Posted (edited)

The ability to set a waypoint, even just a single one, would be a blessing for squad leaders and add a beneficial degree of depth to the game. The ability to place a rally, then a move marker for troops to go to, and then from the move marker to an action point/marker(attack/dig/defend/etc...) is something I'd really like. Just one waypoint would make a world of difference as currently players, of all levels, often move to action points/markers directly from where they spawned which leads to the spawn having a rather limited life by making them kind of easy to find, so it seems. Having the ability to place a single waypoint imho could bring a whole new level of game play and enhance everyone's in-game experience. Please could we test such a feature in the next update. I guess you could use the 'Shift' key + click to place the waypoint and then the usual for the action point/marker.... grovel grovel... grovel... :)B|

P.s. I searched and found but thought this really needs bringing back to life... people's vectors are too much of a clue... #make-Squad-rich-...-in-depth...-for-enhanced-funzies-...-people-will-like-it-...-o7

P.p.s. This would especially useful for squad leaders that become seperated from their squad, for whatever reason... "Do such and such via such and such waypoint-move-marker..."

Edited by Zeroid

My fingers are crossed that this will be added in the future as part of the QOL update for SL ui

On 6/11/2018 at 12:56 PM, Gatzby said:

Wanted to add that there are some UI improvements in the work for squad leaders (though not necessarily tied to the map), so there should be some improvements to quality of life in the pipe.

there is another thread this week asking for more map commands for SLs.....its on the front page.

11 hours ago, embecmom said:

there is another thread this week asking for more map commands for SLs.....its on the front page.

Could you link it?

18 hours ago, Sparcany said:

My fingers are crossed that this will be added in the future as part of the QOL update for SL ui

Currently I often place a move marker then ask my squad members to attack a place/location from the move marker, but it's not ideal. Not sure if making spawn points easy to discover from the vector of troops is intentional or not. It's just unfortunate that so many soldiers/squad make direct lines to attack markers from their spawn-points.

+1

I just use green fob markers in pattern and ask them to 'connect the dots in line'....Definitely need the ability to play more than just 1 waypoint...

+1

Good idea. Keep it simple. Same marker type but with number in superscript?