koeniQ

Losing internet connection

Hi, I am always losing my internet connection (not just the connection to the server) when playing. There are no problems with other games or activities. Just with playing Squad. Do you know whats the problem?

Thanks for your help!

Squad has a lot of... "Interesting" networking problems. Does it happen predictably or is it totally random?

I would check my router's logs to see if there is some kind of issue with pppoe connections being dropped or something 

It feels like it's totally random - this makes it difficult to analyze. I'll try to check my logs but it's weird that it only happens to Squad. Never had problems like this before. If you have any other ideas, please let me know. I appreciate every kind of help.

Thanks!

19 hours ago, koeniQ said:

Never had problems like this before.

Squad uses quite unique VOIP and server connections it seems (given that so many people have networking issues with the game.. like going invisible etc) so it's possible the router is getting flooded or something and dies or loses the connection due to that. It could also be that you are actually having regular internet dropouts (ADSL connection by any chance?) but the other games have a higher tolerance threshold for dropped packets/non responsive clients and you simply don't notice it.