The gunplay is really good, very little 3D spotting as well, the new mark instead of spot mechanic is great, 2D spotting is just a last-seen dot and doesn't move. But still a lot of rock paper scissors, map design too limited etc. Overall a really big improvement, not sure if it'll be actually enjoyable though, played only for 1h.

The gun play is actually very good. The new spotting mechanic should have been there since BF2. The character customization isnt as bad as i initially thought it would be. Air warfare is pretty balanced. There is only one map right now in Alpha but i think its great. The new revive and resupply is a very nice change of pace. The game has slowed down and the pace right now is perfect. To all of you homers posting here, get bent. Squad is BFs grandbaby, respect your elders.

I gave it a look last night. A lot of great changes for sure. But as I was playing, I realized what it is about the franchise that I find off-putting, and which might, at least in part, be what makes it non-viable for the Squad/PR crowd - there's just too much detail. 

It looks great, that's for sure, but I found myself thinking about the scenery too often. It's almost as if a line had been crossed, where the eye candy was actually immersion-breaking. There's no more room for anything. Where to place deployables? Wherever you look, there's already something there. And of course, the alpha map feels really claustrophobic. Maybe there will be larger, more open maps in beta/release, but I'm not betting on it.

It might turn out to be a pretty good shooter, but competition for Squad/PS/PR? Naw.

I could take itas a change of pace and enjoy it in small doses, but if there are no Servers to rent from GSR and no admin tools worth their salt . A no buy for me. It has destroyed communities and made randos a rule in itself. Meh!!!

2 hours ago, Shaldag said:

I could take itas a change of pace and enjoy it in small doses, but if there are no Servers to rent from GSR and no admin tools worth their salt . A no buy for me. It has destroyed communities and made randos a rule in itself. Meh!!!

You know what you are 100% right, right there.

im happy to see so many people whod normally seem like theyd be painfully skeptical and cynical about this see past the pointless shit (FEMALES, REEE) and appreciate this for the fresh changes. i havent played yet unfortunately but i have seen an awfully lot of refreshingly impressed players give positive feedback. cant wait to play.

On 30/06/2018 at 12:24 PM, IRONXBAY said:

im happy to see so many people whod normally seem like theyd be painfully skeptical and cynical about this see past the pointless shit (FEMALES, REEE) and appreciate this for the fresh changes. i havent played yet unfortunately but i have seen an awfully lot of refreshingly impressed players give positive feedback. cant wait to play.

Where have you been,miss my 303rd gang bangs.? ;)

Battlefield V....I'd prefer to watch paint dry.

Just the same Old bollocks, different day....

12 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Battlefield V....I'd prefer to watch paint dry.

Just the same Old bollocks, different day....

Yeah, im pretty sure you havent played it yet.

Posted (edited)

When we had solid PTFO communities the game was excellent in spite of its faults. Maybe DICE redirecting BF V to a new game mechanics will improve the flow. But with O RSPs in view. Its a wait and see. By the way a year or so ago they hired the lead guy from PROCON, so maybe, just maybe...

Edited by Shaldag
spell

8 hours ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Correct young man.  Never have & never will!.

Thats a shame. Ive played since bf1942 and fell out of love with the game after bf3. Happened to have the invite so i said why not. If feels like a total different direction with the franchise. They removed quite a few things that made the game become too cheesy and added some things that brought tactics back. Try the open beta and if you dont like it come back and flame away.

On 7/2/2018 at 3:35 AM, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

i miss them too. but shit changes man, im off in foreign lands doin my thing and theyre all doin whatever theirs is. its all good.

i hear BFV is a pretty fresh change of pace. if i were you id give it a fair shake. some of us dont have access to their gaming rigs at all for a while ;(