diezl

Too "realistic"/Slow?

Hey all, I am an active duty 11B(infantryman) in the United States Army, 4 years of service and 1 combat tour to Afghanistan. With that said, I am a big fan, have been for over a year now and will continue to enjoy this game in the future and can't wait to see how much more epic this game gets. I wanted to preface this post to avoid sounded ignorant or misinformed, but also show I have real world experience. Any insight I'm missing I'd gladly accept if I'm off the mark here.

I understand the game has to work a fine line to keep a deep level of realism while avoiding "run-n-gun" tactics. I find myself at times frustrated when it comes to reload, weapon/item switch etc speeds. I can't speak for all, but every Infantryman I have worked with uses a sling, so if I'm pulling out my pistol or grenade, it's a quick and seemly transition. Same speed goes for changing mags, pulling grenades, etc. I am not suggesting adding a full speed rework, but if you're in combat, or bleeding, maybe allow those speeds to increase. At times it feels as if the game does so much right, feels so good, but when stuff gets heavy and you're being squeezed, everything just breaks down and there's nothing you can do about it. In real life and training situations, adrenaline is flowing so between that and muscle memory you can haul butt through anything. It's beyond frustrating when you are trying to defend yourself or push an objective but while you are trying to put your medbag away or pull your pistol it feels as if there's a never ending delay which half the time ends in your death, strictly due to delay/speeds. I find myself watching my screen, pupils dilating in frustration watching my reload animation as I have hails of bullets flying towards me just wondering "is my character retarded? hurry up!"

Again, I love the game and think you guys have made a masterpiece, and if there's a "method to the madness" on this/these issues I'm always happy to learn. Just seems kind of silly at times and unnecessarily slow. Brand new privates move about that speed, fumbling through their kits, reaching for mag pouches, etc heh

Hello and welcome to Squad @diezl,

I'd like to refer you to this thread

the search function shows, that this topic came up several times. Developer's responses are included.

Spoiler

also:

I just read his post, that time claims to be realistic but it doesn't feel that way. I posted int he treat but it appears it's been quite a while since someone has.

I posted:

Can you do a breakdown of the time it takes to:

1. Pull a smoke and deploy it

2. Switch from Medic Bag to Rifle

3. Medic Bag to Pistol

It seems too long, ESPECIALLY if you accidentally hit the wrong number and try to remedy the situation.

this might be dumb but if you were under fire could you throw your equipment to up switch speed?

I'd be happy with just dumping the mag and slapping the new one in if you're black, quick-n-easy

44 minutes ago, Thegreenzzz said:

????

Black on ammo = no ammo 

I feel like this too tbh. What really gets me is the ADS time. Takes ages to get that weapon up sometimes. Its not always though, does ADS slow down if youre out of stamina or running?

I am still under 100hrs, so those subtle nuances I haven't pin pointed yet.

I would agree that a slight buff between some of the weapon switching and reload times should be reduced incrementally. Start with a small buff at first and see how it goes, i believe only small tweaks are needed here as it feels pretty good but does feel a bit slow. 

9 hours ago, Chew_Kok_Long said:

Also, i think the heavy AR reload times are a tad too fast (PKP for example). Wouldnt mind if that took longer at all.

Perhaps if the PKP etc had a tad longer reload from an unsupported position but kept the current reload speed for while mounted?

I support this idea. I hate when I'm in CQB and my guy feels like this recruit, you know? haha. Maybe the reload speeds could be upped by 15% to 25% by default? or maybe only in combat or while under fire or close to enemies?