Z-trooper

Kalashnikovs are comin'

How about AK12 family?

This^. I get the idea that insurgent factions should have have older looking AK's, but watching videos of the russian forces in Squad using older style (in appearance) AK's made the game feel older. I also understand its Pre-Alpha, and the Russian military might not have adopted newer AK's yet. This is just my two sense. 

Also saw this link about kalashnikov revamping it's weapons

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30302261

This^. I get the idea that insurgent factions should have have older looking AK's, but watching videos of the russian forces in Squad using older style (in appearance) AK's made the game feel older. I also understand its Pre-Alpha, and the Russian military might not have adopted newer AK's yet. This is just my two sense.

Also saw this link about kalashnikov revamping it's weapons

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30302261

the devs stated clearly that the russian faction, when shown, was like 99% placeholders. the gear will be different, and they were given insurgent weapons simply to be playable back when the ranger tier had access and got to playtest.

Did you ever shot it or is this youre opinion from youtube videos?

As far i know and read about it. Its a good weapon. Its done for CQB and as pistol replacement.

Yes, I did. Only 2 mags, unfortunately (Package includes only 2 spare mags per SMG). But things typed below are not only from my experience, but also from guys who use this gun everyday. Yes, it is accurate enough for 25-50 meters, has low rate of fire and weight.

On the other hand, PP-2000 has horrible ergonomics, too short stock, rudimental stupid hole at the rear end of reciever for spare mag (Why?!), magazine catch button can be pushed accidentally, safety lever is extremely hard to push with thumb, charging handle should be closed from top. Cheap and weak plastic. PP-2000 costs $572. Makarov costs $38 (I know, it is just simple old pistol, but...)

It is used only by police patrols instead of AKS-74U not PM, but there are many other average SMGs for significantly lower price.

the devs stated clearly that the russian faction, when shown, was like 99% placeholders. the gear will be different, and they were given insurgent weapons simply to be playable back when the ranger tier had access and got to playtest.

Precisely what i said. Just agreeing with what others said. 

Watch out they are multiplying!  

Just wanted to share something that I have been working on while I have been performing my other duties.

Expanding our Kalashnikov collection, to the benefit of both the Russian faction and the irregular forces, such as our insurgent faction.

CIxYUoN.png

It will still be a little while before you see them in game, but rest assured that they are coming to a battlefield near you!

Expansion to the 5.45x39 part of the family

ybpNYzf.png

And a start to the 7.62x39 family

xw7a1qT.png

I still have 3 more versions to do before I wrap this up and start preparing them for texturing and in game use, and that is the RPK part of the family.

I will be remaking the 7.62 RPK that we currently have in game as well as introducing the RPK-74 and RPK-74M as a part of this.

All of these will behave differently, in terms of recoil and sway patterns, damage (different muzzle velocities) and some will be limited to certain kits, but you will find when the time comes...

Keep in mind that they are all work in progress.

Thank you SO MUCH for the AKM...I hate games that don't understand the AKM was produced in the millions the original ak47 is not a very coming thing to find. 

Russians don't use AK-107 and PP-2000. MR-443 is very unpopular in AF RF, too shitty compared to PM.

Pretty sure I saw Russian crewmen from the boarder-guard having the PP-2000 when they visited us and we got to shoot each others weapons etc. just you know.. living in a bordering country and all that jazz.

edit: on the topic of how good the gun is.. now that's a different topic. But they could always just get the AKS-74U

edit #2: I just realized, the boarder-guard crewmen probably have different equipment from the average Russian ground forces.. so the ones I have encountered are probably differently equipped. Oh well! Still, crewmen would use more compact weaponry, so in any case an AK-variant with a folder on it

Are insurgents forever going to be handicapped with no optical sights?

You gotta remember, they're supposed to be a faction that creates asymmetrical combat, they're "weaker" in the sense of technology but will have a lot more tools at their disposal that others don't.

Like say for instance IED's/Roadbombs, smaller lighter vehicles able to access more terrain (like motorcycles), possibly sticky-bombs and "cooker-bombs" to use against armored vehicles, etc etc.

It's going to make sense as the game development progresses further down the road, and they'll get a lot of things that'll be unconventional and unexpected by the more technologically modern factions..

..but then again I have to wonder how it's gonna turn out, if they encounter "futurist" tech that some factions like Norwegian Forces for instance have access to etc (as Norway has all the "ninja tools" as people call them, extremely advanced tools and generally better equipped soldiers than the rest/most of the forces in the world, things like the nano uav's, IED-jammers, jet-mountable cruise-missiles single-handedly capable of taking out entire warships, etc.).

But, I'm sure they're either going to try and drastically restrict the tools such factions have, or even do some amazing asymmetrical combat where there may be a very well equipped faction, but the combat becomes a "numbers-game".. like maybe 30 vs 70 insurgents etc, combat where they're going to need advanced gadgets to actual win (because they're outnumbered by a lot), or maybe a uphill-struggle, where the dug-in faction has a massive advantage etc.

Trust the devs for that sort of stuff etc, we'll see more justifications to why some factions are "less equipped" vs others as the game progresses!

..hell, we don't even have helicopters or jets yet, so that's gonna change up combat so much, and I'm so stoked to see where this game is headed and what's in store for the future of it!

Pretty sure I saw Russian crewmen from the boarder-guard having the PP-2000 when they visited us and we got to shoot each others weapons etc. just you know.. living in a bordering country and all that jazz.

edit: on the topic of how good the gun is.. now that's a different topic. But they could always just get the AKS-74U

edit #2: I just realized, the boarder-guard crewmen probably have different equipment from the average Russian ground forces.. so the ones I have encountered are probably differently equipped. Oh well! Still, crewmen would use more compact weaponry, so in any case an AK-variant with a folder on it

Never heard about border guards using PP-2000, but... Why not? You are right, they don't belong to russian Armed Forces. And I think, they decided to show you something intersting instead of ancient AKs :)

Never heard about border guards using PP-2000, but... Why not? You are right, they don't belong to russian Armed Forces. And I think, they decided to show you something intersting instead of ancient AKs :)

Haha that is very possible.. but as said, since they're border guards, they're not really the ones we'll be fighting as or against in Squad, so it kinda became inert  :P

In PR, just for feel of the classics I always chose the 7.62 variant of AK when choice was given. Glad to see you have em coming! Awesome work with so many models.

It's called asymmetrical warfare, if you want scopes on insurgents i guess the game insurgency might interest you.

How awesome wouldn't it be if the Insurgents got randomized looks to their weapons (but they were still the same caliber etc)? 

Like, say you're playing the rifleman-class and that class uses the 7.62x39 AK's, but you could be given a plethora of 7.62x39 AK variants that would do the same job.. only the look of the gun would change, for that more authentic feel to it, as they would basically use whatever they had available realistically at least.

..hell, even Vz.58's might be found in Insurgent hands, but that's probably never gonna happen (as they are higher rates of fire than AK-variants etc).