Sign in to follow this  
kodabang

New gamemodes

Hello there, my name is Kodabang.  I’ve played Squad since Alpha 8 and have loved the game as well as the updates from the devs.  One thing I’ve noticed is that there is a great potential when it comes to game mode design. Below I have written some information regarding what I would like to see as some fun new game modes in Squad.  Please keep in mind that these are just my thoughts and they may not be feasible or even possible with the game itself.

Name: Reverse CTF
Teams: 2
Vehicles: Transport/Logistics Only
Objective: Teams are given 2 minutes to prepare at their predefined FOB.  A very large amount of build/ammo points will be stocked at this location, allowing for teams to customize their defenses prior to being able to exit the spawning area.  Once a flag spawns, it will be highly visible on the player who is holding it while also having its current location shown to all via map (in a random 25 meter radius)  Flags must be taken to your opponent's base to be score, which is viewed as capping the objective towards the top of the screen. Capping resets the flag and personnel (Defenses are left as is when round ended) and the second round begins.  The first team to win two rounds wins. 

Name: Russian Roulette
Teams: 4
Vehicles: All, one spawn
Objective: There are 3 Neutral objectives in which teams can attempt to cap.  Both tickets and resources are limited, Vehicles will only have one life, and will not spawn after being destroyed.  Enemies would appear as individual teams so you would know who you are shooting.  Successfully capping/defending an objective will earn you bonus tickets.  Gameplay would be more focused on attacking/defending sole objectives instead of running around trying to frag.  Kills vs holding caps would be stagnant.  Holding a cap will earn you ~30 tickets per minute.  Once your team runs out of tickets you will no longer be able to spawn in.  Players still alive will be able to play out their life. 

Name: TDM
Teams: 2-4
Vehicles: None
Objective: Small map, FF disabled, enjoy some fragging with your friends in the 32/64 player TDM game mode.  Bleeding is slower, but cannot be bandaged. Encouraging you to push and fight instead of camp.  Ticket bleed as standard, 50-100 each.

Name: Rush
Vehicles: All
Objective: Per Battlefield; Rush involves attacking/defending multiple sets of objectives.  These objectives must be destroyed by a planted explosive.  All players attacking spawn with an explosive device to be planted.  Defenders can also defuse the bomb to stop the attack.  Tickets for this game mode would be fairly large, and you would get more tickets for successfully taking objectives.  Defenders have no ticket limit, and must hold the current set of objectives until the attackers tickets run out.  Once all objective are taken, attackers win.

Name: Arcade Mode
Vehicles: Standard
Objective:  Arcade mode would be applied to any existing game mode (AAS, Invasion, Insurgency).  In this game mode, bullet damage is decreased by 75%, squad leaders can place objects that will already be built, riflemen will have a larger selection of building options (will still need to be shoveled).  Points for building will be earned (and carried over though death) by capping, killing, and any other form of teamwork found in the game. This will give squad a stronger independent feel, while still requiring teamwork with your squad to win.   

I would love to see any one of these implemented, do you guys have any other good game modes you'd like to see? Let me know!

Thanks,

KodaBang

On 30/06/2018 at 9:58 PM, kodabang said:

Hello there, my name is Kodabang.  I’ve played Squad since Alpha 8 and have loved the game as well as the updates from the devs.  One thing I’ve noticed is that there is a great potential when it comes to game mode design. Below I have written some information regarding what I would like to see as some fun new game modes in Squad.  Please keep in mind that these are just my thoughts and they may not be feasible or even possible with the game itself.

Name: Reverse CTF
Vehicles: Transport/Logistics Only
Objective: Teams are given 2 minutes to prepare at their predefined FOB.  A very large amount of build/ammo points will be stocked at this location, allowing for teams to customize their defenses prior to being able to exit the spawning area.  Once a flag spawns, it will be highly visible on the player who is holding it while also having its current location shown to all via map (in a random 25 meter radius)  Flags must be taken to your opponent's base to be score, which is viewed as capping the objective towards the top of the screen. Capping resets the flag and personnel (Defenses are left as is when round ended) and the second round begins.  The first team to win two rounds wins. 

Name: Russian Roulette
Teams: 4
Vehicles: All, one spawn
Objective: There are 3 Neutral objectives in which teams can attempt to cap.  Both tickets and resources are limited, Vehicles will only have one life, and will not spawn after being destroyed.  Enemies would appear as individual teams so you would know who you are shooting.  Successfully capping/defending an objective will earn you bonus tickets.  Gameplay would be more focused on attacking/defending sole objectives instead of running around trying to frag.  Kills vs holding caps would be stagnant.  Holding a cap will earn you ~30 tickets per minute.  Once your team runs out of tickets you will no longer be able to spawn in.  Players still alive will be able to play out their life. 

Name: TDM
Teams: 2-4
Vehicles: None
Objective: Small map, FF disabled, enjoy some fragging with your friends in the 32/64 player TDM game mode.  Bleeding is slower, but cannot be bandaged. Encouraging you to push and fight instead of camp.  Ticket bleed as standard, 50-100 each.

Name: Rush
Vehicles: All
Objective: Per Battlefield; Rush involves attacking/defending multiple sets of objectives.  These objectives must be destroyed by a planted explosive.  All players attacking spawn with an explosive device to be planted.  Defenders can also defuse the bomb to stop the attack.  Tickets for this game mode would be fairly large, and you would get more tickets for successfully taking objectives.  Defenders have no ticket limit, and must hold the current set of objectives until the attackers tickets run out.  Once all objective are taken, attackers win.

Name: Arcade Mode
Vehicles: Standard
Objective:  Arcade mode would be applied to any existing game mode (AAS, Invasion, Insurgency).  In this game mode, bullet damage is decreased by 75%, squad leaders can place objects that will already be built, riflemen will have a larger selection of building options (will still need to be shoveled).  Points for building will be earned (and carried over though death) by capping, killing, and any other form of teamwork found in the game. This will give squad a stronger independent feel, while still requiring teamwork with your squad to win.   

I would love to see any one of these implemented, do you guys have any other good game modes you'd like to see? Let me know!

Thanks,

KodaBang

My opinion is very mixed on these ones , while some of your ideas are really nice , more game modes will split the community ( which isn't that big anyways ) i already have hards times to find servers that are close to my region that have people speaking english sometimes .

I think the focus should be more on polishing the existing game modes ( things like randomized capture points were teased last recap ) , making these game modes more appealing , maybe for people that like to get to action faster ( becuase i understand , in some rounds i don't even get to fire my rifle ) , we could add smaller uraban-infatry based maps ( like sumari ) , but still keep the tactical team-work , "being afraid for your soilder's" life type of game modes .

Yeahhh i think some of that stuff should be more for community nights and stuff. Squad ops do 1 life events. I do think they need to spruce up they're current game modes though. And maybe put some of the AMAZING player made map mods into the base game

On 7/2/2018 at 7:41 PM, L0cation said:

My opinion is very mixed on these ones , while some of your ideas are really nice , more game modes will split the community ( which isn't that big anyways ) 

I've always felt like more choices would instead grow, not split the community. Less and less concurrent owners come back with every subsequent patch now.

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I've always felt like more choices would instead grow, not split the community. Less and less concurrent owners come back with every subsequent patch now.

I agree.  More options could get folks interested in playing again.  I don't play much anymore myself, as I find the play to be rather repetitive after awhile.

A mode that's more dynamic and not linear/static would interest me.  I've been hoping we'll eventually see the Territory Control mode implemented, as that's been fun in Hell Let Loose. It makes use of the whole map not just individual points, and the flow isn't forced.

A TDM mode could potentially be interesting, an entertaining run-n-gun romp, especially if we could create custom maps for it.

These kinds of things are great candidates for someone to jump on the SDK and create proof of concept mods. 

5 hours ago, Psyrus said:

These kinds of things are great candidates for someone to jump on the SDK and create proof of concept mods. 

They already exist but unless they're legitimized as official maps and are in the main server browser they won't get played for the most part. If I recall correctly someone named wasti has already made TDM maps including a very accurate de_dust2.