Z-trooper

Kalashnikovs are comin'

Great stuff, I love to see some variety in the AK's.

I don't want to be that guy (and could be entirely wrong) but shouldn't the PM MD. 65 actually be labelled the 63? The 65 in contrast being the underfolder, with the rearward curing vertical grip?

Either way, looking good.

Cheers, Murkey.  

Will PKM/PKP be added aswell at some stage? :)

Hopefully the PKP for the Russian Army.. as they haven't really used the RPK or PKM since soviet era, but the RPK and PKM are perfect for the Insurgents etc :)

Kinda makes me wonder at the same time, will the Russians get the RPG-28, RPG-30 or RPG-32, since they don't use the RPG-7 anymore?

Hopefully the PKP for the Russian Army.. as they haven't really used the RPK or PKM since soviet era, but the RPK and PKM are perfect for the Insurgents etc :)

Kinda makes me wonder at the same time, will the Russians get the RPG-28, RPG-30 or RPG-32, since they don't use the RPG-7 anymore?

Russians use RPG-7 and will use forever :) Seriously, it is main AT-weapon for today and nobody is going to replace it. Disposable GLs are represented by RPG-22 and 26. There are couple of inits who actually saw RPG-28 and RPG-30 and... That's all. RPG-32 is for export only.

Russians use RPG-7 and will use forever :) Seriously, it is main AT-weapon for today and nobody is going to replace it. Disposable GLs are represented by RPG-22 and 26. There are couple of inits who actually saw RPG-28 and RPG-30 and... That's all. RPG-32 is for export only.

Well, the Russian Ground forces "government issue RPG" currently is the RPG-30, as it's disposable like the M72 etc.. but they still use the RPG-7v2 somewhat, and those paratroopers still use the v3.. but considering that Squad is aiming for what's "G.I equipment" for the forces (by the looks of it, even though insurgents don't really have any G.I), shouldn't the one that's the current standard issue RPG be the one they get? Since the RPG-30 became standard issue back in 2013.

..probably less work for them to just give them the RPG-7 the insurgents currently have, but would it be authentic enough? Wouldn't want Russia to seem like they're using the same equipment as they did in the soviet era still, that might just seem insulting to those that actually are Russian  :o

Well, the Russian Ground forces "government issue RPG" currently is the RPG-30, as it's disposable like the M72 etc.. but they still use the RPG-7v2 somewhat, and those paratroopers still use the v3.. but considering that Squad is aiming for what's "G.I equipment" for the forces (by the looks of it, even though insurgents don't really have any G.I), shouldn't the one that's the current standard issue RPG be the one they get? Since the RPG-30 became standard issue back in 2013.

..probably less work for them to just give them the RPG-7 the insurgents currently have, but would it be authentic enough? Wouldn't want Russia to seem like they're using the same equipment as they did in the soviet era still, that might just seem insulting to those that actually are Russian  :o

About one thousand RPG-30s are on deposit in storages of russian South and Central Military Districts. One drop in the sea of RPG-7. No units in all Russian military was rearmed. So, RPG-7 is absolutely authentic. At least, much more authentic than Ural-375D in modern russian military.

Are you guys planning on putting some 45 round magazines into the mix for insurgent squad leaders?

For whatever reason I love the dumb look of those over sized magazines on assault rifles.

45-Schuss-Magazin-RPK74-AK74-Bakelit-Mol

I would also really enjoy seeing 7.62 weapons that use the 40rd. box mag from the RPK (not RPK-74).

Of course, these kinds of things should be limited somehow, so it's not available to everyone anytime they want it.

Are they already in Russian Common Armee use?

Or Special Forces only?

Wikipedia:

"On 23 December 2014, the Russian Army announced that the AK-12, as well as the A-545, had passed state trials and would be accepted into service with operational units for evaluation. It is expected that both weapons will begin being trialed operationally by Russian forces by March 2015"

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/01/27/breaking-news-russian-army-standardize-ak-12/

maybe?

LOL every time they've been just about to proceed with the AK12 its been pushed back into redevelopment for improvement (3 times now?). Its the Duke Nukem Forever of assault rifles.

LOL every time they've been just about to proceed with the AK12 its been pushed back into redevelopment for improvement (3 times now?). Its the Duke Nukem Forever of assault rifles.

they're tryin' to fix something that ain't broke.

Unlikely that AK 12 would make it to normal grunt of Russian arm-forces, more likely field for special forces or more elite units (there are some picture showing what look like Russian special force with AEK 971) There are crazy amount of surplus AK 74 in Russian military and there seems to budget constraint in the armforces too. Plus other than improve ergonomic and modernization of a gun, AK 12 doesn't look that superior than AK 74. 

But again, I never shoot AK 12, so take this opinion for grain of salt. :) (Im sure its a better gun, but I doubt its a game changer type.)

I hear the AEK971/derivatives are more of a front-runner for general service also... since its cheaper/easier to clean/easier to shoot 

I love that you guys push this stuff out. Makes a backer appreciate the game better.

We have some guy in the Internet that called him self Karden, i think he is serving in FSB special forces.

He is posting some interesting stuff on his blog about military equipment, he has a gallery with huge photos i would like to share, the site is on russian but i think you'll figure it out how to use it...

https://my.mail.ru/mail/photoshooter/photo/6087

"Показать ещё 24" - means "show another 24 (albums)" basically this is everything you'll need to know.

You can find there not only aks, but a PKM, RPG, some special forces equipment, some vehicle photos and etc.

Also be aware that american AKs have differences from russian i am recomend not to use it as a reference...

Same is for airsoft - do not use them...

I will post some additional information about AK74m later for you, because i need to translate it to (my shitty) English...

There some guy in the internet called him self Karden, i think he is serving in FSB special forces. He is posting some interesting stuff on his blog, also he has a gallery with huge photos i would like to share, it's on russian but i think you'll figure it out...

https://my.mail.ru/mail/photoshooter/photo/6087

"Показать ещё 24" - means "show another 24 (albums)" basically this is everything you'll need to know.

You can find there not only aks, but a PKM, RPG, some special forces equipment, some vehicle photos and etc.

Also be aware that american AKs have differences from russian i am recomend not to use it as a reference...

I will post some additional information about AK74m later for you, becase i need to translate it into (my shitty) English...

Ive seen Karden's stuff before, he posts some awesome shit.

I used to own some Zenit parts on my SGL-31

Yeah, Karden posts eally good stuff, but about two years ago he became a father and can't post as often as before :)

BTW, he isn't FSB officer, he is serving in SOBR, russian police SWAT equivalent.

Can we see any progress? I can already imagine how sexy they must look in UE4 ^^

sGpXr3t.jpg

from Z-Troopers twitter

I wonder in whose hands this variant will end up