ExoticAlpha

Problems with huge fps drop need help

I need some help I play on SquadOps and when I join my game just lags like no other I can be at 40fps then mediately drop down to 10fps and back up and it does this back and forth. Then I also get like freeze spikes were my game will freeze for a while then it goes back to normal. What I am running for gear is a i5 6500, Gtx 1050ti, 8 gigs of ram. So what parts should I upgrade or what do I need to do to get this to stop.

I think its known bug. Introduced in V11 for me. i5 4690k, 1070gtx, 16gb, ssd. Pre v11 never had something like that.

could it possible be ram because when I am playing it says I am using almost all my ram or maybe my graphics card 

Posted (edited)

i don't think it's related to onboard ram... Squad uses around 7-8 gb of ram. I increased from 8 to 16 gb but it still didn't use more than before upgrade.

btw welcome to game and forums :) cy around

Edited by Disco

Turn off Pre-Load Textures if you using it

i already have that off, and while p;aying it shows I am using 7.9 gb of ram out of 8 so should I upgrade or am I reading it wrong 

Posted (edited)

Before upgrading your ram you could try ending as many background processes as possible in windows to try and allow  more ram to go to squad.

A big sudden drop like that at random intervals is often indicative that the system has had to resort to accessing a paging file, especially bad if that paging file is on a hdd not a ssd 

Edited by Psyrus