thekillklaws

servers not showing (have tried all advice)

Hi all, i have recently purchased post scriptum and no servers would show over the entire test weekend - i then today decided to buy squad and i also now have problems as well as no servers show on that either ? i have tried all methods to get these to show such as whats on this web page https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/234684847-No-servers-in-server-browser

is there anything else i can do ? i can see the servers in steam but when i click on one and it loads into squad i am just looking at no servers and red box saying steam offline ? some help would be great as maybe this may be linked with my post scriptum woes ? and no i dont have a msi motherboard its a asus p6t V2.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and some response would be great.

Primary reason for your issue might be due to

4 hours ago, thekillklaws said:

red box saying steam offline

Please do this 

1. Make sure Steam is online - Open steam > Click "Steam" Tab to see if it's online or offline

2. Check if you are in 'Steam Beta Participation' - Open steam > Click "Steam" Tab > Go to 'Settings' > In Accounts, Opt out of Beta Participation

3.If both of steps failed to fix the issue, Open 'command Prompt' as Admin Type "netsh winsock reset" and enter. Then type "ipconfig /flushdns"

4.  Reboot the PC.

5. Run Squad

Posted (edited)

hi sam thanks for the reply, i have tried this again just now and it still doesnt work no servers are showing and red box states steam is offline, im running windows 10 pro, Nvidia 980ti i7 960 on p6t deluxe v2 board im at witts end as for what the problem is.

Edited by thekillklaws

Posted (edited)

ok so far this is what i have done.

clear cache manually - Yes

Are you not able to connect/see the server from the browser?

1. Is your connection wired or wireless? Make sure you are connected wired.

2. Right click steam > settings > in-game > look for server browser max pings / minute > set to 500 - Yes done this

Opting out of steam beta - done this

netsh winsock reset" and enter. Then type "ipconfig /flushdns" - Tried this quite a few times

IPV6 Network Disable

Firewall - Disable

i can see the servers in steam server view but when i click on a server and then squad loads it just stays on main menu and says ingame steam is offline and no servers show  ? this is trying to be played on a desktop.

i am beginning to think this is a Easy Anti Cheat problem ? seems very strange both squad and post scriptum have it and i dont see servers for either (post scriptum servers on test weekends yes i know !)

Edited by thekillklaws

Just to be safe, I need to check : There should be NO "" mark around cmd command mark 

Could you provide your ISP/Router model/ Motherboard model?

Posted (edited)

hi sam, yes when inputting the netsh winsock reset and then after that has been entered i then typed ipconfig /flushdns (without any commas etc)and pushed enter and after each phrase, it acknowledges that this been entered and runs each task providing a message that this has been completed.

My Isp is British Telecom/ Router Model is Linksys EA6900 AC1900 Simultaneous Dual-Band WiFi Broadband Router (1900Mbps, AC) ,Motherboard is Asus P6T Deluxe V2.

also not using wireless i am hard wired to the router as well.

Edited by thekillklaws

ok i have found a old post with someone saying that they had a router issue and there work around was to usb tether there phones internet and disable there internet and then log into squad. I have tried this and it still didnt work, i have installed squad now on to my alienware m17 r4 laptop and can confirm it works on there fine and has the green steam connected sign but on my desktop it doesnt ? so it cant be router issue ?

5 hours ago, thekillklaws said:

[...] i have installed squad now on to my alienware m17 r4 laptop and can confirm it works on there fine and has the green steam connected sign but on my desktop it doesnt ? so it cant be router issue ?

I would not exclude the router completely just yet.

when testing on the laptop, were you connected to the same router via wifi or cable?

the router might handle wlan and lan differently.

by testing with your laptop, you were able to narrow down what might cause the issue:

• Firewall (disabled)
  • AV Software
  • windows network configuration
  • NIC on your PC
  • Router (check for flood protection,etc...; maybe hard reset the router?)
  • ISP (works with laptop)

Posted (edited)

ok I'm running standard windows 10 firewall on both laptop and Desktop and are both fairly new system wipes

Antivirus is also windows 10 own program.

windows network configuration both running auto to connect to router- also used a dmz ip to just check it wasn't dynamic causing problems

NIC - I did wonder maybe is it the Ethernet card but once I used my phones 4g to run its own internet to test the game that theory has gone as it didn't work.

Router - yes I will look into flood protection and hard reset router just bizarre I have this problem with post scriptum and squad on the desktop

Laptop is connected via Wifi - killer wireless network adapter - Desktop is hard wired 

Edited by thekillklaws

Posted (edited)

my desktop ethernet controller is a Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller - firmwares up to date

the routers firmware is also up to date.

Edited by thekillklaws

hi I have reset the router and still no luck also tried changing MTU from auto to manual but still doesn't work.

i dont understand howi still can not find servers and no response from devs ? i have tried ingame for 4 hours to get this working. i cant see how this game is any different from battlefield 1 or Ro 2 vietnam which i find servers in easily.

ok checking my router it has these firewall options. ipv4 spi firewall - (just disabled) ipv6 spi firewall (just disabled)

internet filters- filter anonymous internet requests (was active but now disabled)

have tried this and still no change ingame states its still offline :(

i thought i would add that i contacted support for this problem they suggested i try these

try uninstalling both your network drivers and reinstalling them with the latest for both?
I would look at this first, and then if that doesn't work

I would look at repairing windows with this command:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

i have completed both of these and still doesnt work ? anyone else with similar problems ?

On 6/26/2018 at 6:14 AM, thekillklaws said:

i thought i would add that i contacted support for this problem they suggested i try these

try uninstalling both your network drivers and reinstalling them with the latest for both?
I would look at this first, and then if that doesn't work

I would look at repairing windows with this command:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

i have completed both of these and still doesnt work ? anyone else with similar problems ?

Was this from OWI support? 

If not, please open a ticket with OWI support at [email protected]

On 6/21/2018 at 5:21 AM, thekillklaws said:

i am beginning to think this is a Easy Anti Cheat problem ? seems very strange both squad and post scriptum have it and i dont see servers for either (post scriptum servers on test weekends yes i know !)

You can try to run the game without EAC option... If it is EAC issue ; you will be able to see the servers but won't be able to join one(at least we know it's EAC to blame at that point if that happens..)

Please do ^ before opening a ticket with OWI ; if it still shows no server without EAC - Refer this thread in the email 

hi sam i uninstalled EAC and then loaded up squad through steam it said steams offline and no servers show still :( i tried the other 2 exe. files in squad folder too.

this still doesnt work so far not impressed, laptop can run it but i use pc and steam offline yet i see servers in steams own server browser ? how can this be but the game says offline in red ?

Did you open cmd.exe as admin priv when I instructed you for ''how-to' in Server-offline error fix? 

It is not uncommon to see the servers thru steam server browser but not in-game when this happens, please contact your ISP and see if they are blocking any ports 

2 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

this still doesnt work so far not impressed, laptop can run it but i use pc and steam offline yet i see servers in steams own server browser ? how can this be but the game says offline in red ?

Could you clarify what you mean by this?

Do you mean that in your house you have a Desktop PC and a laptop, and when you try to play squad on the laptop, it works just fine (server browser) but has bad performance... but when you try playing on your desktop PC it doesn't show anything in the server browser?

the laptop is capable of running it ie Alienware m17 r4 with gtx 980 and runs without a problem but when trying to run on my desktop computer which is more powerful ingame there is no servers showing and there is writing saying steam is offline in red ?and has been like this since i have owned the game and orignally intended for it to be played on my desktop not laptop but i can see servers in steams server view. how can this game differ from all the others i play on this desktop ? i dont have issues with the likes of arma 3 etc but the strange thing is squad i have no servers show and the other title Post scriptum i have no servers show

On 10/07/2018 at 1:25 AM, samwiseOrigin said:

It is not uncommon to see the servers thru steam server browser but not in-game when this happens, please contact your ISP and see if they are blocking any ports 

Isp cant be blocking ports my laptop is using same network and router and runs fine my conclusion its somthing on the pc which blocks squad and scriptum but what i dont know. the only thing i could try now is a new network adapter ? im kinda running out of options as this was a fresh wipe for windows 10 so i only installed office 365, outlook, discord, steam, origin not like its a 2 year windows install

3 hours ago, thekillklaws said:

Isp cant be blocking ports my laptop is using same network and router and runs fine

While you do have a fair point, I don't know much about it so I'd say it's better be safe than sorry...

Also have you opened a ticket with OWI regarding this?
If not, open it by emailing [email protected] tell him your problem/what we have tried 

Hey guys!

I had the same problem, no servers appears in server browser except one or two sometimes (for post scriptum but it could be the same). So I searched a long time to find a way, trying to uninstall things etc etc.

Then I tried one thing : I turned my modem from Router to Bridge and then it worked!

For information I use a modem from french internet provider SFR, made for optic fiber.

If it can help someone! :)

Have a nice game!