Z-trooper

Kalashnikovs are comin'

Of course! plus, if the SF guys do it I'm sure I can too, 

image.jpeg

That's a JTF-2 member in front of the PM of Canada...

(NOTE THE DROP IN RAIL!)

Former PM of Canada* 

Lol, you should look at the new russian holosight, EOTech inspired.

LsBtyTn.jpg

Not quite sure I'd call the Krechet a holographic sight. I believe the proper designation would be collimator sight. They're cool as hell, but isn't the Russian military actually using the 1P63 Obzor? That's what they all had in Crimea anyway.

Well that most definitely proves my point!! It almost seems like they take a good product and make an ugly version... Still a certain beauty about their stuff I guess!

Too bad they forgot the good product part of it (though EOTech has as well considering they're currently being sued by the Federal Government). The Krechet's battery life is something like 50 hours.

So... Neither?

I mean let's face it, the Eotech is more durable, more accurate, more reliable, and prettier. Why not just carbon copy it like the Chinese with their CQ lineup that their SF uses? I personally have one, and while there is obviously still something to be desired in terms of accuracy, it works well enough. (Ignoring the non mil-spec rail)

Elew0uI.jpg?1

(the reason for the sight being so far forward is because the rail is non mil-spec and the Eotech[authentic] sits crooked on the receiver rail)

Not quite sure what you're trying to say here, but the EOTech isn't exactly known for its durability, reliability, and more recently they've started failing with accuracy as well (once again I'm going to cite the federal lawsuit against L3 Communications' EOTech branch.) Also, if your EOTech sits crooked on your receiver rail you might want to check the mount for problems or buy a new upper receiver because that's one of the few parts you definitely cannot cheap out on when it comes to a rifle. 

Hey guys! You want to add AK-12 in the SQUAD?

The AK-12 is cool but I think its role in Squad is debatable. It's far from officially adopted by the Russian military (I've been told by a few Russians that they're still pushing for the adoption of the A545 over the AK-12) and it's even further from actually being used by the Russian military. I could definitely see it playing a role in the future if it actually does end up getting adopted but for now I think the AK-74M is cool. 

No the AK12 Is "NOT" going to be added.

Taken from: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/09/06/new-photos-of-ak-74-upgrade-package-for-russian-army-courtesy-larry-vickers/

"'The modernization package offers the Russian Army the option to retrofit existing rifles to a newer standard, most likely with a significant cost-savings versus buying new AK-12s which are expected to cost the equivalent of about $1,000 per. I suspect the Russian Army will pursue both strategies, retrofitting AK-74s to the new standard and adopting the AK-12 or A545 in more limited numbers, slowly replacing existing and worn-out rifles with the new type."

Considering the crazy amount of surplus AK 74, I doubt Russian military will make any large scale transition to AK 12 in any time soon.

Founder skin for AMD-65, please. This one was taken from brasilian drug traffickers.

HNecFX5.jpg

Not sure if rifle is fine....

Not quite sure I'd call the Krechet a holographic sight. I believe the proper designation would be collimator sight. They're cool as hell, but isn't the Russian military actually using the 1P63 Obzor? That's what they all had in Crimea anyway.

Too bad they forgot the good product part of it (though EOTech has as well considering they're currently being sued by the Federal Government). The Krechet's battery life is something like 50 hours.

It is Valdai PG-210, true holo based on collimator Valdai PK-120/130 with declared battery life is more 2k hours. Not adopted yet, of course.

It is Valdai PG-210, true holo based on collimator Valdai PK-120/130 with declared battery life is more 2k hours. Not adopted yet, of course.

Interesting, do you have a source for that? I've seen it called the Krechet on a few Russian websites for sale with an advertised battery life of only 50 hours on AA batteries, but I'd be delighted to be proved wrong as that sounds unacceptable for even the crappiest optic made in the last 2 or 3 years.

Edit: Here's a source for what I'm saying about the Krechet: http://tut.ru/Collimator-Sights/37096/

Not quite sure what you're trying to say here, but the EOTech isn't exactly known for its durability, reliability, and more recently they've started failing with accuracy as well (once again I'm going to cite the federal lawsuit against L3 Communications' EOTech branch.) Also, if your EOTech sits crooked on your receiver rail you might want to check the mount for problems or buy a new upper receiver because that's one of the few parts you definitely cannot cheap out on when it comes to a rifle. 

mine is an old school 552, so doesn't affect me, it is just an EOTech, not an L-3 EOTech. So mine is rock solid. Just need a pair of NVGs so I can justify having it.

mine is an old school 552, so doesn't affect me, it is just an EOTech, not an L-3 EOTech. So mine is rock solid. Just need a pair of NVGs so I can justify having it.

EOTech was bought out 2005, so are you sure about that? Either way, even pre-L3 EOTechs have their issues. As long as you get them cheap they're pretty decent optics, but they're way overpriced for what they are in my opinion. Also you really don't need NODs for a reason to own an optic, NODs are just cool to have. 

Interesting, do you have a source for that? I've seen it called the Krechet on a few Russian websites for sale with an advertised battery life of only 50 hours on AA batteries, but I'd be delighted to be proved wrong as that sounds unacceptable for even the crappiest optic made in the last 2 or 3 years.

Edit: Here's a source for what I'm saying about the Krechet: http://tut.ru/Collimator-Sights/37096/

http://valdai.su/valday-pg210