Sign in to follow this  
Minipops

BTR, Striker, Warrior ambush

Its sucks to sneak into the area of a BTR, Striker or Warrior and be helpless to do anything because you are a rifleman, medic, crewman or whatever. Any non LAT or HAT equipped soldier. When you could crawl onto the vehicle, open the hatch, and toss a grenade into the hull. Boom!

I think that's more of a Hollywood thing than a real-life occurence. You'd have  to be really desperate to try something like that irl and you'd most likely fail - there are about 5 things that could go horribly wrong just off the top of my head. Since players aren't worried about losing their virtual lives, they'd try to do it all the time just for the lols. Not a great gameplay mechanic in my book.

Maybe if the crew forgot to lock the doors. Even my car automatically locks the doors once begin driving though.

banana in the exhaust?

maybe let the tyres down :P

we used to be able to crawl under the wheels and flip them...some nasty person disabled that :D

Once disabling of the various functions through damage becomes possible it would be nice to have a way to gradually break in. Similar to shovelling a HAB, given enough time a capable person could get into any vehicle.

10 hours ago, Minipops said:

Its sucks to sneak into the area of a BTR, Striker or Warrior and be helpless to do anything because you are a rifleman, medic, crewman or whatever. Any non LAT or HAT equipped soldier. When you could crawl onto the vehicle, open the hatch, and toss a grenade into the hull. Boom!

Pfft, you can now kill armor with knives, and shovel melee is coming. No need for LATs anymore. 

its more of an idea taken from WW2 era than modern warfare. But just saying i run across armour all the time and i cant do anything..

1 hour ago, Minipops said:

its more of an idea taken from WW2 era than modern warfare. But just saying i run across armour all the time and i cant do anything..

If that bothers you, perhaps try picking up the AT role more often. Also, inexplicably, about 85-90% of people I've met in Squad so far can't grasp the simple notion of avoiding vehicles if they don't have the means to destroy them or scare them away. Just put some walls between you and the vehicle, hide in some shrubbery and you'll be fine. Instead of peeking at vehicles and presenting targets for them to shoot, play dead and let the crew get bored and leave. If the vehicle has stuff it can shoot, it will probably stay in the area and shoot. If it doesn't, it might decide to leave instead.

Think of Squad as a rock-paper-scissors kind of a game instead of a run of the mill FPS. Not everyone is supposed to be able to deal with vehicles.

I think V12 will have things like fuel tanks that can be damaged by small arms etc.

On 26/06/2018 at 9:06 AM, Minipops said:

new vehicles not invented locks ?

Sorry but this is simply where you have to rely on teammates to take down the vehicle. This is kind of the point of Squad's classes.

5 hours ago, embecmom said:

new vehicles not invented locks ?

I guess they never park armor in a bad neighborhood. 

6 hours ago, LugNut said:

I guess they never park armor in a bad neighborhood. 

Lol I don't lock my car in bad neighborhoods. I still have broken glass in the back from the last time I did that.