mobility kills as well.

-1 to reset feature.

+1 to tow hook, a la War Thunder. But Squad's physics has a long road ahead before this is viable.

And I'm with @Zylfrax791  here. Vehicles actually behave in a very realistic manner, apart from feeling a little too weightless for me. And also the rubberbanding. And the desyncs. Well....

21 hours ago, Gatzby said:

We're continuing to tweak vehicle code; it's an on-going battle with PhysX, as I understand it, but one that the coders are winning. A reset ability is something we've discussed a bit internally, and it has some mixed emotions -- I don't believe anything has been designed as of yet, especially as it may become less of an issue. Some suggestions have included a dedicated recovery vehicle (as a sort of supplement to logistics), a crewman/engineering ability, or simply mimicking Post Scriptum. 

tl;dr: We hear ya, we're working on vehicles, and spitballing some mechanics, if they continue to be needed.

Might also see some changes with the vehicle component system, since that will contain mobility kills as well.

Mmmmmmm recovering vehicle dose not sound bad at all.

But it would be time consuming and requiring people to use it to drive it from main base and when thy recover what thy needed thy will probobly just live it there. 

I'll hold judgement until the battle with PhysX is concluded. However, I have seen vehicles get stuck in some really dumb situations and when they are mission critical vics, its can be very frustrating. If tanks release and we still have these some of these issues, I would prefer the reset button as a short term fix. 

The devs talked about it. I don't think they like the idea of a simple reset button since it basically rewards rekless driving. Tho i believe fuzzhead had like an idea of brining a logi truck to be able to get vehicles unstuck in some way... Basically no reset button but something better might come eventually, probably after full release.

On 7/28/2018 at 5:37 AM, Guan_Yu007 said:

The devs talked about it. I don't think they like the idea of a simple reset button since it basically rewards rekless driving. Tho i believe fuzzhead had like an idea of brining a logi truck to be able to get vehicles unstuck in some way... Basically no reset button but something better might come eventually, probably after full release.

https://youtu.be/viuyqLK6SOs?t=48m5s

Time stamped @ 48:05