Real quick I know the Dev's have a road map for development already and I am not a game Dev so I don't know how

hard the things I suggest would be to implement or if they are already underway and also just gotta say Dev's you guys are doing great on development so far :D 

So I played the weekend playtest of Post Scriptum and it made me realized how much I want Squad to be more slow paced and more punishing like PS and Project Reality. I have seen threads of people complaining about the recoil saying its too punishing in V11 and just complaining about things that make the game harder. As where I want the opposite I want the recoil to be even more punishing and etcetera. I don’t know the dev’s vision for the game but from the Squad Q&A from a while ago they seem to be riding the fence on making the core game harder. Or at least that how I saw it. Anyway why not just add a hardcore mode for players that want an experience more like PS/Project Reality. 

HARDCORE MODE SUGGESTIONS 

*Weapon Recoil*

Changing the recoil so you physically have to adjust for the recoil like in PR. Its slows down the pace of the game a lot and can make for some really sweet prolonged fights. Also it keeps people from just blasting away instead of taking aimed shots. I have done it multiple times, standing up in a field just clicking the mouse as fast as I can and spraying guys down around 150m away post V11.

Most of the gifs wont show on the page im not sure why :( 

WqUmvUH.gif  https://imgur.com/jo9qIji  https://i.imgur.com/1YElFTY.mp4

VS

https://i.imgur.com/FAGgN64.mp4   https://i.imgur.com/okMHuZS.mp4  https://i.imgur.com/8RxS4eV.mp4  https://imgur.com/HEDCQNR

Its still controllable and you can full auto sorta accurately its just not point and mash your mouse.

*Bandaging

The bandaging should take longer in my option not just a 3 second animation and you're done. A game I think that dose this well is Rising Storm 2.

https://imgur.com/a/PzbLuyd

Also just like in PR if you get shot and bandage yourself it should heal you a bit and slow the bleeding but not stop the bleeding completely. For that you need to see a medic to completely stop the bleeding. That way lone wolfing is seriously punished and the squad sticking together is encouraged through game mechanics. Also it gives a very satisfying feeling knowing that if you shot a guy that he is forked up even if he got away.

https://imgur.com/a/nKLsguC

*Rally System*

In Post Scriptum there is no rally's and I love it. It makes the people wait for the medic instead of just burning through the rally like paper. And people play like their lives matter because if you die you gotta run...far. But there is the spawn vehicles in Post Scriptum to balance that. So instead of a static rally that stays until a enemy finds it or the spawns are used up just copy the system in PR. You can put down a rally but as soon as the SL moves 100m away from the rally it disappears. So people don't rely on it like a FOB but you can keep the squad together. Maybe add a timer on it as well so people don't expect the SL to just sit on the rally.

*Damage*

Having to shoot people 3 times twists my panties. So in this said hardcore mode upping the damage people take would be nice. Also because of Post Scriptum I am quite fond of the head shots being non relivable. For me it was enjoyable part of the gameplay.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE BASE GAME

*Dedicated Armored Vehicle Squads*

Squad NEEDS premade dedicated vehicle squads just like in Post Scriptum. I play squad leader a lot, and when my squad needs a pickup or backup and I talk to the other SL's to ask for a ride or for some support from armor they them self's the SL's are not in the armor and its some guy lone wolfing it in their squad and we never get the support because I cant communicate directly with the crew. Same thing goes for when I make an apc squad and another squad has an apc and we try to coordinate. Its almost impossible because if its a infantry squad with armor usually the SL of that squad is not in the vehicle. ANNNNDDD another thing I noticed is that people are scared to take out the APC's or because the inf squads are busy doing infantry things and don't use them. So a lot of the matches we just have 3 APC's sitting at main the whole game.

6GxcrrB.jpgbH92sg9.jpg

But in Post Scriptum its night and day compared to Squad in this aspect. I can talk directly to a squad dedicated to tanks and give them information that helps win the game and support infantry. Also warn them of enemy armor instead of having to play a game of telephone then watching are BTR get bent over by a Bradley because they couldn't hear me. 

Another thing about armor squads is that its really hard to hear your crew. So If you get in apc, tank or whatever it should automatically deafen the engine and the sound out side. Kinda like if you had a tanker helmet on.

7DqJmek.jpgXaQsfaA.jpg

Also if you model the helmets for the crewmen kit that would be really noice.

*CROUCHING SYSTEM*

If you have played ARMA 3 or Escape From Tarkov you know they have a crouching system in which you can choose how low you want to be to the ground. So you can shoot through holes that you usually cant. Or just peak above cover enough to shoot without standing completely up and getting murderized

*FOBS AND SHOVELS*

Personally I hate that one lone wolf with any kit can find a FOB and single-handedly destroy it with a shovel. I think you should need a special class with C4 or some type of explosive to destroy the FOB. I remember seeing a shotgun that was being modeled a long time ago is the breacher kit making a comeback from PR?

gimme gimme gimme :D

*AFK kicking System*

People in servers just chilling for 30 mins and that have not spawned from the start of the game or joined a squad should be kicked.

sEP5q18.jpg

That is all my good Sir's keep up the good work Dev's!

Oh and PS. Can the American Army get a woodland camo? Or is that what the Army actually wears in the woods? They are like beacons of light compared with the Russian camo on forest maps.

SQ0kuJd.jpg

Edited by Dr.Stone
My grammar is be bad

1 hour ago, Dr.Stone said:

In Post Scriptum there is no rally's and I love it. It makes the people wait for the medic instead of just burning through the rally like paper.

1 hour ago, Dr.Stone said:

I am quite fond of the head shots being non relivable

2 hours ago, Dr.Stone said:

People in servers just chilling for 30 5 mins and or that have not spawned from the start of the game or joined a squad should be kicked.

these, i like.

33 minutes ago, SgtHerhi said:

@Dr.Stone this game might interest you, it has all of the things you're asking for... and more! Link to game

Not the point of his post. I agree with many things @Dr.Stone says. Mainly the rallypoint system which atm really doesn't work very well. As for gun recoil, not sure if i agree or not, it can only be tested.

4 hours ago, H_8 said:

For Hardcore mode I would suggest removing medic. And rally. Damn, maybe even Hab.

You still need to have a fluid game mechanics and removing medics and fobs in my opinion would be silly. That's why Post Scriptum has spawn Trucks and medics even though they say its a WW2 simulation game. I just want it to have more realistic aspects or mechanics that make it harder not a total military simulation. Because If you had to drink water other wise you die from heat stroke and real life things like that it would be silly. 

4 hours ago, Minipops said:

remove the name indicators above the characters if you want real hardcore...

I actually agree. Noice! But you still need a way to tell who your squad mates are and the roles they are other wise squad leading would be really annoying. 

2 hours ago, SgtHerhi said:

@Dr.Stone this game might interest you, it has all of the things you're asking for... and more! Link to game

Don't be sarcastic ma dude the game devs themselves said Squad is the spiritual successor to Project Reality they even have some of the same maps..kinda. I just want the game play to be a harder and even more team oriented then it is now. I would appreciate it if you actually gave a constructive comment about the idea's I have listed.

1 hour ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Not the point of his post. I agree with many things @Dr.Stone says. Mainly the rallypoint system which atm really doesn't work very well. As for gun recoil, not sure if i agree or not, it can only be tested.

I'm personally with you on that the rally but maybe they will change it in a hardcore mode *crosses fingers*

or change it when there is a helicopter for transport. to balance it out maybe. As for the recoil you can test it right now if you play Project Reality. I personally prefer it compared with just clicking the mouse as fast as you can. You can still be very accurate  with multiple shots its just not a point and click. But it might not be for everyone hence the hardcore mode. 

Edited by Dr.Stone

Hardcore mode? Remove players from map, remove names above players and dont let anyone respawn anywhere else than in mainbase. Also only give SL`s a radio so they can communicate while the normal rifleman has to rely on local.

That is all.

Theres no need to adjust recoil/damage and the other things as squad gets it pretty realistic atm. Dont get why some people always scream for more recoil and weapon sway, you might overthink shooting a bit.

However, pistols seem to have very low recoil compared to their real counterparts.

edit: Also like the idea of headshots making you dead-dead.

Edited by Chew_Kok_Long

10 minutes ago, Chew_Kok_Long said:

Theres no need to adjust recoil/damage and the other things as squad gets it pretty realistic atm. Dont get why some people always scream for more recoil and weapon sway, you might overthink shooting a bit.

I didn't say increase recoil I said make it so you physically have to readjust the rifle to the target instead of it automatically coming down. If you look at the Imgur links there is some example of what I mean. 

13 minutes ago, Chew_Kok_Long said:

Remove players from map, remove names above players and dont let anyone respawn anywhere else than in mainbase. Also only give SL`s a radio so they can communicate while the normal rifleman has to rely on local

You still need a good pace to the game. Otherwise you will just be running the whole game, just make some aspects a little more punishing.

Keyword here is balance. Make it appeal to a broader audience as well as catering to the needs of those who like to play under HC mechanics (whatever those will be).

Maybe there should be hardcore mode and then super hardcore 1 life no medics mode.  The hardcore mode I personally would want would still have medics, fobs, and re balanced rally points.  I think rally points should be like they are in PR where they expire after 1 minute.  On top of that I think there should be a cool down of like 5 minutes on rally points.  I would also like to see name tags go away or at least only pop up if you are 5 -10 meters from someone.  And finally maybe longer re spawn times.

Having real snipers on both teams, limited in how many of course, and able to do one shot kills, would be hard core action addition to your ideas.

13 hours ago, XRobinson said:

Having real snipers on both teams, limited in how many of course, and able to do one shot kills, would be hard core action addition to your ideas.

Yeah man. In PR there was 1 bolt action sniper per team that was a one shot down. Im totes down for that