Jump to content
MadJohnMadnesS

Help me find a PC

Recommended Posts

Hallo.I want to buy a gaming pc.I am interested in games like Squad,Arma,Battlefield...However,there is a problem.I'm totally clueless in PC's.So l will not be able to build pc on my own.Will have to buy some pc from ebuy(it seems that there are the best prices).Can someone take a quick look in the ebuy and suggest me what might be the best option for around 1500£.I want to play on 4k so l will need some pc with GTX1080TI graphic card.That's all l know.I have no clue what's SSD or core is?And whether l need them?So please help someone to find me a pc.Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MadJohnMadnesS said:

Hallo.I want to buy a gaming pc.I am interested in games like Squad,Arma,Battlefield...However,there is a problem.I'm totally clueless in PC's.So l will not be able to build pc on my own.Will have to buy some pc from ebuy(it seems that there are the best prices).Can someone take a quick look in the ebuy and suggest me what might be the best option for around 1500£.I want to play on 4k so l will need some pc with GTX1080TI graphic card.That's all l know.I have no clue what's SSD or core is?And whether l need them?So please help someone to find me a pc.Thanks in advance.

Read this, it shows you all the components and gives some advice on building a gaming rig.  Also, google how to build your own gaming pc.  Good luck.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/how-to-build-a-gaming-pc.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

These days you'd be better off buying a pre-built system rather than build your own. I bought a new rig about 8 month's ago. Generally i buy parts and build my own but after selecting the parts i realized that i would be paying more doing it that way vs. buying a prebuilt system. So i bought an Aegis 3 by MSI.

 

You need a pc to run Squad. Plus you will want to be able to play for sevreal years without needing any serious upgrading. So with that said i would buy yourself a intel i7-7700 cpu and a motherboard to house it. Motherboard with on board 7.1 surround and ethernet. You are going to need 16 gigs of DDR4 ram. You will need a geforce gtx 1070 graphix card. I would say the 1080 but they are too expensive. You will need a 500gb nvme solid state drive. Plus a 2 or 3 tb 7200rpm standard HDD. 

You get that stuff you will be ready to play anything out there currently with decent graphics settings.

 

And fyi, a prebuilt pc with those spec's will run you in the $2100cdn price tag. If you are in the u.s maybe $1500us.

Edited by Minipops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Building your own is more rewarding and gives you experience and knowledge and you will know how to upgrade when needed and not ever pay anyone to fix it if something goes wrong with one of the components.  Master your own destiny and I say build your own, much more rewarding in long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, XRobinson said:

Building your own is more rewarding and gives you experience and knowledge and you will know how to upgrade when needed and not ever pay anyone to fix it if something goes wrong with one of the components.  Master your own destiny and I say build your own, much more rewarding in long run.

I see your point, but it's not always that way. 

Many a DIY PC builder got it wrong, and had to call in a professional. You also need  time and the ability to focus and research.

Personally I never found it that rewarding, and even though I can build my own I elected not to last build. Mostly due to the above reasons but also down to warranty - my system comes with 3 year remote and on-site support has needed all labour covered. (I've used the remote service a couple of times and it's been good).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a first PC I'd buy a pre-built from a good name custom builder unless you have a friend who'll help you. The fact you're asking for help here leads me to think you'd be doing it by yourself.

 

If your PC is just going to be used for gaming go for a fast Intel cpu like i5-6700k, i7-7700k, i5-7600k or i7-8700k. Gaming is still very reliant on CPU speed more than core count although that is slowly changing so having extra cores now maybe a wise choice. The advantage of the Intel k chips is the extra speed you'll get from overclocking them which helps them beat AMD in gaming. If you plan to stream while gaming or any task that will take advantage of multi cores you should seriously consider AMD Ryzen chips. They might not have the outright performance of overclocked Intel chips but they're close enough but in those multi core applications they kick Intel butt with their high core count.

 

Spec a machine with 16gb DDR4 3200mhz ram. It's the sweet spot for gaming these day. You'll want to take advantage of the multi channel memory access where the cpu can read multiple sticks of memory simultaneously. This boosts memory throughput. 2x 8gb would be my choice and still leave room for possible memory increase later.

 

I wouldn't go back to using a non solid state drive as my main OS drive as the responsiveness of the PC is vastly improved over old HDD technology. I wouldn't worry too much about going for a nvme over a regular SATA SSD if money is a factor. Nvme drives cost quite a bit more than their SATA equivalent for not much difference in noticeable speed. Yes is nice to know but your going to notice a lack of storage space more than any speed advantage. Go a 500gb SSD or nvme (if you can justify the price). You can easily add more storage options later yourself. Keep in mind 500gb isn't very big these days. Win10 will eat up 50gb with its install and page files and games are coming in around 30gb so that 500gb and your usage may have you adding another drive sooner than you might think.

 

The gtx 1080ti is a great card but even it will struggle to get high fps at 4k without turning down the eye candy. Currently there isn't anything better unless you go for a Titan and they're even more ridiculously priced.

 

Make sure your PC has a decent brand PSU and at least 600w. PSUs are a very important component in a stressed PC and going cheap can lead to lots of problems. The biggest consumers of power are CPU (especially when overclocked) and GPU. A 600w PSU will give you some headroom for future additional hardware. I wouldn't be tempted to add say a 1000w as that's just overkill unless I planned to add a 2nd 1080ti and go sli.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we got google and internet to help us solve most troubleshooting problems with pc building and everything else, DIY.  Search box always got me to a solution and when it doesn't which, is rare then call the pro or best friend who is a pro. Before you know it, you are becoming the pro.  Personally I have built all my computers from 486's on.  And never once took one in for repair or service.  How much did I save by DIY? Thousands? Hundreds? The pain of time and energy is worth it even if at the time of pain is doesn't seem like it. The pain passes and the sun rises again.  :) Hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MadJohnMadnesS said:

Hallo.I want to buy a gaming pc.I am interested in games like Squad,Arma,Battlefield...However,there is a problem.I'm totally clueless in PC's.So l will not be able to build pc on my own.Will have to buy some pc from ebuy(it seems that there are the best prices).Can someone take a quick look in the ebuy and suggest me what might be the best option for around 1500£.I want to play on 4k so l will need some pc with GTX1080TI graphic card.That's all l know.I have no clue what's SSD or core is?And whether l need them?So please help someone to find me a pc.Thanks in advance.

Im too lazy right now to look at EU money and market but in the US $1500 does nothing to get a 1080ti, even if you build a pc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, OVKHuman said:

Im too lazy right now to look at EU money and market but in the US $1500 does nothing to get a 1080ti, even if you build a pc

You might want to have a look at recent prices then.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pgsC8Y

That build doesn't have OS, monitor etc though and is using some cheaper end components but should be a very nice gaming machine. He could probably pick up a 8700k and still be under £1500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get a pre-built PC in USA with 1080Ti for around 2000USD (~1500 pound). A 4k monitor is another 400USD.

 

You will not be able to buy a pre-built computer with a 1080Ti and buy a 4k monitor for 1500 pound.

 

Consider a GTX 1070 and a 1440p monitor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Graphics cards are overpriced from the last cryptocurrency bubble. Consider waiting a few months for the new generation of graphics cards to be released by nvidia and amd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2018 at 9:13 AM, Major Trouble said:

You might want to have a look at recent prices then.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/pgsC8Y

That build doesn't have OS, monitor etc though and is using some cheaper end components but should be a very nice gaming machine. He could probably pick up a 8700k and still be under £1500.

Damn... Lucky bastards.... xD our 1080ti + 8700k is garrunteed 1500+ with the card being $800 and 8700k around $300 i think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2018 at 6:03 PM, Minipops said:

These days you'd be better off buying a pre-built system rather than build your own. I bought a new rig about 8 month's ago. Generally i buy parts and build my own but after selecting the parts i realized that i would be paying more doing it that way vs. buying a prebuilt system. So i bought an Aegis 3 by MSI.

 

You need a pc to run Squad. Plus you will want to be able to play for sevreal years without needing any serious upgrading. So with that said i would buy yourself a intel i7-7700 cpu and a motherboard to house it. Motherboard with on board 7.1 surround and ethernet. You are going to need 16 gigs of DDR4 ram. You will need a geforce gtx 1070 graphix card. I would say the 1080 but they are too expensive. You will need a 500gb nvme solid state drive. Plus a 2 or 3 tb 7200rpm standard HDD. 

You get that stuff you will be ready to play anything out there currently with decent graphics settings.

 

And fyi, a prebuilt pc with those spec's will run you in the $2100cdn price tag. If you are in the u.s maybe $1500us.

 

100% wrong, Pre-Built USED to be the way to go because GPU prices were so high, I just built a new computer back in March right as they began dropping, You can get 1080s for around $550 now and 1080Ti's for around $650-$700.

 

I5-8600k @ 5.0ghz

16gb DDR4 3600

GTX 1080

Seasonic 650watt Gold PSU

500gb M.2 SSD

2TB HDD

 

Along with the Case, CPU Fan, New Keyboard, Monitor, Mobo, Mouse and Headset it ran me right around $1500 USD, Probably could have gotten it cheaper as well had I not opted for the OCed memory and a more expensive PC case.

 

Runs every game I have found at Ultra with over 100fps most of the time. I run squad on Ultra everything with 1.50 SS and FXAA and still get 80+ FPS 90% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/27/2018 at 8:21 AM, Suranos said:

 

100% wrong, Pre-Built USED to be the way to go because GPU prices were so high, I just built a new computer back in March right as they began dropping, You can get 1080s for around $550 now and 1080Ti's for around $650-$700.

 

I5-8600k @ 5.0ghz

16gb DDR4 3600

GTX 1080

Seasonic 650watt Gold PSU

500gb M.2 SSD

2TB HDD

 

Along with the Case, CPU Fan, New Keyboard, Monitor, Mobo, Mouse and Headset it ran me right around $1500 USD, Probably could have gotten it cheaper as well had I not opted for the OCed memory and a more expensive PC case.

 

Runs every game I have found at Ultra with over 100fps most of the time. I run squad on Ultra everything with 1.50 SS and FXAA and still get 80+ FPS 90% of the time.

If that used to be the case then how is it 100% wrong? lol

 

Look, i bought my system back nearly 9 month's ago. I priced out all my parts individually, and compared that to a pre-built system with similar spec's and hardware. To my surprise,  the pre-built was $200 bucks less. Plus it came with windows, plus i didn't have to build it myself. So i saved time and money. Whoever this yahoo is, hes right, they have slightly dropped in value. From $1450cdn to about $1100 to $1200cdn for a 1080 Ti. The next gen Nvidia cards are not yet released and Samsungs Crypto currency specific chips will not be available till christmas. So don't think your going to go out and find a super deal on a card.The 1080Ti is still significantly more money than it should be. Ram is really high priced right now to so you'd be spending triple what you'd normally spend.

Edited by Minipops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My advice is contact a local shop or something within driving range, check for reviews and make them give you an offer so you can ask around if the offer they made are fair.

 

I paid 40$ to have the shop build the parts i wanted and update everything, might not be the same as back in the days but it was really nice getting it, and knowing it was tested and ready to go.

 

*My EVGA 1080ti was 830eu so dunno if you can get the rest for what your budget allows.

Edited by Voice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×