Jump to content
fatalsushi

The meat grinder is awful

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Romby said:

1. Yes the way rallies are used currently is different to my suggestion for the future. One dev have already said he is looking into spawn mechanics and that there will be changes.

2. Remember how hard it was to take down a FOB when the devs by accident removed the increased spawn time if enemies are near. Now imagine enemies near means no spawn time on FOB.

 

This discussion is about the meat grinder feel of squad. Spawn mechanics contribute to this (abundance of spawns). So is the perfect thread to discuss rallies/fobs.

I've added a note to my original post for clarity, I meant no additional time penalty incurred initially, until a set number of spawns have been used up and then presence of hostiles within a spawn area add addiontal time to the default spawn timer(s)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here is my CopyPasta for the not so humble suggestions I made to fixing FOB and introducing new spawns. This entire suggestion is located in different topic of its own.

 

he much dreaded FOB camp by an enemy is nasty business. I humbly believe that FOB should not just have soldiers spawn in side FOB but around it and perhaps have finally placed spawn points. For example building mortar shelter near FOB should provide alternative spawn that requires both FOB and radio to be up, or on/round the radio. That way FOBs will not have people just buried on the top of each other. Thus something like mortar shelter could act as secondary spawn of the FOB, while inherently linked to the FOB health.

 

. Furthermore perhaps if the enemy is inside the FOB, it should act like neutralized spawn and simply will not allow anyone to spawn in it until enemy soldiers inside either leave or killed. I think this mechanic should be already into the game, due to the fact that spawning in camped FOB at the moment is death sentence (unless what I suggested could be introduced). This will fix the problem of spawn camping while simultaneously fix the problem of the bug where players spawn on the top of FOB bug and will decongest the traffic jams.

 

Also I was thinking about suggesting the idea of alternative spawn. - Air Assault/Ground Assault. For US Brits and Russian factions give SLs the ability to summon transport helicopters. For US Blackhawks for Brits Merlin and for Russians MI28. The spawns meant to be temporary and therefore have to be coordinated with the rest of squad members to zip down the line before the bird takes off due to rtb or the enemy sees big bird in the sky to shoot down. This will be high risk high reward type of temporary spawn that can be placed anywhere but with obvious risk of giant helicopters hovering in one place as infantry slides down on the ropes on its side. Adding the huge factor you can see helicopter flying to the point of spawn, making it highly dangerous yet potentially (as again beating that drum) highly rewarding option. Obviously due to refueling and repairs the mechanic will have cool down and since neither of those birds are armored, they can be relatively easy reshoot down.

 

The side note  there is already zip line skin in game aka TOW missile cable in game. All that is needed is AI helicopters and zip line rappelling down animations.

 

Insurgents ground version of Air Assault (since they don't have professional Air Force):

 

Insurgents and rebels should have Mobile spawns since they should not have helicopters A La  Post Scriptum style (Same mechanics that can be tweaked as the Squad and Post Scriptum develops).

Mobile spawns will be present  as Russian KAMAZ truck for Rebels/Militia  KAMAZ-5350_military_truck_of_Russia.jpg or smaller variant kamaz-4350-mustang-38134316.jpg

 

 

 

and

 

 

Iraqi/Afghani Bongo Bus/Van

3582651746_af10573500_z.jpg or variation of it. - Bongo Truck for Insurgents  maxresdefault.jpg 11554.jpg

 

 

 

I would like to link the video of marines shooting one of those Bongo buses at the checkpoint, for what it could look like (am I sure many players here seen that video), but I don't think Moderators allow to link NSFW material to these forums, showing real life combat footage and violence.

Edited by Caliell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

PS has mobile spawns and for the most part they are useless... disabled if enemy within 30 metres and blown up by single rpg ..plus people take them as transport and they get left all over the map but not where you need them or you have just driven all the way from base and some wag in another squad decides to move your perfectly good spawn position and your whole squad has to wait until they decide to stop or not get blown up.  I personally hate MSPs..it also does not stop spawn camping, as enemies will sit just outside the range and snipe... hate them...

 

we already have alternative spawns in rallies, its just that half the time SLs tend to stick them near the fobs...two birds with one stone..

 

 

.

 

 

Edited by embecmom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The meatgrinder problem lies in the fact that the skirmishes never end in a match, but instead drags on for the entire match. I think a solution to this would be to make spawning on FOBs cost ammunition points and give Squad Leaders only one Rallypoint.

Having spawns cost ammunition points would ensure that the never ending meatgrinders we currently have would eventually stop and controlling surrounding areas would be of greater importance, spreading the battles out more on the map.

Squad Leaders having only one Rallypoint would ensure that assaults can end with either the assaulting team winning in the initial attack or lose, instead of the current system where an assaulting squad either win by wearing out the defenders or lose by forgetting to play a Rallypoint. Squad Leaders should only spawn with a Rallypoint at Main and FOBs, but be able to rearm themselves with a new Rallypoint at either an Ammocrate or a vehicle with sufficient ammunition points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30.6.2018 at 11:42 PM, Zeroid said:

I've added a note to my original post for clarity, I meant no additional time penalty incurred initially, until a set number of spawns have been used up and then presence of hostiles within a spawn area add addiontal time to the default spawn timer(s)...

I still dont like the idea. A few versions back the devs by accident removed the increased spawn time of FOBs (with enemies around). This made it almost impossible to take down enemy FOBs. This combine with the bleed on middle caps resultet in both teams racing for middle cap. Whoever won set up a FOB. Rest of round was a horrible meat grinder.

 

The reason i don't like your suggestion is that it will make it harder to take down a FOB. In my opinion a FOB should be easier to take down for attackers. Even after the devs fixed the mistake mentioned above the game still often feels very meat grindery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Romby said:

I still dont like the idea. A few versions back the devs by accident removed the increased spawn time of FOBs (with enemies around). This made it almost impossible to take down enemy FOBs. This combine with the bleed on middle caps resultet in both teams racing for middle cap. Whoever won set up a FOB. Rest of round was a horrible meat grinder.

 

The reason i don't like your suggestion is that it will make it harder to take down a FOB. In my opinion a FOB should be easier to take down for attackers. Even after the devs fixed the mistake mentioned above the game still often feels very meat grindery

Sencierly The Meat Grinder has been a issue since Starcraft and Warcraft but they seem to find a solution, Stratagy and Defence work , Attacking and Advancing work also but no one pays attention to what squad leaders are doing we only worry about the big picture and that is winning, the meat grider works in ways you don't want to know and I have Evidence of that in tape also scree shots with 1 ticket only with a ful stacked team against a leader from the underground Highland winning and losing by 1 ticket it all depends on squad leaders orders and courage even loyalty to beat the meat grider cause I stick with my squad til I F it up laying a rally point under a CROW HMV or Styikers 3D Camera Visuals thats when I say spawn 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Gaius Marius said:

The meatgrinder problem lies in the fact that the skirmishes never end in a match, but instead drags on for the entire match. I think a solution to this would be to make spawning on FOBs cost ammunition points and give Squad Leaders only one Rallypoint.

Having spawns cost ammunition points would ensure that the never ending meatgrinders we currently have would eventually stop and controlling surrounding areas would be of greater importance, spreading the battles out more on the map.

Squad Leaders having only one Rallypoint would ensure that assaults can end with either the assaulting team winning in the initial attack or lose, instead of the current system where an assaulting squad either win by wearing out the defenders or lose by forgetting to play a Rallypoint. Squad Leaders should only spawn with a Rallypoint at Main and FOBs, but be able to rearm themselves with a new Rallypoint at either an Ammocrate or a vehicle with sufficient ammunition points.

reducing ammo is not going to help the meat grinder..the meat grinder is based around players spawning in continually and dying.. they will have ammo again once respawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:56 AM, embecmom said:

PS has mobile spawns and for the most part they are useless... disabled if enemy within 30 metres and blown up by single rpg ..plus people take them as transport and they get left all over the map but not where you need them or you have just driven all the way from base and some wag in another squad decides to move your perfectly good spawn position and your whole squad has to wait until they decide to stop or not get blown up.  I personally hate MSPs..it also does not stop spawn camping, as enemies will sit just outside the range and snipe... hate them...

 

we already have alternative spawns in rallies, its just that half the time SLs tend to stick them near the fobs...two birds with one stone..

 

 

.

 

 

With a lot of thing you mentioned can be either fixed with simple tweaks and additions or the subject to personal opinion. 

 

I personally liked Post Scriptum mobile spawns. - They just provided a lot of versatility and in Squad that seems to fit the agenda of Rebels and Insurgents quite well. I disagree that they are useless. Well parked mobile spawn in Post Scriptum won matches countless of times and is the backbone of winning for assault teams. The same situation will be in Invasion mode for Squad. To summarize the point. - You simply can't win on Assault team in Post Scriptum without mobile spawns. They are not useless. Their vulnerability is due to their high value and they should be treated as such. In either case for the Squad, they should act as alternatives to FOBs and Rallies. Therefore both temporary and probably implemented in the game with the spawn count just like deployed Rally, where upon running out of spawn, the vehicle have to be returned to the main or to nearest FOB to steal supplies.

 

You are partially right about them become useless if they are put in wrong hands. However such mechanic could be easily fixed with mobile spawns only allowed for the squads that have 9 people, can be deployed only  by the SL, with only the squad leader being able to access the vehicle, and only current squad members being able to drive it. That way you wont have that asswipe, high jacking the mobile spawn and driving it on the open for enemy team to shoot at. As again this is simply something to counteract the Air Assault option I recommended for "Regular Armies," which should be able to call in helicopters for temporary spawn, but at the high risk since frankly hovering in one place birds are huge targets and are not well armored. Since they have limited fuel, the spawn will also be timed until the bird gets almost Bingo fuel and will have to RTB to off the map location.

 

Ultimately this isn't the game's fault for jackasses not playing or using the game equipment in appropriate ways. That's "Operator's Error/Fault." This is pretty tall order blaming the mobiles, when its not the mobile but the user of mobile screws up.

 

The problem with rallies, they are limited in nature and for a good reason. Placing instantaneous spawn point can be difference between win and loss of the match. However with Rally you need to run to a certain location to have one placed. With Air Assault, and mobile you should be able to have still vulnerable, but highly rewarding alternative mechanic of placing spawn almost instantaneously anywhere. 

 

With Air Assault SL will simply need to place it on the map with the right click, like a mark or throw smoke grenade and watch the bird fly in (optional) and the mobiles.... well they are big unarmored vehicles that are easy to kill that act as bigger brother of Rally. probably using ammo or supplies to pay for the tickets or straight on have tickets like rally. As again mobiles should never be meant as permanent spawns, but simply an option for emergency assault spawn such as flanking enemy Objective and thus expendable.


Here is how I think will balance out mobile spawns to make them as proposed Air Assault by helicopter. - Make the resource loaded on the actual mobile be the.... tickets. The actual tickets seen on Tabbed Score Screen should be resources. As in Mobile at the Staging phase loads up certain amount of tickets before the match starts, people pile in, mobile arrives to a certain point and deploys. If found this is bad bad day for someone who doesn't know how to hide the mobile or is being careless with it. If the mobile is destroyed, so are the tickets loaded from the main. Which means using mobiles is highly risky, but can be just as highly rewarding since it will require skill to hide and maneuver mobile with valuable cargo on it that could spell the end of the match.

 

To kill The Meatgrinder I humbly believe in adding alternatives to spawns near the FOB. Currently that's the big issue with the FOBs due to everyone spawning on the top of each other when there are too many players spawning in. 

 

Also another issue in my opinion is the fact if HQ (FOB Hesco building) is being camped inside, I believe this should completely cut off the spawn timer because... well it meant to represent built forward HQ, where command is located. No command to summon reinforcements in real life, just like in real life no spawn on FOB. = FOB dorito with fat dot in the middle still appears but respawn timer will not count down until either campers inside FOB killed or they'll leave.

 

When not burying each other in the FOB, people tend to hide inside the FOB for cover as the enemies outside camping it, since running outside is the death sentence in unorganized panicking mob. - This leads to the bugs like spawning on the top of the FOB occur since the server/game can't physically fit anymore people inside already crammed FOB.

 

Rally isn't a solution due to the fact that it is Band Aid in the whole problem. It does not solve two birds with one stone on the permanent level due to the fact it can be found and destroyed with ease.

 

Destroying something like a Conex container with deployed cots inside, needs to be "dug up" or blown up with IED (Read below proposition).

 

Ultimately, overall I believe built FOBs never meant to be just one Hesco Basket HQ and one Radio. It mean to be at least a mini base of its own. Perhaps building additional spawns, such as mini tent or Iraqi Army style Conex with deployed cots inside of them (just take the repair for Vehicles Conex in the game and put cots with sleeping mats and bags in them) or current mortar shelters could be used as alternative spawns, or even around radio itself. Or even let SL build deployed cots with sleeping bags that can be placed near FOBs.

Edited by Caliell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Caliell said:

Ultimately, overall I believe built FOBs never meant to be just one Hesco Basket HQ and one Radio. It mean to be at least a mini base of its own.

I'm actually down for something like this. I'm imagining a much bigger FOB just like you said that is a 'mini base' which could cost perhaps a full 2000 construction points to build which could be a really really sick implementation. In theory it should allow players to get a more secured and robust spawn foothold into almost any map. Things like FOB radius would have to be increased from 400m to 800m/1000m and the de-construction of the FOB by the enemy should also be proportionally longer to complete. This idea was suggested before and lots of people are for it....

 

HOWEVER

 

I'm seeing the current 'poor FOB placement' problem being amplified by 'mini base' change suggested here. If this is implemented, when a newbie SL places this 'mini base' at a bad location it would really hurt the team and make it even harder or even impossible for another SL to place another one more strategically. 

 

Right now when another SL places a bad FOB, I have some wiggle room to place another one that's safer and perhaps even properly concealed which saved my team plenty of times...

 

Just think about it....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the FOB capturing rule supposed to be based on the FOB or the HAB? Had a game on Kamdesh last night where we had an enemy HAB totally surrounded by two squads on and it still took over five minutes of complete nade-spam-cluster**** until our squad managed to dig it up for good.

 

Still don't understand the purpose of HABs. Given the distance restrictions and the huge ticket loss for losing FOBs, who would ever build a FOB without a HAB? Seems like PR just got it right the first time, FOBs and HABs should be one in the same. This radio hide and seek meta is really dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Good-Try Greg said:

Is the FOB capturing rule supposed to be based on the FOB or the HAB? Had a game on Kamdesh last night where we had an enemy HAB totally surrounded by two squads on and it still took over five minutes of complete nade-spam-cluster**** until our squad managed to dig it up for good.

 

Still don't understand the purpose of HABs. Given the distance restrictions and the huge ticket loss for losing FOBs, who would ever build a FOB without a HAB? Seems like PR just got it right the first time, FOBs and HABs should be one in the same. This radio hide and seek meta is really dumb.

The spawn time increase when people are near radio and not hab (which is ****ing retarted). I think the spawn time increase should be added to both radio and hab.

 

The situation you mention here is excatly the problem!

Edited by Romby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

dont want the fobs to be any easier to capture or they become big rallies... the reason for the FOB and HAB was not to have an all in one because it made it to easy to capture.. but in reality all you do now is take the hab first... and 95% of people put the radio right next to the hab in the mistaken idea that it can be protected easily..

 

people build tow or mortar only radios... again I think these should be capturable by enemy when supplies available.

Edited by embecmom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 I think it's way too easy to forget what the point of FOBs, HABs and Rallys are, which is to simply simulate reinforcements arriving on the battlefield. Ofc, we're also playing a game, and enabling players to get back and engaged in the action is also a priority. So, how do you accomplish this? 

 

There isn't any need for a radio, it's just an token that makes it more complicated to place something on the battlefield. It's simply a remnant placeholder from when the radio was a glorified Rally. Then, they added a HAB, so you could separate the actual spawn point from the token you needed to transport by vehicle. Why would you need a radio and laptop to build a TOW emplacement? Wouldn't a supply crate make more sense? 

 

If you look at it objectively, a FOB should be a self contained small base, that you can't hide inside a building or small compound. Not some hesco cube you place in a tall building. It should be like half the size of VCP on Basrah, come complete with a minimum of strong defenses, and be somewhat defendable from the start with barriers that can't be destroyed with a GL or 50cal. Yes, this means you can't plop them down anywhere, and since they can be easily found, you'd better defend them. This would lead to them only being used where they make sense. They'd also be expensive and you'd only get one. A valuable strongpoint, maybe they'd have enhanced capabilities over a HAB now, with vehicle spawns and the like. Must be resupplied, cut off the supplies and spawns dry up. Enemy troops in proximity will increase the spawn timer, but it'll take longer than a HAB. Maybe to cut down on griefing, you'd need 2 SL's present to place it? Or, the commander's approval? Where, when and if you'd place one would become part of a greater strategy, you'd want it in friendly territory. 

 

Supply Crates of various sizes. Smaller ones for emplacement/defenses. Larger ones for more expensive emplacements/defenses, plus the ability to drop a team wide spawn point. Be it a HAB, tent or whatever. Can be deployed from vehicles and air assets. Must be resupplied, cut off the supplies and spawns dry up. Enemy troops in proximity will increase the spawn timer, and eventually shut it down, make them more fragile than now. You can drop crates anywhere, but HABs are limited via distance. Kind of like a super rally, somewhat disposable. 

 

Mobile spawn points. Teamwide, but limited in number and fragile. Maybe faction specific. I like the idea of only the commander having one on conventional forces. 

 

Rallies. Longer cooldown and you need the SL within proximity to spawn on it. To be used to regroup as a last resort. No more endless rallies conveyer belting lemmings into the cap. 

 

Trans. Air and ground, faction specific. Reward vehicle drivers/pilots with a non penalty respawn out of main. Return a vic to main, suicide and respawn out in the field without waiting. 

 

Not all of these are necessary, or the same needed for all forces. I like the idea of an actual FOB, that you could place partway through the match, either to consolidate your position or to use to push. Plus, crates and HABs. Either mobile spawns, or rallies, or neither, depending on the faction and gamemode. If players actually returned vics to main, respawning at main and grabbing transport would be more common.  

Edited by LugNut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CptDirty said:

I'm actually down for something like this. I'm imagining a much bigger FOB just like you said that is a 'mini base' which could cost perhaps a full 2000 construction points to build which could be a really really sick implementation. In theory it should allow players to get a more secured and robust spawn foothold into almost any map. Things like FOB radius would have to be increased from 400m to 800m/1000m and the de-construction of the FOB by the enemy should also be proportionally longer to complete. This idea was suggested before and lots of people are for it....

 

HOWEVER

 

I'm seeing the current 'poor FOB placement' problem being amplified by 'mini base' change suggested here. If this is implemented, when a newbie SL places this 'mini base' at a bad location it would really hurt the team and make it even harder or even impossible for another SL to place another one more strategically. 

 

Right now when another SL places a bad FOB, I have some wiggle room to place another one that's safer and perhaps even properly concealed which saved my team plenty of times...

 

Just think about it....

 

As again, have you noticed many of said problems mentioned are "Operator Error?" As in poorly placed FOB could give really bad  match play, pissing off a lot of people.

 

To clarify when I meant the FOB should be neutralized, I meant the HAB itself should be neutralized when there is enemy players inside of it. The respawn timer should not move since spawning at that time in the HAB is nothing more than waste of tickets as spawning in means being instantly shot upon spawn.

 

To fix the problem of HAB camping, people spawning on the top of HAB, and creation of massive traffic jams inside the FOB due to either placing in a tight room or people hiding inside the HAB when it is being surrounded and cheesed, FOB should have ability to place additional spawns. While this to a degree could be abused since manually placed spawns are static (which I also suggested not to have static spawn in FOB, but randomly placed around the HAB or if developers take the idea I proposed around the alternate spawn areas). As mentioned in parenthesis this can be tweaked with making spawns random around the HAB and manually placed alternate spawn structures.

 

As mentioned for the FOB, I suggest to be able to add alternate spawns with inverted Mortar Bunkers, and with modified Conex for sleeping (Squad already have Repair Conex container that can be reworked with repair tools and ammo replaced with sleeping cots and sleeping bags on the top of them, with AC sticking out trough cut out hole on the side and perhaps painted in camo). - The Conex idea will provide specifically one way spawn, which is harder to camp and you could possibly place more than one of them, creating several spawn points. Even better, since it will be open Conex doors of the container, the exit could be modified to have sandbags. Here is images of what I mean:

 

Here is ISIS using former Iraqi mortar inverted U bunker as sleeping area 

article-2662272-1EECBF3400000578-963_964

 

 

Here are military conexes 

56580681_0b4f9947a3.0.jpg Except with no civilian door, but wide opening and AC on the other side. There should be 4 or 2 cots lining both sides of the Conex. 

 

or maybe this with wider exit door/double door opened. container-militaire-prefabrique.jpg

 

The one specifically I had in mind will work perfectly for the game, is the half conex already in game made as Repair Station for vehicles. All that is needed to replace interior with sleeping bags and cots, plus AC stuck on at the other end of the conex, doors opened. That type of conex was widely used in Iraq, especially in FOBs. Engineers, when building FOBs would use them as wells and reinforce non exiting ends with Hesco Baskets or concrete walls. Connexes are so versatile, they could of been used to even store supplies such as ammo, food, aid station, or if not in use just as walls (when placed next to each other), with sandbags on the top lining outer area and sandbag MG towers at the corners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps even better idea is to allow to place sets of cots with sleeping bags in FOBs, which can be hidden in buildings and other areas for someone to spawn in. Easily destroyed just like rallies, and cheap or free to place. That way you can definitely create the illusion of actual FOB, if the spawns are spread out with cots and sleeping bags placed around the FOB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Caliell said:

Perhaps even better idea is to allow to place sets of cots with sleeping bags in FOBs, which can be hidden in buildings and other areas for someone to spawn in. Easily destroyed just like rallies, and cheap or free to place. That way you can definitely create the illusion of actual FOB, if the spawns are spread out with cots and sleeping bags placed around the FOB.

add it to the soldiers kit.. they have to build their own spawn bunk in the radius of the radio :) no hab... transport the troops in .. that would slow the game down greatly !

 

 

Edited by embecmom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, embecmom said:

add it to the soldiers kit.. they have to build their own spawn bunk in the radius of the radio :) no hab... transport the troops in .. that would slow the game down greatly !

 

 

Simple cot like this with issued sleeping bag placed away from the HAB and around the radio, either in the open or behind sand bags or inside the buildings in the compounds (where typically HABs are hidden) will greatly decongest that traffic jam and spawning on the top of the HAB problem. Or simply even sleeping bags on the floor. 

I could agree with your idea of every soldier placing their own, since that literally let everyone set their own spawn as they please within FOB radius and not being forced to spawn inside traffic congested FOB.

people-military-soldier-army-australia-b

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

interesting idea with the spawn bunks. I would keep it as SL placed though. perhaps in a smaller area than the other deployables.

 

Has been suggested before that a large fob with enough build points should be able to have more than one HAB (spawn point) this would make it harder to take down a well established FOB because it could be defended from the other spawn point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Caliell said:

To fix the problem of HAB camping, people spawning on the top of HAB, and creation of massive traffic jams inside the FOB due to either placing in a tight room or people hiding inside the HAB when it is being surrounded and cheesed, FOB should have ability to place additional spawns. 

1

Just code the HAB so it only holds 4 or so people, once that limit is reached, no more spawns until someone leaves. If your spawn is surrounded so you can't get out, then it's been just made fairly useless by the other team, they should be able to shut it down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2.7.2018 at 12:29 PM, embecmom said:

reducing ammo is not going to help the meat grinder..the meat grinder is based around players spawning in continually and dying.. they will have ammo again once respawn.

It seems I didn't make my idea clear. What I was trying to say is that spawning on a FOB should cost ammunition points and that when a FOB runs out of ammunition points, they can't spawn there. This would ensure that a FOB on a cap, surrounded by enemies won't be a never ending, undefeatable hornets nest that can spew out cannon fodder till kingdom come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gaius Marius said:

It seems I didn't make my idea clear. What I was trying to say is that spawning on a FOB should cost ammunition points and that when a FOB runs out of ammunition points, they can't spawn there. This would ensure that a FOB on a cap, surrounded by enemies won't be a never ending, undefeatable hornets nest that can spew out cannon fodder till kingdom come.

Rather if there are enemies inside the FOB, the FOB should completely stop the count down. Ammo is meant for building offensive and defensive weapons, not to make soldiers. In real life FOBs are the staging point for the "Fresh Meat" to be sent into combat. Thus they work as intended. What is not realistic though is soldiers/players spawning into the muzzle of a camping enemy inside the FOB. If the HAB is being occupied by the enemy player(s), it should completely stop the timer and nobody should be able to spawn inside of it. The timer should go back to normal if the campers are killed  or leave.

 

One way to make it more realistic is to use tickets as another source of supply in the logi, being trucked into the FOB. As in logi goes to Main and loads itself with tickets instead of Ammo or Building Supplies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Caliell said:

Rather if there are enemies inside the FOB, the FOB should completely stop the count down. Ammo is meant for building offensive and defensive weapons, not to make soldiers. In real life FOBs are the staging point for the "Fresh Meat" to be sent into combat. Thus they work as intended. What is not realistic though is soldiers/players spawning into the muzzle of a camping enemy inside the FOB. If the HAB is being occupied by the enemy player(s), it should completely stop the timer and nobody should be able to spawn inside of it. The timer should go back to normal if the campers are killed  or leave.

 

One way to make it more realistic is to use tickets as another source of supply in the logi, being trucked into the FOB. As in logi goes to Main and loads itself with tickets instead of Ammo or Building Supplies.

That could work too. There has been some threads laying out some detailed concepts about this. It would be an interesting concept, risking tickets by transporting them around.

Another thing that could be interesting, is not having FOB constructions (HABs, Turrets, ATGMs etc.)disappear when you take out the FOB radio. Make it so that you have to dig up all the assets at the FOB, unless you want the enemies to launch an offensive and regain much of their FOB. Have the FOB assets be worth tickets, so that if the team who owns the FOB don't retake it, they stand to lose additional tickets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One idea I have is to allow the hab to be a modular design. You start with the initial piece, and for say 250 construction PTS a part you can expand the base. For blufor it can be big chunks that can spread out in a line or into a bigger square or l shape up to a maximum 4 pieces .. for redfor you can get the initial hab then you can place 3 tunnel exits up to 100m distance . 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2018 at 1:35 AM, Caliell said:

Perhaps even better idea is to allow to place sets of cots with sleeping bags in FOBs, which can be hidden in buildings and other areas for someone to spawn in. Easily destroyed just like rallies, and cheap or free to place. That way you can definitely create the illusion of actual FOB, if the spawns are spread out with cots and sleeping bags placed around the FOB.

Awesome idea 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×