4 hours ago, Sparcany said:

After this latest steam update from valve which is causing a major disruption in the VOIP world...

Care to elaborate?

Good to know! Thanks!

Now if we can just get Discord to track game libraries, we'll have some real competition going on.

1 hour ago, Gatzby said:

Good to know! Thanks!

Now if we can just get Discord to track game libraries, we'll have some real competition going on.

I don't know how discord is going to be able to compete with the new steam update.

1 hour ago, Sparcany said:

I don't know how discord is going to be able to compete with the new steam update.

Well, so far I don't care for it - we'll see how it improves through beta. Discord is fairly well established and I'd be surprised to see communities leave it for Steam unless they really step up with the feature set.

2 minutes ago, Dennisz125 said:

Where's Teamspeak 4?

Only able to install on Windows 9

On 6/14/2018 at 10:19 AM, Sparcany said:

After this latest steam update from valve which is causing a major disruption in the VOIP world teamspeak has announced a new version to replace teamspeak 3. Teamspeak 5 is set to be released by the end of 2018. Here's a few relevant links: 

Do you know how long it took the TS team to release TS3? it was a disaster and took 5 years or so from when they stated click baiting ppl.

I expect TS5 will be out around 2023.

On 6/15/2018 at 2:06 AM, Gatzby said:

Good to know! Thanks!

Discord is puss, its designed for kids with no redeeming features.

3 hours ago, v76 said:

Do you know how long it took the TS team to release TS3? it was a disaster and took 5 years or so from when they stated click baiting ppl.

I expect TS5 will be out around 2023.

Discord is puss, its designed for kids with no redeeming features.

Ha these are good points.

Discord is puss? What? Sorry but i much prefer Discord way over teamspeak. In Discord you don't have to be in voice constantly while still being able to follow what's going on. If you've been away for a few days you can literally read back everything you missed, like in Skype group chat. With TS you can't be on different servers at the same time, keeping in touch with multiple communities easily. In general i think TS is also just shit to use compared to Discord.

Anyways, i highly doubt TS5 will bring that much that we don't already have on Discord. If it does, i might get it, but so far count me out lol.

SteamChat looks like a pretty decent competitor to Discord, at least to keep people playing on Steam.

TeamSpeak 5.... meh.

Not to be off-topic but here's my two cent on a new Steam group. It's basically like Discord, but for the people who don't have Discord account.

On 7/26/2018 at 12:49 PM, Dennisz125 said:

Not to be off-topic but here's my two cent on a new Steam group. It's basically like Discord, but for the people who don't have Discord account.

Heh, you're not wrong, but the "won't use Discord, but have Steam" market is pretty huge.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted (edited)

People who hate on Discord generally tend to be old crusty luddites or just edgy teens and NEETs who are clinging onto TS because theyd rather be able to have one more 'mainstrean' thing to hate on.

TS3 is great, I also really like Discord. The new Steam update sadly has taken a lot of design inspiration from Discord. I wouldve liked to see a little more unique VALVe design shine through.

Its undeniable Steam (and now TS) have seen the success of Discord and have realized maybe its time to stop being so lazy about their VOIP clients. 

Edited by IRONXBAY