Jump to content
Barbarossa

Admin: Forced Unlock, Speak to Squad as 10th member, Forced dismissal for toxic SL

Advanced admin tools  

15 members have voted

  1. 1. Me, admin, wanna have that...

    • ...too!
      7
    • ...not!
      8


Recommended Posts

Suggestion:

 

Due to incidents I would like to suggest, that admins

 

A) have the right to join a locked squad as 10th member, not to play with them, just for to talk to the guys in the squad

B) Force-unlock locked Squads in order to prevent lone-sl-squads
C) Forced dismissal of a SL. So he dosen't needs to be kicked any more, but be removed from charge if he/she is toxic

There's a real need of those three features. Maybe implementing them is not that difficult and time consumpting
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I  agree in principle , but it might also be a bit restrictive. Maybe Locked squads should be authorized by Clan Admin or Clan SL fo specific game strategy. I am  newer to  playing the game so i don't know  all the the subtleties  of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would just kick lone sl squads if they dont respond all you will have is lock..unlock.lock unlock bs... why keep an SL if they are toxic again just kick?

 

but like the idea to force unlock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Because the kicked SL will head his SL role to a random player, who dosen't know what a Sl is and how to unlock the squad...And I dont't wanna kick whole Squads...

Edited by Barbarossa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Barbarossa said:

Because the kicked SL will head his SL role to a random player, who dosen't know what a Sl is and how to unlock the squad...And I dont't wanna kick whole Squads...

so what does it change? the 'who wants to be sl' question will still exist..you going to force on someone?   if your going to leave the squad your in and lead them fair enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, embecmom said:

so what does it change? the 'who wants to be sl' question will still exist..you going to force on someone?   if your going to leave the squad your in and lead them fair enough

As a Clan admin there is no chance to join that locked squad an take the SL if nobody wants to

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Barbarossa said:

As a Clan admin there is no chance to join that locked squad an take the SL if nobody wants to

 

agreed thats why Im saying why bother trying to pass the SL role if that SL is toxic just kick them, the SL role merry go round will happen any way, force unlock is good idea to help if you see it that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

seems a decent idea. If an admin is able and willing to turn a crap squad around then they should have any and all powers to do so. 

 

I would also give admin server wide mute so the knob jockeys are forced to listen. Put a big message in their screen when they push the talk button - YOUR MIC IS DISABLED

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think those suggestions, although intended for good, could cause more harm than good because of their intrusive nature. I think a better way of handling the issues raised here would be:

 

- !admin command for players to show available admins on the server (if it doesn't exist already, I know it was suggested)

- Some sort of mutiny vote between SL's for when 4x SL's are playing along but the 5th is toxic as hell and needs to be removed (already suggested). When removed, player cannot create a squad for the remaining of the round. Successful vote needs to be unanimous. 

 

At the end of the day, you want to give admins the power to do a lot of things but you also gotta look at it from the player's perspective in the event an admin isn't online. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having been an admin, I'm all for giving admin godlike powers, since most use them for good. IME, admins are better vetted than the playing public with no stake in it. For the rare ones who don't? You can leave the server or take it up with the clan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Nice idea...but kinda doable right now. Admin can make his own squad and direct talk to SL. He can also kick from server specific player? Why would other squad members need to listen to that talk? Toxic behavior can be reported via team chat and usually it's resolved pretty quickly.

 

Force unlock is cool idea.

 

+1 for CptDirty suggestion. We could really use mutiny or some other voting system.

Edited by Disco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/23/2018 at 8:37 AM, Barbarossa said:

Suggestion:

 

Due to incidents I would like to suggest, that admins

 

A) have the right to join a locked squad as 10th member, not to play with them, just for to talk to the guys in the squad

B) Force-unlock locked Squads in order to prevent lone-sl-squads
C) Forced dismissal of a SL. So he dosen't needs to be kicked any more, but be removed from charge if he/she is toxic

There's a real need of those three features. Maybe implementing them is not that difficult and time consumpting
 

Admin can can already fly around in camerman & talk to anyone in local chat plus kick/ban players so why would you need anything else? Besides, there was a "Commander" role originally promised anyway and logically that role would be pointless if it didn't have the feature of demotion of inefficient squad leaders.

 

I've always believed that any game should be programmed to be a self sufficient entity with built-in rules and features like vote kicks where the players can sort out any issues themselves and not need to be nannied like little babies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the issue is getting those other 8 players back into the battle once the SL is kicked. By talking to them beforehand the admin can even help a total noob squad get a rally up and back into the action.

Not sure why anyone would argue against this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More or less you already have that.If the admin is active and on the server thy usually respond fast and kick or ban a problematic guy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys I am an ADMIN and I do an administration of the server in a gameplay-healthy way. But those issuses aren't fixed by just kicking one guy out. The other randoms often passes the sl around cause nobody wants it or can play it. So if you reject a toxic SL, than I have to kick one more guy and one more. There istn't even a "kick from squad by admin". I just can kick people from the server, but this is a very hard option, because it really destroys the serverers name and will kill the server over the time. I want a scalpel not a rough chainsaw.

I suspect any other opinion of this topic as you have done lots of s="t on servers and don't wanna get punished for :-P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 29/06/2018 at 6:49 PM, Barbarossa said:

Guys I am an ADMIN and I do an administration of the server in a gameplay-healthy way. But those issuses aren't fixed by just kicking one guy out. The other randoms often passes the sl around cause nobody wants it or can play it. So if you reject a toxic SL, than I have to kick one more guy and one more. There istn't even a "kick from squad by admin". I just can kick people from the server, but this is a very hard option, because it really destroys the serverers name and will kill the server over the time. I want a scalpel not a rough chainsaw.

I suspect any other opinion of this topic as you have done lots of s="t on servers and don't wanna get punished for :-P

so again , are you going to force the SL role onto someone who doesnt want it? if you dont want to SL and you know that admin is going to force it your not coming back to the server either tbh.. .not sure what your solution is to stop the merry go round of the SL role?  The role will find itself on someone eventually by default...but getting rid of a toxic SL should be the priority of the ADmin .. no admin is going to kick players because they dont want to SL thats even worse....  you cant confuse a toxic SL with those that just plain dont want to do it.

Edited by embecmom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why not give the admin tools to soften the blow of SL kick and to help manage their player base in a positive way?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have yet to run into a "Toxic" SL. Not even sure what that means. I have played with what are to me some really annoying SLs, it's a personality thing and I just leave their squad as we are not compatible. When I play SL, or if it's forced upon me I do the following.

 

1. Immediately kick the person that started the squad and then passed off SL, then lock the squad so he can't come back. Will unlock after he joins another squad.

2. Kick squad members that really want to be SL since they don't like anything I do and won't stop demanding things. Is this the definition of a "Toxic" squad member? I don't know but they make the squad experience miserable for everyone else.

3. Optionally, promote to SL people who match number 2. But really, if they wanted to be SL, why not just start a squad?

 

If you feel you're getting abused by SLs, maybe you're the problem.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Myetball said:

I have yet to run into a "Toxic" SL. Not even sure what that means. I have played with what are to me some really annoying SLs, it's a personality thing and I just leave their squad as we are not compatible. When I play SL, or if it's forced upon me I do the following.

 

1. Immediately kick the person that started the squad and then passed off SL, then lock the squad so he can't come back. Will unlock after he joins another squad.

2. Kick squad members that really want to be SL since they don't like anything I do and won't stop demanding things. Is this the definition of a "Toxic" squad member? I don't know but they make the squad experience miserable for everyone else.

3. Optionally, promote to SL people who match number 2. But really, if they wanted to be SL, why not just start a squad?

 

If you feel you're getting abused by SLs, maybe you're the problem.

 

 

I do lots of that too.. toxic in terms of wont communicate with other SLs or squad, wont take the right kit,  goes off wasting vehicles.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, embecmom said:

I do lots of that too.. toxic in terms of wont communicate with other SLs or squad, wont take the right kit,  goes off wasting vehicles.. 

I wouldn't consider that behavior "Toxic". More like just a useless SL. I suspect players call SLs "Toxic" because they did something to hurt their feelings or talk to them with harsh words. The mere fact the term "Toxic" is being used is more telling of those using it than those being described.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/07/2018 at 10:00 PM, Myetball said:

I wouldn't consider that behavior "Toxic". More like just a useless SL. I suspect players call SLs "Toxic" because they did something to hurt their feelings or talk to them with harsh words. The mere fact the term "Toxic" is being used is more telling of those using it than those being described.

 

whatever... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 5:00 PM, Myetball said:

I wouldn't consider that behavior "Toxic". More like just a useless SL. I suspect players call SLs "Toxic" because they did something to hurt their feelings or talk to them with harsh words. The mere fact the term "Toxic" is being used is more telling of those using it than those being described.

 

Sorry to tell you this but:

On 7/6/2018 at 5:00 PM, Myetball said:

wont communicate with other SLs or squad 

wont take the right kit

goes off wasting vehicles..

 are quite literally what toxic means in the context of this game. Those are toxic behaviors that harm the team. You're trying to tell everyone here that a squad leader that took 5x BTR's full with his squad and drove them, one by one, straight into the enemy stronghold is not considered toxic? Give me a break....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't consider the associate of the word "Toxic" with the behavior described. I would have expected more mature responses than "whatever..." and "Give me a break..." from more established members. We're all entitled to our opinions, we just happen to have different ones. I'm not trying to change yours, just express mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Myetball said:

I don't consider the associate of the word "Toxic" with the behavior described. I would have expected more mature responses than "whatever..." and "Give me a break..." from more established members. We're all entitled to our opinions, we just happen to have different ones. I'm not trying to change yours, just express mine.

of course you are and if you dont consider it toxic fair enough,  but then adding 'its more telling about those using it' seems like a little dig for some reason no idea why...  so it warranted a whatever... 

 

but point is toxic behaviour as seen by the admins and server rules needs to be dealt with... 

Edited by embecmom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8.7.2018 at 10:04 PM, Myetball said:

I don't consider the associate of the word "Toxic" with the behavior described. I would have expected more mature responses than "whatever..." and "Give me a break..." from more established members. We're all entitled to our opinions, we just happen to have different ones. I'm not trying to change yours, just express mine.

I consider, having an argument about the definition of "toxic", is toxic for the topic, because it is offtopic.

 

Beeing toxic in Squad means:

 

- Don't talk to other SLs

- Wasting tickets on abandoned Logis (uses them for transport only)

- Lockes Squad by 3 or less member

- Dosen't play objectives, does attack/defend not actice flag in a gamebreaking way

- Opens squad at the beginning of a round (worst time) and suffles SL around, just because he wants to be the sniper guy

- Dosen't talk to own squad either

- Has no clue of his role, don't places rallys and Habs

- Steals vehics from mainbase, while whole team just decided which SL will need/take it

- Playes COD meatgrind style

- Dosen't arrenge at all

- Dosen't obey admins orders

- Uses unsuitable racist spuadnames

- ... ... ...

- And - that's why I am wishing for those possibilites for admins - kicks admin from squad and lockes it, after he got point out on that topics. Those players have to be rejected, but by kicking them, the sl-kit gets around, the leftovers don't know how to unlock the squad and due to one TOXIC SL, 8 new players get a bad game and no benefit from that very nice teamplay-based FPS.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×