Minipops

FOB De-Construction suggestion.

Ok so this free weekend provided us regulars with ample twirps, dipshits, and dumbass people to contend with. I suggest that it may be a wise idea to stop the intentional dig up of habs and fobs by having the act of digging an already completed fob or hab only possible with a SL's approval. 

Request Approval to Deconstruct Hab/Fob.

(Request Approved) / (Request Denied)

That would eliminate a would be saboteur. Of course i'm referring to friendly diggers. The enemy can still dig the other's fob/hab as usual.

Thoughts?

Edited by Minipops

Do not underestimate idiots. Once I had a problem with one "friendly" trolling squadleader and his friend in the squad. They tried to destroy the FOB that we successfully defended. First, near the FOB he threw smoke. And then his friend tried undig FOB.

When I accused him on the sl channel, he said he was just fixing the FOB and I'm lying. Then I commanded my squad to kill him and his teammate on sight. Then he found new fun - he was destroying our apcs with friendly fire. Where are all the admins when you need them?

I like it

But what happens if the person creates a squad and switches to rifleman with a shovel near the FOB he wants to dig down intentionally to hurt the team? 

56 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

I like it

But what happens if the person creates a squad and switches to rifleman with a shovel near the FOB he wants to dig down intentionally to hurt the team? 

Tbh SLs shouldn't be allowed to take any other kit except SL. Realistically, is there ever a reason they should have something else?

26 minutes ago, Valdr said:

Tbh SLs shouldn't be allowed to take any other kit except SL. Realistically, is there ever a reason they should have something else?

Absolutely, it's useful switching to a support role available to take out a target that is threatening the FOB you're on. Or switching to rifleman to help dig the things you put down while the others are fighting...

I would say in 25% of my matches this weekend, players were trolling FOBs by digging them up, completely screwing the team. It seems it didn't take long for them to figure out that switching sides and digging the radio was way easier than assaulting it. 

I don't see it much in regular play though. 

3 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Absolutely, it's useful switching to a support role available to take out a target that is threatening the FOB you're on. Or switching to rifleman to help dig the things you put down while the others are fighting...

That's what you have a squad for.

2 hours ago, Valdr said:

That's what you have a squad for.

5 hours ago, CptDirty said:

while the others are fighting...

Switching kits as the SL is something I do maybe 2% of the times, but when I do it's because the rest of my squad are fighting/holding a position. Multitasking :) 

Perhaps it would be like this? The squad leader who built the FOB/HUB would be the only one that could give permission undigging of the HUB. For all players including other SLs. But it might happen that some troll SLs will deliberately block the placement of another radio.

19 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

Never had this problem in over 1000 hours of play.

You are lucky. Free weekend was a nightmare....

what is stopping another SL approving the dig?  Its not a bad idea though,  You need to get approval to get into a vehicle so why not when digging up a fob which is pretty important piece of kit

this idea wont stop trolls.

there are threads recently about different dig/undig animations. this would help noobs and make trolls more identiftable.

name and shame.