carousel_image.jpg

Hey Soldiers,

We've released an update containing a variety of fixes, including one for everyone's most-hated bandage bug. In addition to that, some values have changed, some crashes should be gone, and some fences behave more like fences. Dig in!

Patch Notes

• Fixed bandaging failing due to desync between client and server. Now there is a point in the animation after which it can't be canceled anymore to ensure the bandaging gets complete.
  • Fixed mods not loading if a clean installation of Squad was performed.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to equip a role from the wrong team.
  • Fixed a crash on updating the role availability.
  • Fixed a crash on staging zone end.
  • Fixed AntiAliasing being forced disabled when 'low' graphics preset is selected
  • Fixed several vehicles seat configurations for driver and gunners on appropriate vehicles
  • Removed turn limits on the Dshk tripod and Technical Dshk
  • Fixed incorrect zeroing numbers on the Russian RPG7 Tandem
  • Increased Invasion ticket flag gain from 50 to 60
  • Updated starting tickets on the AAS layers of Belaya, Gorodok, Kohat and Yehorivka
  • Op Fight Light AAS - changed MIL to RU, tweaked flag zone sizes
  • Fixed South Basrah flag on Basrah Invasion v2
  • Fixed flag names on Narva Invasion v2
  • Sumari INF v1 - fixed MIL Mainbase naming
  • Fixed transparent fences on Yehorivka
  • Increase HAB cost from 400 to 500
  • Decrease Militia Hideout cost from 300 to 250
  • Decrease INS Hideout cost from 250 to 100
  • Increase Vehicle Repair Station cost (except insurgent) from 300 to 500
  • Increase Mortar cost (except insurgent) from 250 to 300

middle_separator.png

Be sure to let us know how the changes feel! We'd love to have them just right for the upcoming free weekend starting on Thursday, June 21!

Posted (edited)

Alpha 11.2

16 JUNE - NORBY
Time to patch these pesky bandages!

Changenotes:
  • Fixed bandaging failing due to desync between client and server. Now there is a point in the animation after which it can't be canceled anymore to ensure the bandaging gets complete.
Edited by CptDirty
It wasn't actually in the change notes, Gatzby

2 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Alpha 11.2

16 JUNE - NORBY
Time to patch these pesky bandages!

Changenotes:

Doh, I accidentally a tag. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Gatzby said:

I accidentally a tag

Accidentally a-what? lol

np...

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, LazyTitanium said:

what about optimization ?

im running this game on low 40 fps with a gtx 1060    ; ( 

"GTX 1060" So what? Your pc is only as good as the weakest part in it.. You can have a GTX 1080ti and still get 40 fps if you have a shitty processor.

Edited by Guan_Yu007

1 hour ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

"GTX 1060" So what? Your pc is only as good as the weakest part in it.. You can have a GTX 1080ti and still get 40 fps if you have a shitty processor.

His question about optimization is legit.

59 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

To be honest .... Even great processors can't run the game with soild 60 fps ... But i am patient with the performance improvements , i just hope , for the sake of god , please don't let the bad performance thing something that will just be accepted by the community like in Arma , i don't mind even making the gsme look like Fortnite if it means we'll get smooth gameplay .

4 hours ago, L0cation said:

To be honest .... Even great processors can't run the game with soild 60 fps ... But i am patient with the performance improvements , i just hope , for the sake of god , please don't let the bad performance thing something that will just be accepted by the community like in Arma , i don't mind even making the gsme look like Fortnite if it means we'll get smooth gameplay .

My cpu runs it pretty well with 60 fps, it's not the best cpu out there either, I7 6700K. I'm generally very patient with the performance improvements aswell, since Fortnite became populair, the Unreal Engine has had some major updates and improvements, this can only go well for squad. Now if the game is fully released and still runs with many performance issues, i'd agree with the complaints, tho i'd like for the graphics to improve aswell, since let's be honest they are still not the best that this engine can do. Eventually i hope that Squad will look better, and run better.

4 hours ago, Bahrein said:

It is, yeah, but as long as the game has not reached it's beta stage yet i wouldn't bother too much with it.

On 25.6.2018 at 1:16 PM, Bahrein said:

Definitely legit. My whole clan stopped playing now, since some maps are unplayable, even with a decent system. Nobody is willing to buy the best hardware for a game, that does not look roughly up to date. The developers should be only focussed on optimisation from now on. Until then, one might better play PR.

1 hour ago, matzejo said:

Definitely legit. My whole clan stopped playing now, since some maps are unplayable, even with a decent system. Nobody is willing to buy the best hardware for a game, that does not look roughly up to date. The developers should be only focussed on optimisation from now on. Until then, one might better play PR.

Well i do agree with you there.

I have problems as well that i did not had before laging and so on.My enjoyment the game is not the same as before.

Optimization was promised for us and we are waiting for that while stll playing it.

Free weekend was not successfull as it have could been since high ping,low fps,and laging was problems for many free weekend players i was talking with.Put in tanks maybe helicopters,optimize and then free weekend that would work.

2 hours ago, matzejo said:

The developers should be only focussed on optimisation from now on. Until then, one might better play PR.

There's no point fully optimizing a game without all it's systems in place. You could spend time working on a full optimization patch, then focus on the next patch with new content and systems after - then when that patch releases it has the potential to cause issues with pre-existing things, meaning you have to re-optimize things you have done already previously, which ends up wasting time a resources - and still aren't guaranteed peak performance as things are constantly changing or being added.

Each patch has small optimizations done, every so often larger optimization is done to fix key performance issues and tidy up a few areas(v8 and v10 for example needed optimization due to performance issues with system changes). 

Posted (edited)

V11 runs miles better than V10 did for me anyways, so they are slowely working on some optimisation. People forget that this is early access. Now some people might disagree with this being a valid reason, but it is. All we do currently is testing the game for the developers so that they know how to take the next step in their development program for the next versions. For most people i play with the game doesn't run perfectly no, but it runs well enough for now while new content is still being added.

Edited by Guan_Yu007

Complete two goals in my opinion and the game is absolutely fantastic. 

1. Optimisation, cause there is never too much optimisation.

2. More textures on the maps (furniture, trash on the ground, bottles etc) Eye candy stuff. 

bonus: maybe weapon/character customization and sound echoes inside the buildings?

Have a great day everybody 

The bandaging update is gonna be super useful, great to see its not all about spamming new content and forgetting to polish whats already there. GJ devs!

Will they add a dragging and carrying animation of injured teammates,also make some kinda steps of being injured,for example on of them:you injured and can't walk,only proning on your spine and you can shoot at this time,also why medic is dragging you?

6 hours ago, BODDII said:

Will they add a dragging and carrying animation of injured teammates,also make some kinda steps of being injured,for example on of them:you injured and can't walk,only proning on your spine and you can shoot at this time,also why medic is dragging you?

The designers are currently investigating ways of making the incapacitated state a little more interesting, the first steps of which you may have read about as the spawn system/rally point changes coming up, alongside the medic and revive changes. Dragging is likely to be looked at again after our initial 1.0 release, but as you've noted, we do have the animations for it.

Soo how long until I can fly jets and helicopters!?!?!?!?
:P

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

V12 is still months away apparently. I'm hoping for another recap.

Where did you get months from? I've never heard that. They have stated that they were in the testing and bug crashing phase of Alpha 12 when they did there Squad chat. They also said that they will give us a soft launch to test out Alpha 12 to squish some more bugs like they did in Alpha 11. So it won't be too long now. I will say "three weeks" until launch! ;) Also they said that a recap is coming anytime this week. :D

Edited by WarEagle751

43 minutes ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

V12 is still months away apparently. I'm hoping for another recap.

Phuuu. I hoping for new content, now.

they are crushing bugs now, so not months away, more like weeks away

I'd say in about 2-4 weeks from now