desen

how many squad copys did you sell since release ?

My question is how long will this 5k player base stick around? I dont think beta/retail is going to draw more people in tbh. The thing i noticed about the more hardcore players in Squad, is that they come from a DF, BHD, JointOps backgrounds. Older folks thats are pretty throwback now. What draws in the younger crowd that wants instant gratification in 2019? My guess is servers max out around 10k at retail, and thats ok with me.

Edited by _randombullet

On 6/23/2018 at 5:57 PM, _randombullet said:

My question is how long will this 5k player base stick around? I dont think beta/retail is going to draw more people in tbh. The thing i noticed about the more hardcore players in Squad, is that they come from a DF, BHD, JointOps backgrounds. Older folks thats are pretty throwback now. What draws in the younger crowd that wants instant gratification in 2019? My guess is servers max out around 10k at retail, and thats ok with me.

Squad and games like it, attract a specific type of player. While I'll agree that it's often older players, I'd wager that part of that is that some people get tired of the usual FPS and look for something with a bit more meat to it, and that takes a bit of time to happen. That being said, I've enjoyed some matches lately with very capable squeakers, so it's not just old farts like me that are attracted to the game. I'm confident Squad will have a smaller, but healthy population over its life. 

I think it will be a laster as well - easy to see that from the hours the core put in. It's pretty much the only game I really play at the moment. One thing I would say, though, is that one of the things that really gave PR legs was the sheer variety and number of maps. I'm well aware of the difficulties with this, but I'd really hope the devs keep churning maps out for ages. One thing that always freshens it up for me. It's not always feasible in any game, of course, particularly with the file sizes and complexities involved now (particularly on such large maps), but I'd honestly hope for 30+ in the end. There are 15 now, which is actually a pretty good number, and we already know about Fallujah, but honestly, I really hope it's possible in the end to have something approaching the diversity of PR maps. I think randomised caps etc will make a big difference - but my hope remains.

It has been confirmed that there will be a vehicle combat map aswell, which was teased in v10's main menu. There is also that Yamalo map from the workshop by Axton that he took down after a week or so. I've got my hopes on that becoming an official map aswell.

Imho squad couldve WAY more players, what draws in the new generation is simply the ability to play a nice fps game together with your friends and have a nice time. If youre just 2 lads or 35 it doesnt matter, casual or super tryhard, any group or person who is somewhat into fps games will manage to enjoy this.

The possibilities are almost endless once every core feature is in the game.

Vehicles, Helis, Infantry (and a wide variety on how to play that), Recon, Support, Mortar, Command, etc. etc.

The question is: What is stopping people from actually enjoying the game NOW?

Lack of content, optimization, bugfixes, finished mechanics/animations, gameplay flaws, etc, etc.

I`ll just wait and see how it goes. Confident the next version will improve the gameplay a lot.

Also i dont think theres just few players in squad, 2k average players is a lot for pre alpha from an unknown company.

Pretty similar numbers to dayz actually. Even though they just dropped .63

I just want things to happen faster :(

Edited by Chew_Kok_Long

Guan, yeah - I think there will be a substantial amount more. Guess I just occasionally feel map fatigue, but I must say Kokan has grown into a map I no longer avoid in the last few months, so the changes are positive.

I guess, as a player that doesn't really have any performance issues of note, I can't see what would stop a lot of people now - ergo the numbers, I guess. It's not for everyone, to be fair. It just isn't. Some people legitimately don't want to play the way a majority will.

Yamalo and others will be good. I guess all I'm saying is that I really hope they do as much as possible to keep the maps coming.