PandaWithaGun

[Solved] Squad Failed To Allocate a Texture/ not enough (memory leak)?

So I've been having a issue recently where mid match my game crashes due to it trying to allocate a texutre and it doesnt have enough memory. I asked some people and they listed the following possible fixes:

-Turn preload texture off (Mine was already off)
-Verify game cache (did that nothing missing)
-Not enough memory. (I have 12 gigs and a 1060. This only became a problem in the past few days. I got back into Squad roughly 5 days ago and already put 30 some hours into it. These problems came up in the past two hours. )

I also reinstalled the game once and that did not fix the issue. I also have nothing else in my launch options as that tends to make some textures flicker for some reason. However that is a unrelated issue I am pretty sure.

I was told that I wasn't the only person having this issue, so I wanted to ask if anyone was experiencing this and if anyone had any suggestions for a fix.

Thanks for taking a look, any and all help is apperciated.

Panda

Repost from Steam discussion. 

On 6/13/2018 at 3:01 AM, Psyrus said:

I saw a post about making at least a 16GB page file helped a guy with similar issues. Not sure if it's the same though

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/32512-gpu-memory-issue/?do=findComment&comment=330119

So I fixed the issue.

My virtual memory/paging file was set to a number that I think I messed with a long time ago. Checking the option to automatically  manage paging file size on all drives fixed it. Haven't had a crash since. (Other than when I tab out on map change) 

Thanks none the less 

That's great to hear! Thanks for reporting back so we can direct others to this post for future reference