Sign in to follow this  
DesertTigerTR

Performance and Graphical Suffering

Hi, I am starting this thread to figure out if this performance issue is common or am I doing something wrong. My specs are below:

- CPU : i7 8700k

- GPU : 1080 Ti

- Ram : 16gb 3000mhz

I am getting below 60 fps on most maps for ultra graphic settings.

Also even with highest AA setting things at medium to long range are all mixed up and look like pixelated. So its hard to tell if there is an enemy inside a bush or not.

Other thing is, from some distance, lets say from 200m, some objects or  top part of terrain become invisible. I was at Belaya and firing at enemy squad and couldn't hit any of them with BRDM-2 after moving 50m towards them I realized there was an object that blocks my fire which become visible after I move closer. Same thing for hilltops. If you have some distance from a hill you can see through top part. This is a issue of LOD probably and necessary for performance but ruining the game.

5 hours ago, DesertTigerTR said:

Also even with highest AA setting things at medium to long range are all mixed up and look like pixelated. So its hard to tell if there is an enemy inside a bush or not.

On this point, I know it sounds dumb but the game actually looks clearer/better without AA at all in my experience. Give it a try!

5 hours ago, DesertTigerTR said:

Other thing is, from some distance, lets say from 200m, some objects or  top part of terrain become invisible. I was at Belaya and firing at enemy squad and couldn't hit any of them with BRDM-2 after moving 50m towards them I realized there was an object that blocks my fire which become visible after I move closer. Same thing for hilltops. If you have some distance from a hill you can see through top part. This is a issue of LOD probably and necessary for performance but ruining the game.

I haven't played v11.1 & 11.2 but the "invisible objects" thing was not my experience in v3 - v11, so something might be messed up with your graphics cache or settings or something. The object culling that I've seen has always been at like 1000+ meters so far... although it's not impossible that someone screwed up and the cull distance on certain objects is set way too low. In the future if you get a chance, having a captured video of the object and where on the map it was can help the developers track down those kinds of problems. 

Posted (edited)

- CPU : i7 5820k

- GPU : Strix 980 Ti

- Ram : 64gb 2800mhz

- Resolution : 1920x1080

Last time I play, on an 80 player servers (depend on the map) FPS were 70/90 with drops to 40/45.

It's strange because your 8700K have a clock frequency of 4,7 GHz and game like Squad have a great benefit on this (since they use 2 cores at max).

At what resolution do you play ?

Did you try to "play" with graphic setting ? (usually it does not change the FPS except for one parameter, but I don't remember the name)

And standard question: Did you clear your cache ?

Edited by eagon89

3 minutes ago, eagon89 said:

- CPU : i7 5820k

- GPU : Strix 980 Ti

- Ram : 64gb 2800mhz

- Resolution : 1920x1080

Last time I play, on an 80 player servers (depend on the map) FPS were 70/90 with drops to 40/45.

It's strange because your 8700K have a clock frequency of 4,7 GHz and game like Squad have a great benefit on this (since they use 2 cores at max).

At what resolution do you play ?

Did you try to "play" with graphic setting ? (usually it does not change the FPS except for one parameter, but I don't remember the name)

And standard question: Did you clear your cache ?

I am playing at resolution of 1920x1080. I am not after to get 60fps with low graphical settings while I have this kind of setup if I can do it. I am just asking is this normal. Also I did not cleared cache if you mean the clear cache setting under the settings menu.

4 minutes ago, DesertTigerTR said:

I am playing at resolution of 1920x1080. I am not after to get 60fps with low graphical settings while I have this kind of setup if I can do it. I am just asking is this normal. Also I did not cleared cache if you mean the clear cache setting under the settings menu.

Damn you have a meat machine and can't get 60... mmm... set apart the fact that I'm really sorry I think that no, is not normal for a PC with this spec to don't reach it at 1920x1080 resolution. You should get more for sure

Now I remember the graph setting that can hit the FPS, the "super sampling" parameter

Posted (edited)

Short version:

antialiasing  = TAA, effects NOT on ultra (mine is on high) & don't use Vsync.

Enjoy.

OR - Read this thread....

Edited by Chris Tud

4 hours ago, Chris Tud said:

Short version:

antialiasing  = TAA, effects NOT on ultra (mine is on high) & don't use Vsync.

Enjoy.

OR - Read this thread....

AA settings do not impact that much. AA in this game do nothnig much and require super sampling and super sampling impact 30-50 fps on ultra depending on map.

I run a Intel i7-7700, Geforce GTX 1070, 16gig DDR4 and install is on a SSD. My monitor is a Acer Predator 27" IPS 165hz refresh rate. I run 2560x1440 resolution.

Anti Alias is off

Super Sampling is off

All other settings are highest setting other than the one that is cinematic which i do not run.

My frames are a consistent 60