Sign in to follow this  
Garderoben

Save player round score on server until round is over

Every now and then the game crashes. Early round, late round, mid round dosen't matter as annoying as always. No problem you reboot the game and rejoin and boom your score is gone´.

Why not save all playerscore on the server until the round is over completely.

Not an expert here, but my guess is to lessen the load on the server? Otherwise the server's performance could be hindered? 

2 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Not an expert here, but my guess is to lessen the load on the server? Otherwise the server's performance could be hindered? 

Not really, we are talking about maybe at most 500 different players per round. And when they leave nothing touches that data until some one return.

The function of storing the data is already there because the clients can see others players data but it seems like the server destroys that data when a player leaves. My guess is that implementing this would be really easy and not impact the server. Now i'm no UE4 Network expert but working with system development and server hosting at least to me this feels like no big performance drain.

Why does it matter? Everything gets wiped after the match anyways.

The score was kept a few versions back.

I wonder if it wasnt being cleaned up and has more recently been cleaned up as they concentrate on performance??

It is disappointing to be having a good round and lose the record to a crash.