DesertTigerTR

No Sound Problem After 11.2

Hi, after 11.2 update I have no sound issue. Every time few minutes after I joined the game all of the sounds gone and need to restart the game. I have had this issue before but not this frequent and solved after next patch. Everything is up to date on my pc. Are there anyone having the same issue?

On 6/18/2018 at 4:37 AM, DesertTigerTR said:

few minutes after I joined the game all of the sounds gone and need to restart

Do you mean game itself just quit outputing the Sound System or your headset stops working?

Have you verify the game thru steam?

What kind of headset do you use?

I am having the same issue, after a random period of time the sounds cuts out like a rapid fade down sometimes if someone is talking as its happening all sounds but the mic will drop until they stop talking then no more sound at all. Sometimes the environment track is still playing so I can hear the water and wind.

3 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

Do you mean game itself just quit outputing the Sound System or your headset stops working?

I dont believe the issue is hardware side. It seems the some if not all the files needed to play sounds fail. Sometimes you can still get the environment sounds like water and chirps. Been happening since the update.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

I forgot to mention that I already verified the game through Steam and also checked whether headset gone full mute or just game and it turn out just the game. I have Logitech G430.

Edited by DesertTigerTR

Have you folks run Windows Update recently?

One of the last updates reset default sound devices for many, many users, which has caused problems in programs that otherwise detect those for use: Unreal Engine, OpenBroadcastStudio, etc. In some cases, the programs are unable to detect the old device.

The good news is, setting your device choices again should resolve it. If that doesn't do it, and the help here doesn't fix it, you can email [email protected] for further assistance.

17 minutes ago, Gatzby said:

Have you folks run Windows Update recently?

One of the last updates reset default sound devices for many, many users, which has caused problems in programs that otherwise detect those for use: Unreal Engine, OpenBroadcastStudio, etc. In some cases, the programs are unable to detect the old device.

The good news is, setting your device choices again should resolve it. If that doesn't do it, and the help here doesn't fix it, you can email [email protected] for further assistance.

I am also remembering changing to my monitor's speakers and go back to headset but no difference.

Logitech was known to be screw with Squad last time I checked, 

Please follow Gatzby's advise and set up your mic to default 

at the same time please follow this thread's instruction and see if it helps

Its not that the headset isn't working its at a random point, could be 5 minutes could be 1 hour the sound will strip out of the game rapidly most of the time leaving ambient sounds still going. If someone is using the mic while the sound disappears their mic sound still comes through until they stop communication then nothing else until the game is restarted sometimes needed to verify game data to fix. This is all while my headset has been functional and can play audio and record on mic fine. windows is updated, drivers are updated.

1 hour ago, MattyTee said:

Does the person who creates a thread only get a response or something?

Nope. However Since you have created another topic, I will pinch in that topic from now on 

For both of you : Are you able to use another headset, if possible, to test out whether the game system is not working or just the headset?

Just now, samwiseOrigin said:

Nope. However Since you have created another topic, I will pinch in that topic from now on 

For both of you : Are you able to use another headset, if possible, to test out whether the game system is not working or just the headset?

Shweeeet.
No other headsets for me but speakers do the same. Headsets function perfectly can even play music while in game and it happens too.

On 6/21/2018 at 3:56 PM, samwiseOrigin said:

Anything else to try? It seems to be the exact same thing that happens when you go deaf from an explosion without the ringing. Just rapid fade down but never comes back without restarting the game sometimes also verifying cache. Its game breaking for me, start a squad 30 minutes pass and have to restart and wait in que again.

On 6/21/2018 at 3:56 PM, samwiseOrigin said:

Are we meant to be speaking to someone else or posting this else where to get help? Like the dev team or something? I see other threads popping up with the same issue.

7 hours ago, beginna said:

@MattyTee, contact official OWI support:

[email protected]

I would have thought help would come through this so others can find the solution too since quiet a few have had the issue.
Thanks though.

Ill make another post here with any fix i guess..

7 hours ago, MattyTee said:

I would have thought help would come through this so others can find the solution too since quiet a few have had the issue.

That's ok.

Some (already known) problems can be analyzed and resolved relatively quickly with the help of the community within the forum/discord/reddit/Twitter/whatever...

Some problems, however, are more persistent. - there is no known quick fix. Therefore, it is definitely helpful if the person also contact a central contact person. In this case OWI support. [email protected]

It is important that the responsible authorities recognize, categorize, prioritize, delegate and finally respond to the incoming support tickets.

If a problem occurs more frequently over a period of time, one can assume, that finding a solution is prioritized.

27 minutes ago, beginna said:

That's ok.

Some (already known) problems can be analyzed and resolved relatively quickly with the help of the community within the forum/discord/reddit/Twitter/whatever...

Some problems, however, are more persistent. - there is no known quick fix. Therefore, it is definitely helpful if the person also contact a central contact person. In this case OWI support. [email protected]

It is important that the responsible authorities recognize, categorize, prioritize, delegate and finally respond to the incoming support tickets.

If a problem occurs more frequently over a period of time, one can assume, that finding a solution is prioritized.

Fair enough bud. Thanks for the response.

Im trying a full reinstall, if it happen again afterwards ill drop an email.

Matt