Super Coco

Gameplay improvement/realism features

Hello,

I would like to propose an easy concept for Squad and Post Scriptum.
Maybe it will be an good idea that we can give/pick up part of our equipment to another player during the game.
I'm speaking about leave some rifle or pistol magazine for another player who is empty of ammo or bandages.
The objective will be get some ammo/bandage to come safetily to look for supplies in an ammo crate.
I'm not speaking as Arma 3 where you can carry a lot of thigs. No.

What do you think about it?

See you soon,
Super Coco

Hello comunity i would like to show my feedback to this idea of SuperCoco because this proposal is very interesting. In every match of squad people who have the rol of medic, always need bandages, and sometimes (a lot of times) medics dont have enough bandages to heal everyone in the field and the same with ammo if you are in a combat and you dont have more magacines you are in trouble, how are you gonna kill those who are firing at you without amunition? this of course will be a boost to the teamplay and the realism of the game and I totally agree.

Thank you. 

See you in the field ^^.

Asman11.

On 22/06/2018 at 12:42 PM, asman11 said:

Hello comunity i would like to show my feedback to this idea of SuperCoco because this proposal is very interesting. In every match of squad people who have the rol of medic, always need bandages, and sometimes (a lot of times) medics dont have enough bandages to heal everyone in the field and the same with ammo if you are in a combat and you dont have more magacines you are in trouble, how are you gonna kill those who are firing at you without amunition? this of course will be a boost to the teamplay and the realism of the game and I totally agree.

Thank you. 

See you in the field ^^.

Asman11.

people run out of ammo and bandages.. there is not an unlimited supply you can only carry so much into battle, it doesnt add realism to give more ammo and bandages... they appear to be adding ammo bags at some point.

I would agree with this, and would also like to suggest being able to pick up enemy kits. Project Reality was WAY more fun before Afterdune removed the option of using enemy kits. Ammo bags for the rifleman kit would also be a very good idea but i never saw anywhere that it was planned.

Before telling me its unrealistic to pick up enemy weapons, in ww2 germans in stalingrad picked up PPSH from russians because it was way more effective than the mp40 at close range, US soldiers in vietnam picked up AK rifles from vietcong, and much more examples, in ISIS videos there are M4s and m249 being held by them, captured from Iraqi baracs. 

34 minutes ago, embecmom said:

people run out of ammo and bandages.. there is not an unlimited supply you can only carry so much into battle, it doesnt add realism to give more ammo and bandages... they appear to be adding ammo bags at some point.

No. I dont understand the concept like that my idea (at least in my head) is not carry more ammo is to lend ammo to other teammates like hey can you give me one magacine that would be more realistic as my view 

37 minutes ago, embecmom said:

We're speaking about the possibility of a friend let you a small parts his supplies. For example, 1-2 magazines or 1 bandage.

Just now, Super Coco said:

We're speaking about the possibility of a friend let you a small parts his supplies. For example, 1-2 magazines or 1 bandage.

Ye thats it. Not like an ammo bag i dont think you go to a fight with a bag with a magacines and bullets it will be more logic to lend the stuff you have and in there you have that chemistry of what teamplay means

Logi replenishment,  balance ammo  construction . If squads play the game  mechanics and strategy, no need to do the MOH Reboot stuff.

But good thoughts , i don't know if it goes along with the game philosophy of the devs

Edited by Shaldag

there are other threads on this I believe, not lending ammo but ammo bags..your idea fits with the concept to pick up weapons etc.. which Im not sure the devs are doing, but have a search through the forums.

I totally agree with the proposal.

To give a couple of magazines/ammo belts was common in combat. Mg munition was carried by many soldiers, not only the soldier carrying the mg. Some kind of sustained fire could be made, but in post scriptum mg´s seem to run out of ammo a bit too fast, and supression was and is important in firefights.

Perhaps a one time use /reloadable ability to give ammo to one guy, whatever his role may be. For example, you give ammo once to your Bren mg fellow and you will be unable to give ammo to others unless you resupply at an ammobox or truck. Something inspired in Red Orchestra2.

Achtung Achtung!!!

An inventory system is something we'd like to see too, though it's a post-launch sort of thing. Being able to snag ammo from vehicles is kind of a first step, if that makes sense. One side effect of some of our developers working on Squad BR in their spare time is the ability to prototype systems like inventory. I think wasti has been key in that over on the BR team; but if it works there, it should work in Squad too, say.