Deployment UI menu should have the map shown, like it is now, at all times. Regardless of whether it is role selection or squad selection. The map and friendlies position relative to the caps/FOBs give important information or hints as to what is needed. One could ask the SL what is needed, or better yet use logical real time cues from the map and make the appropriate role selection for the desired task. This should honestly be a non-negotiable. 

Posted (edited)

I'm incredibly hyped about the respawn changes. I was worried about some of the game design choices in the past, but man you guys just turned straight in the perfect direction for cohesion and teamplay. Don't think I was this hyped about anything in squad ever, can't wait to get to play with the new mechanics!

For anyone worried about the revives thing, don't be. It's great and it's going to make squad way more teamwork oriented. Lemme shamelessly cross post my explanation from the related thread:

You gotta think trough the consequences this has, if you believe this nerfs medics. It really does not. In fact, this is an incredible buff to the medic and team play over all. Not only does this make it more fun to be a medic, but it's also even more crucial to have one in your squad. Let me explain:

Two things you have to consider, is that a) anyone can revive the medic, and b) people who get revived still need a medic. Which leads to the following:

1. The medic is no longer a fragile snowflake who has to do everything to stay out of combat. With the current system, the medic dying  meant the entire squad is suddenly out of revives. With the new system, if the medic dies, you clear the area, someone gets medic up, job done. No need for rally, no need for anyone to respawn and be potentially separated for the next 15 minutes, etc. This practically equalizes the huge gap that existed between the medics and everyone else when it gets to combat participation. This generally means more people will be willing to pick up the kit, and it's going to be more fun/diverse playing as the medic. Sure, I'm not saying the medics should be the guys on the front breaching doors, but they got promoted from special-snowflake-who-screws-over-the-entire-squad-if-he-gets-sneezed-upon, to regular joe just having his responsibilities like everyone else.

2. This also means that the medic is more important than ever to have. Again, since the medic can be revived, they are indirectly orders of magnitudes more useful. If two squads get in a firefight, if one single guy survives, he can find the medic, and revive the entire squad. This practically means that you can avoid having to respawn all the time. Additionally, staying around your squad instead of running off your own just became way more desirable, as the chances of getting a revive are exponentially higher.

To recap: Medic is more fun, medic is more powerful, teamplay is incentivized.  Everybody wins, 10/10 feature. :D

Edited by Aleon

Revive System: Bandage is the revive tool now, not the Medic Bag. Any Player can use one of their bandages to revive an incapacitated friendly player. Non-Medic bandage revives take a lot longer than medic revives. Revived Players do not regenerate stamina until healed by a Medic with their Medic Bag.

Not sure if I like this

On 4.7.2018 at 3:35 AM, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

those bunker-hangers are really bringing in the PR feeling

I got the same feeling.

Awesome new map! Can we have some news on Fallujah too, please? :( 

I hope this new patch means that if the super heavy RPG hits the Bradley in a spot not close to  ammo storage that th Bradley in those cases will never instantly die from one shot. Also what about fuel tank, will that also be implemented very soon?

For the love of god dont add aim punch! Literally no body likes it. Be careful with messing with suppression I like it how it is imo. No aim punch please :(. I made this account to say that.

1 hour ago, wafflecougar said:

Literally no body likes it.

Oh really?

1 hour ago, wafflecougar said:

For the love of god dont add aim punch! Literally no body likes it. Be careful with messing with suppression I like it how it is imo. No aim punch please :(. I made this account to say that.

So far you are the only one who doesn't like it. I don't really know yet what it's like to play with it, so i'm not judging untill i do.

On 7/3/2018 at 6:30 PM, =VaSh= said:

what about optimization?

As always, optimization isn't a binary value. You don't just click a button and suddenly things are faster. It's an on-going process that's part of every aspect of development. Once all the major systems are in, we'll focus more directly on optimization, but the goal is to keep making gains wherever possible.

On 7/3/2018 at 10:50 PM, Viper3369 said:

Was wondering why the IFV/Tank weapon stabilization system hinted at in some videos recently was not highlighted here - from what I saw it was working fairly well in prototype? Perhaps you are keeping some goodies for release hype?

We just had some other cool stuff to show off; it's still a thing. =)

On 7/4/2018 at 3:01 AM, Disco said:

FIRETEAMS!!! xD I hope this means we will see them before 1.0? 

Yep, one of the coders made a surprising leap forward on it, and the UI was ready, so you should see the first iteration sooner than 1.0. (Like, next patch sooner should be the case.)

2 hours ago, wafflecougar said:

>nobody likes it

okay

On 7/4/2018 at 5:31 AM, Bahrein said:

All sounds good especially the suppresion part i always hated my guys advancing to a building me shooting at the window where the enemy guy was and he just popes out again and bang bang head shots me. 

Or you are suppressing some infantry with an LMG and one of them just shoots you and they move on. Improving suppression will change Squad more than any other change listed. I suspect for the better.

38 minutes ago, Gatzby said:

We just had some other cool stuff to show off; it's still a thing. =)

"some" hah - I knew it, you are keeping some things back :-P

Obligatory my copy/paste from Reddit:

My thoughts on this that nobody will probably read:

While I like the idea of overhauling things, I'm just not quite sure I'm a huge fan of no one being able to spawn just because an enemy is near the HAB. Hopefully there is more to it than this.

Rally point wave: I like this.

Revive: Pretty interesting. Not entirely sure how I feel about this. Hoping players won't be fully healed from a bandage and the medic still is useful and can heal the other 50% of the player's health and regenerate the player's stamina.

UI. My God one of my favorite things about this game isn't even something you can press "F" on. I love the main menu UI and how you can switch camera angles by clicking buttons, and this new UI deployment is just icing on the cake. Well done.

Fireteams. One thing I've suggested for forever ago. Glad this is soft-rolling. Thinking maybe there will be an option for SL to "promote" someone to Fireteam leader.

M1A2. O.M.G. Such a beauty. Nothing else to say.

Ammo Bag. Nice feature. Hoping this ammo bag is limited in squads to two, maybe three players so that FOB's and logi-runners still feel useful for ammo.

Tallil Outskirts. Love the screenshots and the setting. Looking forward to playing it.

Yehorivka. RIP Storage Site. I loved that place. Kind of wish that part wasn't removed. Interested to see how this new foliage will do frame-wise.

LOVE LOVE LOVE these updates. Keep them coming. I love reading these things. V12 hype can commence. 

47 minutes ago, Chew_Kok_Long said:

That poll is 20 hours old and has 556 votes when ive never seen it (and ive literally read every thread since yesterdays announcement). Has this ever been posted anywhere and can i check the views on that specific thread? Where are all the votes coming from?

Very very strange, start a poll here on the forums please. Not going to lie though, it may have a similar result but we will see. At least its going to be trustworthy. Strawpoll proxy votes are a thing.

Edit: Okay i`ve found it on reddit. Can we make a poll here that requires an account? Would be 10/10

These forums are the most dead and unused social media for Squad 

7 minutes ago, Chew_Kok_Long said:

its the official forum. The only one.

Reddit is really a bad website when it comes to feedback, just have a look at their Rainbow Six Siege sub... Its only useful for memes, fan art like anime drawings or cosplays.

Edit: Yeah and also short gameplay clips that are supposed to entertain.

Tell all your friends to get over here and participate, any kind of polls from DEVs will also only be here. Theres been DEV polls in the past already, for example what old pr maps people want to add next or which faction.

it's pointless. the devs are active on the subreddit as well anyway

On 7/4/2018 at 5:44 AM, Ep1cOblivion said:

how about an, "On the Way!" on top of the "up" sound effect?

How would they script that in? If the gunner just lets loose, the last thing I want to hear is 'on the way' 157 times. Just let the player say that theirself if your crew is keen enough on bradley drills lol.

Loving the update. Can't wait to actually have a commander's seat in AFV's. Definitely a godsend. Will we see Hunter/Killer systems when the full FCS's come out?

Gotta love that new map. #KashanMk2

AND TANKS. YEE BUDDY

Fire teams need communication channels specially between the SL and the Fire team commanders. But I don't get the Charlie part of it ! Not saying people shouldn't split in to a group of three, but I would like to warn "SL" from exporting the responsibility to two Fire team commanders. No real SL will swallow that ! When you cant get people in line so there are following orders and you than have a team, exporting the responsibility wont do it aether ! When you cant get people in line so there are following orders than get a Mentor to teach you how to do it. When you don't know a experienced SL who could do that, you can contact me. Get help and don't export your responsibility to others !

7 hours ago, ExpressDelivery said:

Fire teams need communication channels specially between the SL and the Fire team commanders. But I don't get the Charlie part of it ! Not saying people shouldn't split in to a group of three, but I would like to warn "SL" from exporting the responsibility to two Fire team commanders. No real SL will swallow that ! When you cant get people in line so there are following orders and you than have a team, exporting the responsibility wont do it aether ! When you cant get people in line so there are following orders than get a Mentor to teach you how to do it. When you don't know a experienced SL who could do that, you can contact me. Get help and don't export your responsibility to others !

Another view:

I hope we won't see more comm channels. FTL can talk to SL via squad chat. FT member can use local comms to transmit info to his leader and leaders send info via squad chat to SL. What is really needed is UI so SL can quickly and intuitively split squad (also, in case of disconnects you wont have to waste time and setup again). Nothing fancy and nothing more than that.

Different armies/branches/type have different squad structures. For example, us army had 3 fire teams and us marines had 2 (not sure how its now). Also might be useful if you run mech inf with vehicle in same squad. Lets say Bradly with 2 fire teams, each three people strong. I also hope we have increase of squad size (and selectable by SL) sometime after FT introduction. With fire teams, SL might be able to manage 12 people in squad?

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Another view:

I hope we won't see more comm channels. FTL can talk to SL via squad chat. FT member can use local comms to transmit info to his leader and leaders send info via squad chat to SL. What is really needed is UI so SL can quickly and intuitively split squad (also, in case of disconnects you wont have to waste time and setup again). Nothing fancy and nothing more than that.

Different armies/branches/type have different squad structures. For example, us army had 3 fire teams and us marines had 2 (not sure how its now). Also might be useful if you run mech inf with vehicle in same squad. Lets say Bradly with 2 fire teams, each three people strong. I also hope we have increase of squad size (and selectable by SL) sometime after FT introduction. With fire teams, SL might be able to manage 12 people in squad?

Or faction specific squad sizes a la 10 for the US with 2 fire teams, an SL, and a medic, or 8 for the brits with a section comd/2IC/6 bods

21 hours ago, FeatherSton3 said:

My thoughts on this that nobody will probably read:

Don't worry, we're reading along. =) (On reddit and here!) We really do appreciate the time you dedicate to giving us feedback.