Fireteams are really useful thing. Also it will reduce the work of squad leader. But also squad leaders should have some kind of spawn point restriction. Which squad leaders can set a fixed spawn points or make it free to spawn without any penalty. Also restriction may split to players or fireteams by rightclicking to the name of player, fireteam or squad.

Jaw is still somewhere on the floor... still trying to recollect myself but i will write few words... Amazing recap!!! 

Glad to see that there will be experimentation in the respawn system! Also, interesting change to the medic role, can't wait to see how it goes. Better to do that now then after official release.

FIRETEAMS!!! xD I hope this means we will see them before 1.0? This will be cure for lack of SL, especially during free weekend periods! It's much better to progress form leading four people to nine. This will ease SL role and also promote new ones really quickly! This was needed much earlier in development! I also hope we get commander role soon.

What sorcery is this!? Can Yeho be that pretty!? Finally! Water shader that looks convincing! Coasts in those pictures looks really cool! Those screenshots looks truly awesome!!!! And Tallil... whoaaaa... kashan+kamisiyah=win! What a layout... oh, boy, that airfield, hardcover, barracks, observation posts, villages... Beautiful! Outstanding work! What ever you did there to make this happen, just keep doing that! It's amazing!!! What's it like performance wise? Can we have that view distance? All looks too good to be true! :D 

Well, well... what we have here? Next few updates are going to be unbelievable... Seems to me like Squad is shaping up to be true successor to PR... getting better in every way!

I loooove the new map and the Yeho overhaul. The fob and rally overhaul also sounds good. Actually, everything looks and sounds really good!!

Posted (edited)

I have to say who ever influenced the changes has a lot of XP. "Romby" I dont shere any of your concerns, but on the second point I have to ask, do you want to punish attackers because you cant send 2 or 3 people after you stooped the attack to destroy that rally ? When you just want to camp than you should get attacked over on over again.

Edited by ExpressDelivery

13 minutes ago, ExpressDelivery said:

I have to say who ever influenced the changes has a lot of XP. "Romby" I dont shere any of your concerns, but on the second point I have to ask, do you want to punish attackers because you cant send 2 or 3 people after you stooped the attack to destroy that rally ? When you just want to camp than you should get attacked over on over again.

But once attackers finally captured the point they gotta face incessant attacks from previous defenders who also got rallys in the area. So they have no other choice but camping too if they don't want to lose their newly captured flag. In the end the whole game took place around this lonely flag.

KaB "But once attackers finally captured the point they gotta face incessant attacks from previous defenders who also got rallys in the area. So they have no other choice but camping too if they don't want to lose their newly captured flag. In the end the whole game took place around this lonely flag." And the other members of the attacking team will just freeze or what ? They will push to the new point and push or help defend to hold the new defense flag !

Posted (edited)

Looks amazing, some of this stuff is what i really wanted for a long while now!

I've got a question about the new desert map tho.

Is that a river going along the town? If yes then awesome, if not then pls make it one, key bridges i think would add a lot to the gameplay (like on Basrah).

Also, with this river, the villages and stuff would need a bunch of farmlands along the banks, how would they ever get food otherwise? :P

Right now the village looks like it has starved out a long time ago, i know it wouldn't do much for gameplay (or would it? farmlands can make for some good cover), but i would make the map a lot more believable.

Also for some maps in general: In war footage i often see trenches and stuff. It would be cool to have some entrenched positions around some of the villages on Yehorivka for example. This would make the map look a bit more like a warzone, and in turn more believable. Yehorivka is one of my favourite maps but i still feel like it's lacking the looks of a warzone.

Edited by Guan_Yu007

1 hour ago, ExpressDelivery said:

KaB "But once attackers finally captured the point they gotta face incessant attacks from previous defenders who also got rallys in the area. So they have no other choice but camping too if they don't want to lose their newly captured flag. In the end the whole game took place around this lonely flag." And the other members of the attacking team will just freeze or what ? They will push to the new point and push or help defend to hold the new defense flag !

What Im saying is attackers who just captured the flag wont have a minute to breath before the first counter attack is happening. Coordination and communication isn't always perfect as players aren't all veterans and don't necessarly play together regularly (and that's the point of Squad), so planning next actions if you can't have a break and isn't trusted by other SL is very stressful and decisions are rarely efficient nor approved by other squads, which leads to stalemate.

All sounds good especially the suppresion part i always hated my guys advancing to a building me shooting at the window where the enemy guy was and he just popes out again and bang bang head shots me.

But i must say i am disapointed at the loader in Abrams he exists he dose not reload the cannon but he has a nice MG to shoot from (which he dose not have in real life)  

Loving the new UI and interface for squads and roles menu's ingame. Tanks and gunnery and gonna be a new twist, heavy armour always adds a nice flavour. Plus infantry deployed ammo bags are gonna be fantastic, built will you be able to restock bandages at them?

10 minutes ago, Bahrein said:

All sounds good especially the suppresion part i always hated my guys advancing to a building me shooting at the window where the enemy guy was and he just popes out again and bang bang head shots me.

But i must say i am disapointed at the loader in Abrams he exists he dose not reload the cannon but he has a nice MG to shoot from (which he dose not have in real life)  

this is what i picked up from Wikipedia so take it with a grain of salt but from what ive seen of the M1 Abrams this is true

1. A 7.62 mm M240 machine gun in front of the loader's hatch on a skate mount (seen at right). Some of these were fitted with gun shields during the Iraq War, as well as night-vision scopes for low-visibility engagements and firing.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Fallion said:

Loving the new UI and interface for squads and roles menu's ingame. Tanks and gunnery and gonna be a new twist, heavy armour always adds a nice flavour. Plus infantry deployed ammo bags are gonna be fantastic, built will you be able to restock bandages at them?

this is what i picked up from Wikipedia so take it with a grain of salt but from what ive seen of the M1 Abrams this is true

1. A 7.62 mm M240 machine gun in front of the loader's hatch on a skate mount (seen at right). Some of these were fitted with gun shields during the Iraq War, as well as night-vision scopes for low-visibility engagements and firing.

Sorry buddy but i did not read anywhere that that mg is beeing used by a loader.It just says that its mounted in front of the loaders hatch.

But i did read just now on some other forums that the loader has an mg and he can fire it but it just rearly happens in combat since he actually has better things to do as reloading the main gun.

Edited by Bahrein

A good suggestion for tanks would be to not be able to reload at all if nobody is in the loader seat. Even if it happens automatically.

That recap is one of top top. Well its best recap i have ever seen. 

Nice work devs. This year is truly exciting.  

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

A good suggestion for tanks would be to not be able to reload at all if nobody is in the loader seat. Even if it happens automatically.

That sounds like a really bad idea. They're already going to be at a disadvantage for not having a Commander because of limited visibility, making them useless if they don't have 4 players in them is too much. If anything, a reload speed penalty of say 25% less (so with the loader it's full reload speed) would be enough not  to make them near worthless without 3 players minimum, while still giving a reason for that position.

Edited by MintyWolf

22 minutes ago, MintyWolf said:

That sounds like a really bad idea. They're already going to be at a disadvantage for not having a Commander because of limited visibility, making them useless if they don't have 4 players in them is too much. If anything, a reload speed penalty of say 25% less (so with the loader it's full reload speed) would be enough not  to make them near worthless without 3 players minimum, while still giving a reason for that position.

imho neither is reload speed penalty for "no loader" crew a good idea. would be hard to balance with the soviet tanks, which traditionally have autoloader, or you will have to introduce malfunctions as well which seems to be an overkill to me. i'm ok with the 4th seat with MG, don't care if it's called "loader seat" or whatever.

Some long awaited changes are coming, good job. Can't wait to test them. 

The way you could balance out the M1A1 not being able to reload without a loader is by simply making it very powerful and difficult to take out. It is one of the world's best tanks after all.

Is the medic class being gutted? Seems like yes:

"Revive System: Bandage is the revive tool now, not the Medic Bag. Any Player can use one of their bandages to revive an incapacitated friendly player. Non-Medic bandage revives take a lot longer than medic revives. Revived Players do not regenerate stamina until healed by a Medic with their Medic Bag."

I am very disappointed in this change.

Posted (edited)

Damn, this recap was almost too good to be true.

The Vehicle Damage System seem to be progressing nicely. This system is adding so much complexity (in a good way) to the game, I'm looking forward to see how it will turn out once it's complete.

Finally, suppression! This will be one of the big changes to the game as it will put an emphasis on teamwork in the games gunplay. But is that a weapon flinch towards the end of the video? The video seem a bit bugged at the end there, but I hope it is a flinch effect.

It's nice to see something is being done about the meatgrinder. I'm wondering if you guys will implement the changes bit by bit to ease players into the new Spawning System?

As someone who plays medic most of the time, I welcome the change to the Revive System as it will put some pressure off the medics and let them join the firefights instead of constantly hiding and I think it will also make the medic role more attractive.

The new interface looks really nice, keep up the good work.

The Fireteam leaders was a pleasant surprise and judging from the picture of the new interface, three color coded fireteams, nice. I think the Fireteam function will have a massively positive impact on public matches. Depending on how great of an impact the Fireteam function will have on Squads teamwork, could there be a possibility of extending the amount of players in one squad from 9 to 12?

I really like the visual details on the tanks. Can we expect future visual updates on vehicles already in the game?

Putting down a pile of ammunition will add an interesting dynamic to the infantry, especially if it can resupply anti-tank weaponry. The video showing off this function has rather low quality, but did I see the option to pick up the ammo bag in the radial menu?

More HAT weaponry is always nice to see.

New map looks like something we will get when we get tanks, right? The updates and visuals to Yehorivka is looking great. It's impressive that you guys can both expand the size of the map and add more details to it.

I have faith that you guys will deliver a fantastic final product, keep up the good work.

Edited by Gaius Marius

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wingman9 said:

Is the medic class being gutted? Seems like yes:

"Revive System: Bandage is the revive tool now, not the Medic Bag. Any Player can use one of their bandages to revive an incapacitated friendly player. Non-Medic bandage revives take a lot longer than medic revives. Revived Players do not regenerate stamina until healed by a Medic with their Medic Bag."

I am very disappointed in this change.

have you been enjoying playing as medic before, running around from one dead to another, patching them up with no end because they die like flies? I've been several times so I'm happy with that change. Thats the reason why so many refuse to play as medic because its all about running, bandaging and healing, and yes its boring af. 

The only thing i´d edit is that you need 2 players from your team to revive one guy, not a single one. only medics can do this alone. that would be much better so you dont get revive spams.

Hope release is soon...

edit: and daaaaamn i love that reload ready call from the loader guy "whop!!" <3

Edited by cheese

Now that's what you call a recap. Awesome guys, so many good changes coming! 

Are you guys seriously now putting ads to your video previews? Is it that bad with sales? :(

Nice recap, i though RPG 29 was supposed to be for RUAF, it seems sophisticated weapon. Any alternative for them in plans?