Sign in to follow this  
Smee

30mm Gunsight explain pls

Would someone like to explain the 30mm gun recticle. Why would you have ranges going up to estimate the range but when you move it to where the target would be your gun decreases its angle. What is the point??   Doesn't' modern weapons supposed to stop a lot of this hit and miss artillery mentality.  Please tell me Russian forces are arnt guessing what angle you should be using. 

Need screenshot from the game about the sight you are talking about or even better short video. I am unsure what you mean but for one I know there is no gyrostabilizers or targeting computers which I find strange. 

Edited by Caliell

The answer is no, most all modern fighting vehicles have some form of fire control system that calculates that kind of thing, these systems obviously are not in squad right now, and unfortunately, I’m not sure that’s something owi even wants to put in

So the sight is below, if you move the gun up the upside down v and all the  ranging moves up so the range marks on the left for the 30mm are useless. really the v and lines should move and the scale stay still so you get an idea of where its at.  I was watching a video about gunning the 30mm and they said there is 2 seperate views for ground and AA. is that the issue at present. 

SCOPE.thumb.jpg.d2aad2ebb141ba5591db4ebbce48082d.jpg