Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So with fireteams think the size of a squad could be increased slightly to like 12 players? I think it could work out pretty well once the player count goes up to 50v50.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to say again that I think this is probably the best recap so far. I really like the direction the game is going.

 

Btw, who is doing the Yeho remake and the new desert map? I want to know because they look frickin amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some UI feedback; the role section provides less information than what is in the game now, you have to click on each role to know what it is, ie. what's the difference between the different automatic rifleman and marksman roles ? an extra step.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No spawning on FOBs when enemies are near and reviving the medic are so needed. pls gib.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this recap and especially the focus on Infantry is awesome. Fireteams, Ammo Bags, Changes on Spawn Mechanics, Supression. The medic/bandage Revive Change ist one of my Favourite. After playing Medic about 400 Hours i have no fun anymore. So i think this can bring back fun playing medic and increase the teamplay a lot. And i like the idea about a Squad Wipe is now not that easy anymore. 

 

With Supression, fixed FOB Respawn and the Medic Change, it seems now more possible/rewarding for Squads to Attack FOBs in easy defended Places. Hate to lead attacks on places like South Petrivka on Yehorivka. Buildings/Fences to hide for the defenders and less cover for attackers.

 

Just one thing about the Medic Change, plz dont mess up again ... I hated the Medic Bugs and i am happy it is nearly fixed now. 9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic! I love your Work and the results since closed Alpha unbelievable which progress the game did in that time best Dev Team ever :) Thanks for your hard work

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you defending the new revive mechanic, let me give you just a few of several scenarios that will now occur. Example 1: You have two enemies trapped in a house and surrounded. You down one. Currently, that means a medic must somehow clear the immediate area and make their way into the building to revive. With the new changes, the second guy in the building, whether he's an LAT, an LMG, or simply a rifleman, can pull his buddy up and you're now facing two enemies in the house again both of them combat ready. Example two: You're in an armored vic and you down an LAT that's off to your side with a marksman spotter still alive next to him. Instead of the LAT being dead and needing a medic to get back up and wreck you, his marksman friend can now pull him up and you've now been shot in the ass and blown up by an LAT that should rightfully be out of the picture. These are just two hypothetical scenarios I came up with, out of several, in a minute of thinking about possibilities. I'm sure there are several that I haven't even considered yet. I really don't like where this new feature is going to take this game. Every other change in this recap I can support, or at least accept. This one, though, is gamebreaking imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hundekuven2092 said:

Example 1: You have two enemies trapped in a house and surrounded. You down one. Currently, that means a medic must somehow clear the immediate area and make their way into the building to revive. With the new changes, the second guy in the building, whether he's an LAT, an LMG, or simply a rifleman, can pull his buddy up and you're now facing two enemies in the house again both of them combat ready.

How long will it take for that surviving enemy to get his buddy up? Nobody knows right now. I am sure it will be something the devs adjust over time. It will however take significantly longer than a proper medic as has been stated. During that time I'd expect you and you squad to have moved in to confirm the house clear. You'd probably catch the enemy reviving his buddy. If he did manage to get his buddy up before you could get to the building that downed enemy won't have any stamina and can't regain it, will have increased weapon sway and probably reduced vision. He's not as 'combat ready' as you make out without a medics intervention.

1 hour ago, Hundekuven2092 said:

Example two: You're in an armored vic and you down an LAT that's off to your side with a marksman spotter still alive next to him. Instead of the LAT being dead and needing a medic to get back up and wreck you, his marksman friend can now pull him up and you've now been shot in the ass and blown up by an LAT that should rightfully be out of the picture.

Again how long does it take for a non-medic to pull of a revive. That marksman could be vulnerable for a good while making that revive. Once the LAT has been revived the negative effects of no stamina etc isn't going to make that 'ass shot' very easy.

 

As a regular medic player I don't see the new revive mechanic as game breaking at all. It may need some tweaking once implemented to get the balance right but if it means I am not the only who can get my squad mates up but am the only one who can bring them back to fighting fit it still makes the medic an important role. I'd love to see harsher penalties for downed/revived players to reduce any combat effectiveness further and I think that may even come in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i cannot understand the devs really solved the problem of meatgrinders by generating a obvious new problem. you can quote me in 2 month after playtesting the changes.

 

50m is a quit big circle. two guys hiding in the bushes or in a hut can block now a HAB without a single action. just staying there the entire round or waiting for reinforcements before attack. reinforcement for defenders? nope! set it to a 5m circle around the HAB and it will be even a strong enough tactic to overrun an FOB with only small manpower. i dont like it and you will see soon why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, macgeifer said:

50m is a quit big circle. two guys hiding in the bushes or in a hut can block now a HAB without a single action. just staying there the entire round or waiting for reinforcements before attack. reinforcement for defenders? nope! set it to a 5m circle around the HAB and it will be even a strong enough tactic to overrun an FOB with only small manpower. i dont like it and you will see soon why.

We have even bigger overrun radii in PR and it works perfectly fine, and the rally points are even less forgiving over there. It'll be fine, people will adapt and the game will be better for it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

We have even bigger overrun radii in PR and it works perfectly fine, and the rally points are even less forgiving over there. It'll be fine, people will adapt and the game will be better for it :)

its also a question of mapdesign and accessible buildings. on half of the maps it will be hard to find a suitable spot for a HAB now. Think about Sumari LOL^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Hundekuven2092 said:

For those of you defending the new revive mechanic, let me give you just a few of several scenarios that will now occur. Example 1: You have two enemies trapped in a house and surrounded. You down one. Currently, that means a medic must somehow clear the immediate area and make their way into the building to revive. With the new changes, the second guy in the building, whether he's an LAT, an LMG, or simply a rifleman, can pull his buddy up and you're now facing two enemies in the house again both of them combat ready. Example two: You're in an armored vic and you down an LAT that's off to your side with a marksman spotter still alive next to him. Instead of the LAT being dead and needing a medic to get back up and wreck you, his marksman friend can now pull him up and you've now been shot in the ass and blown up by an LAT that should rightfully be out of the picture. These are just two hypothetical scenarios I came up with, out of several, in a minute of thinking about possibilities. I'm sure there are several that I haven't even considered yet. I really don't like where this new feature is going to take this game. Every other change in this recap I can support, or at least accept. This one, though, is gamebreaking imo.

You should read again my friend ... recap. 

Because you are missing some really important informations about it. 

Both your scenarios are not correct. They are not totally false but they are not correct. Also you dont count new suppression system in and so on. 

You have right that this change game play for sure. 

People will not give up so easily. They will still keep hope that their nearby teammate will revive them. Non medic revive a lot longer than medic. Check recap. that means that you have time to finish clearing. And most important info you missed. No stamina refill. tham neans. No climbing, no sprinting, n ovaulting, Slower prone slower stand. And weapon sway like a lot. What is effectivity of that poor guy ? He is just weight. May be he prevent to overtake cap zone. Which is pretty good. But he will suffer until medic will get there. Imagine that this guy will be just revived and his health will not be full because just medic could do that (also mentioned in article). Dark vision will be in play from that moment. And new suppression system. He will not hit anything. He will make noise. May be suppress somone. At the end of day it can have better immersion effect to game play. And also ... except medics kits has limited amount of bandages. And people think twice if they use their last bandage to their downed friend. No bandage .. no revive. Last bandage used for revive = bleeding => game over. So i wouldnt see it so dark. It can be pretty fresh new stuff which change a game. Until we change it ... we know nothing. Lets wait to try and than judge. 

 

 

Edited by elerik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Hundekuven2092 said:

For those of you defending the new revive mechanic, let me give you just a few of several scenarios that will now occur. Example 1: You have two enemies trapped in a house and surrounded. You down one. Currently, that means a medic must somehow clear the immediate area and make their way into the building to revive. With the new changes, the second guy in the building, whether he's an LAT, an LMG, or simply a rifleman, can pull his buddy up and you're now facing two enemies in the house again both of them combat ready. Example two: You're in an armored vic and you down an LAT that's off to your side with a marksman spotter still alive next to him. Instead of the LAT being dead and needing a medic to get back up and wreck you, his marksman friend can now pull him up and you've now been shot in the ass and blown up by an LAT that should rightfully be out of the picture. These are just two hypothetical scenarios I came up with, out of several, in a minute of thinking about possibilities. I'm sure there are several that I haven't even considered yet. I really don't like where this new feature is going to take this game. Every other change in this recap I can support, or at least accept. This one, though, is gamebreaking imo.

The once downed player is not "combat ready", he has no stamina and can't hold his breath to take accurate shots. If for some reason he has seized firing, or I hear him bandaging, you can guarantee me or my Squad is busting in, or advancing. This is not game breaking. In real life every American soldier has an IFAK. Here are the essential tools for first aid. This is basically what they are doing with this new system. Your battle buddy or yourself is first to typically help you, then you get him to the medic. This game is in EA, dont bash it before you try it.

Edited by BlackDog1247

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, macgeifer said:

i cannot understand the devs really solved the problem of meatgrinders by generating a obvious new problem. you can quote me in 2 month after playtesting the changes.

 

50m is a quit big circle. two guys hiding in the bushes or in a hut can block now a HAB without a single action. just staying there the entire round or waiting for reinforcements before attack. reinforcement for defenders? nope! set it to a 5m circle around the HAB and it will be even a strong enough tactic to overrun an FOB with only small manpower. i dont like it and you will see soon why.

I played Narva yesterday. I took my big mean MAT-V parked it under quarry, and it ran out of ammo twice engaging everybody spawning on their hab inside with 20 of my guys below it, and it took 20 minutes before they just outright gave up. Nah fam, I can't wait for the new system, good riddens to the meat grinding!

Edited by BlackDog1247

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the BTR-82 survived a direct abrams AP shot? o_O in that streamamble clip xD wtf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DanielNL said:

So the BTR-82 survived a direct abrams AP shot? o_O in that streamamble clip xD wtf

Recaps tend to show off work in progress, often in a testing environment, so don't expect BTRs to get off so easily in the live release. =) Especially when mobility kills and component damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DanielNL said:

So the BTR-82 survived a direct abrams AP shot? o_O in that streamamble clip xD wtf

Over penetration is a thing. That AP went straight through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad that you guys took 240B loader's suggestion into the heart. I hope you also will add gyro stabilizers for all vehicles as well. At the moment APC cannons are a bit shaky when driving over rough terrain. In real life they get stabilized by gyros implemented into the guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/07/2018 at 7:52 PM, Caliell said:

I am glad that you guys took 240B loader's suggestion into the heart. I hope you also will add gyro stabilizers for all vehicles as well. At the moment APC cannons are a bit shaky when driving over rough terrain. In real life they get stabilized by gyros implemented into the guns.

"We've put in a lot of work into the newest vehicle type to go into the game, and that type is Main Battle Tanks. The M1A2 Abrams while shown off last Recap in still shots is now finally moving around and properly dressed up for battle. The gunnery we have modeled does not include modern fire control systems yet, so we've opted for the use of the gunner's auxiliary sights to allow for manual adjustments at range."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a former PR player, we had been exploiting the infantry ammo supply mechanics in front of supply crate as a standard practice. When we change class, an ammo pouch was generated with the infantry. By repeating the class changing procedure, one can generate unlimited amount of ammo. How is squad going to prevent such exploit with the almost identical mechanism? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, RB79BALL said:

As a former PR player, we had been exploiting the infantry ammo supply mechanics in front of supply crate as a standard practice. When we change class, an ammo pouch was generated with the infantry. By repeating the class changing procedure, one can generate unlimited amount of ammo. How is squad going to prevent such exploit with the almost identical mechanism? 

You might remember that in PR there was a time limit before you could change kits after each time you requested a new kit, you couldn't just do it over and over. Also there are no supply crates in Squad, not in the way they were in PR. Changing a kit at the ammo boxes and resupllying costs ammunition from the FOB, so you can't do that indefinitely either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 10:52 AM, Caliell said:

I hope you also will add gyro stabilizers for all vehicles as well.

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=289

 

You can check out how stabilization is coming along there. =)

On 7/6/2018 at 11:04 AM, Guan_Yu007 said:

So with fireteams think the size of a squad could be increased slightly to like 12 players?

Definitely not in this iteration (which is mostly/all UI), but if it's something that a need develops for in the future, maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gatzby said:

http://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=289

 

You can check out how stabilization is coming along there. =)

Definitely not in this iteration (which is mostly/all UI), but if it's something that a need develops for in the future, maybe.

I was a bit perplexed with fuel cans being shot on BTR. In real life shooting jerry cans with standard ammo doesn't do anything, nor do they explode into giant fireballs like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×