Sign in to follow this  
Lucerious

Armored Technical

Hey all,

Newbie to Squad here.

While playing around in the shooting range I noticed that the armored technicals doors, armor plates, etc are all penetrated by even intermediate caliber rounds. Is there some sort of balance reason for that?

Seems rather silly. Like... what's the point?

Jensens range is home to a few bugs and glitches, and is different to actual live server play.

I just tested your issue, it seems it visually shows penetration occurs with entry and exit holes, but makes the ricochet sound when shooting the armored plates - It would be a bug isolated to Jensens range. In-game, in an actual live server, it'll be different as I have seen armored techies shot up by small arms countless times, with the occupants remaining alive.

16 hours ago, Dubs said:

Jensens range is home to a few bugs and glitches, and is different to actual live server play.

I just tested your issue, it seems it visually shows penetration occurs with entry and exit holes, but makes the ricochet sound when shooting the armored plates - It would be a bug isolated to Jensens range. In-game, in an actual live server, it'll be different as I have seen armored techies shot up by small arms countless times, with the occupants remaining alive.

I still see un armored techies shot up by small arms fire and the occupants surviving. They seem to have bulletproof glass and open windows. 

In the test range map the armored tecnical is also broken in the amount of damage it can take from heavy arms fire (like the 30mm ) , if you try to shoot it with it you see that it will go down much faster than the regular techie .

We're investigating an issue with the armored techies taking a little less punishment than their counterparts, but it sounds like it may be Jensen's Range being weird in this case. We'll keep looking though. =)