Sign in to follow this  
XAHTEP39

Degtyaryov MG for Militia

Posted (edited)

I think, that M249 for Militia is a placeholder. Militia is a collective image of Balkan, East Europe, Ukraine, Caucasus irregular formations, so the M249 in their hands is rarely weapon (like a trophy). Weapon-storages of East Europe contain many Degtyaryov MGs.

For second Automatic Rifleman kit (instead M249), I suggest:

or

1) DP-27 (DPM) , 7.62*54, 47 bullets drum.

It is transitional MG between RPK (7.62*39, 40 bullets) and PKM (7.62*54, 100 bullets). DP-27 has heavy bullet like as PKM, but has twice less round-mag like as RPK.

or

2) RPD, 7.62*39, 100 bullets drum.

It has big rounds-mag like as PKM (100 bullets), but less powerfull bullets as RPK (7.62*39).

Edited by XAHTEP39

Militia are too well equipped to be using something like a DP-27 in my opinion. The RPD would fit Insurgents but I don't think they see much use in Eastern Europe.

I disagree that the M249 shouldn't be used by Militia. It and the M4 not only give the faction some interesting flavour but add some context to the fight they're in, if they're against NATO then the weapons are probably looted, if against Russia then supplied by NATO and if they're against Insurgents then the weapons come from government support.