2 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Definitely not in this iteration (which is mostly/all UI), but if it's something that a need develops for in the future, maybe.

I'd say the need is here already. It's harder to find SL than medics. If we had larger squads that means less SLs required and with a FT leader you have a SL in training. Win / win. 

1 hour ago, Caliell said:

I was a bit perplexed with fuel cans being shot on BTR. In real life shooting jerry cans with standard ammo doesn't do anything, nor do they explode into giant fireballs like that. 

Just like it says in the video: "test fuel canisters". Just a mock up of how the damage model is able to interact with individual components on vehicles

1 hour ago, Major Trouble said:

I'd say the need is here already. It's harder to find SL than medics. If we had larger squads that means less SLs required and with a FT leader you have a SL in training. Win / win. 

It might get even harder to find squad leaders if you increase the number of people they'd have to babysit. I'd say upwards of 90% of playerbase already actively avoid leading squads, let's not make it any less appealing than it already is.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MultiSquid said:

It might get even harder to find squad leaders if you increase the number of people they'd have to babysit. I'd say upwards of 90% of playerbase already actively avoid leading squads, let's not make it any less appealing than it already is.

But they would be handing over squad members to the FT so it'd be up to the FT leader to wrangle those snakes. He just need to mark where he wants them to go. It should be upto the FT leader to micro manage his FT.

Edited by Major Trouble
spelling

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, MultiSquid said:

This. It's rare to see all 8 people under your command do he right things, and the more people you have, the more time the SL has to spend on individuals acting up. I already lock my squads at 6 to keep things managable, unless I'm running with people I know.

I also don't have that high of an expectation for fire teams just yet. You will be hard pressed to find willing fireteam leaders just as you are with squad leaders. And I don't even want to start imagining the cluster**** that is 12 people on the same radio.

Edited by Aleon

Posted (edited)

For me it's pretty simple, i'm the squad leader, you join my squad, you do what i say, if not, have fun in a different squad. No matter how many players there are in my squad, they will listen to me. Ofcourse, i am always open for suggestions from my squad members, and willing to listen, but ignoring what i want them to do isn't tolerated.

As a squadleader you simply have to be harsh sometimes. Some times when i told people to not just charge in, and instead walk around and not fire at the enemy unless they see them, i'm asked if fun is allowed aswell in my squad. And well, i told them that if they consider staring at a spawn screen is fun for them, then go ahead, this got through to em and they started listening.

Anyways, with 12 people per squad i meant that mainly for when 100 player servers are a thing. Having too many squads can also be unmanagable for a team.

Edited by Guan_Yu007

17 hours ago, Caliell said:

I was a bit perplexed with fuel cans being shot on BTR. In real life shooting jerry cans with standard ammo doesn't do anything, nor do they explode into giant fireballs like that. 

Melbo got your answer, but to reinforce that, they were added explicitly to demonstrate the system, not as a final product. It's way better at illustrating the effect than internal component damage, say. DOOM-style explosive barrels also not included. =)

On 2018/7/17 at 8:07 AM, RB79BALL said:

Any toilet air vent to sneak down in the Tallil Outskirts map ;)

Only in PR are players willing to stand still for 10 minutes, pointing their shotgun at a hole in the ceiling.

All this is creating a positive hype.. and of course I'm really happy to see project moving. 

I just wanted to point out that its going to be comical gameplay if tanks are added,- cause there's no material destruction in game.

Personally i prefer no tanks, over the tanks which cant make a hole in a building. Or the ones which cant knock down a small fence.

Yeah if you can't destroy fences and stuff at least make sure tanks are able to go through them so that they don't hinder gameplay.

I agree with need of some minor destruction. I understand it is very complicated thing to implement but without ability to make at least holes in the walls with tanks game will feel obsolete and lacking immersion. Not takling about bf style destruction, which is also not realistic, but destructable fences and wooden structures and holes in concrete walls would increase "believability"if you will, of squad greatly. Same goes for mortars and roofs. You should not feel completely safe in wooden/mud house under heavy mortar bobmardment, like you do now (and it feels weird). After all, 30 mil can already penetrate some walls. You get my point :P I just hope someday...

Liking everything except everyone being able to resuscitate people. Why even have medics anymore? (even to "fully heal" after the fact is just silly, not to mention unrealistic). Also removing the only area on Yehorivka that was actually fun to play in & replace it with more of the boring "villages" that make up the rest of the map is a mistake in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Sgt_Dogface said:

Liking everything except everyone being able to resuscitate people. Why even have medics anymore? (even to "fully heal" after the fact is just silly, not to mention unrealistic). Also removing the only area on Yehorivka that was actually fun to play in & replace it with more of the boring "villages" that make up the rest of the map is a mistake in my opinion.

Medics will still have a large impact, the revived players can't do much if anything at all without their help, no stammina, no health, pretty much black screen etc... Also reviving will take twice as long if it's not a medic doing it. I'm also pretty sure it's not all that unrealistic, not just medics know how to bandage people irl. For Yehorivka i think you'll either be relieved or you'll hate it. I personally disliked fighting over that area, it was always such a shitfest it wasn't fun anymore, almost as bad as papanov. It also looks like that they're adding another industrial area to the map, so who knows maybe you'll still have that experience, just somewhere else on the map?

Posted (edited)

I think adding aimpunch and sway is a terrible idea, and pretty much everyone who supports it is simply thinking in terms of how they want to do it to other people. In practice, very few people actually experience such 'features' and think "wow, I lost control of my character and aiming and couldn't do anything, that was FUN!" 

Offworld is adding it when you aren't even getting hit. They should go canvass some Tarkov players who actually dealt with it as a 'feature' when you were getting hit. Or go a step further and add it as an alternate ruleset configurable by server admins, and see which servers actually get played on.

Similarly, focusing on 5x5 maps is a bad idea, at least for general everyday play. Situation might be different for arranged team competitive matchups, but for general play the space either goes unused or dilutes the manpower of one team that gets a bunch of stragglers and quickly gets skunked. Other than chewing up resources, and making it harder to find mortar bases, what is the point? Longer respawn trips if your team failboated HAB construction? Getting one sided maps to go on longer, while reducing actual occurrence of tactical firefights?

Speaking of HABs, if you want to reduce meat grinder then make it so HABs cant be put on the cap. Making it so people cant spawn once an enemy is close  seems like it will focus combat on HAB rushing even more, as getting one guy close and one wipe will mean taking all the caps within the HAB radius a fait accompli especially if rallys are on a new, longer timer. 

Despite the fact that actually driving and blowing people up in tanks would be cool, in terms of play I hope the maps/layers that feature more heavy vics will have some thought put into balancing. Having the play experience of the entire map put into the hands of a couple gunners, or the good ole Al Basrah Warriors vs suicide bikes is actually kinda meh in general practice. 

Edited by Derid

18 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

Let’s just give it a try before assuming it’ll ruin the game.

I like the way you think. ;)

Posted (edited)

1vNlind.jpg

Here in Squad land we’re at “OMG.”

Edited by fatalsushi

17 hours ago, Gatzby said:

I like the way you think. ;)

On 23-7-2018 at 12:28 AM, fatalsushi said:

Let’s just give it a try before assuming it’ll ruin the game.

Well after all this is how we should think. The game is in fact unfinished so the devs are able to try out stuff. Wether the community likes it or not is up to them when these features release. If the feedback is overly negative they can always be changed in another patch so why not just try it out?

What about aa? bushes grass etc looks terrible from distance. Making it harder to see enemies. People with a 4k monitor (Or 4k dsr) have an big advantage.. 

Come on guys, July recap please... urges are real. Give us some T-72 animations :P