Sign in to follow this  
YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife

How do you use the Russian 30mm Optics?

15 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

The Russian 30mm optic is pretty complicated, I have no idea what the Cyrillic means or why the range lines go climb above the delta optic instead of below. Can I get some help?

look man , must players don't know this kind of stuff either , what you should usally do with every type of weapon is that : as soon as you spot a target just  aim dirctly at him , or slightly above ( depending on the distance ) start firing  and do small micro adjustments accordingly , you have not only the impact visual effects , but also every 3rd round is a tracer round , these two things with a combination of an automatic muscle memory you will develop by just player here and there is more than enough .....

I'll be honest with you , in my opinion zeroing for must weapons is just an eye candy in my opinion , most people don't care nor have the time to put into actually using it , but at the same time i don't mind it being there if more advanced players can take advantage of that .

2 hours ago, L0cation said:

look man , must players don't know this kind of stuff either , what you should usally do with every type of weapon is that : as soon as you spot a target just  aim dirctly at him , or slightly above ( depending on the distance ) start firing  and do small micro adjustments accordingly , you have not only the impact visual effects , but also every 3rd round is a tracer round , these two things with a combination of an automatic muscle memory you will develop by just player here and there is more than enough .....

I'll be honest with you , in my opinion zeroing for must weapons is just an eye candy in my opinion , most people don't care nor have the time to put into actually using it , but at the same time i don't mind it being there if more advanced players can take advantage of that .

When you have time to engage the target because they haven't spotted you, there is no reason not to get it's distance. This was the case when I realized I wanted help, on Kohat where I saw an enemy Warrior across the valley.

throw some screenshots in. If we cant work it out someone will chime in with the correct way.

Real bad at ranging myself, especially with those reticles, but been reading around. I think this has been one of the more helpful resources for me: https://wikivisually.com/wiki/Stadiametric_rangefinding (normal wiki a little less so: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadiametric_rangefinding)

Hehe, interesting to know, even if I don't start shooting better.