June Free Weekend

weekendcarousel_image.jpg

Hey Squaddies,

With summer in full effect in the Northern Hemisphere, we've adopted a "sun's out, guns out" policy and would like to announce a free weekend for Squad! The free weekend will begin on Thursday, June 21 (6/21/2018) at 10 AM Pacific Time and run through to Sunday, June 24th (6/25/2018) at 1 PM Pacific Time. In addition to that, Squad will have a 40% discount for the duration. Head over to our Steam page to take advantage of the sale any time after 10 AM on 6/21.

Free weekends can be a little crazy, so we've prepared some tips for newcomers (and the newly returned) to help make the weekend a little more fun for everyone. We'd also recommend checking out the wiki guide to Getting Started as Grunt. If you're already up to speed, you may want to check out the major patch notes, which include an improved vehicle damage model, British forces, IFVs, and more.

Squad is an Early Access game and that means you might run into some bugs or rough edges. If you encounter any issues, check out our support page for common fixes. If your problem isn't so common, our support team can be reached at [email protected]
Before you hit the battlefield, join the Community Discord Server. You won't find a better place to squad up, get a quick answer, or just hang out with your fellow players. Remember, it's Communicate. Coordinate. Conquer. for a good reason!

Offworld Out.

1 hour ago, Guan_Yu007 said:

Ooooh, good knife practice coming up!

This.

16 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

504c5669163dac9fcdca19042d22f8b32a555c86

i can't wait to lead a squad of ducklings and ambush people from 10 meters away because they haven't learned the situational awareness

that is how you hold a gun

It will be a good time to pause playing squad for me.Free times are just too stressful for me.

And i really dont want to waste my potential playing with another SL that i need to explain for about 20 minutes that he dose not need to defend and stay on a flag that dose not have a shield marker on it.

21 hours ago, Bahrein said:

It will be a good time to pause playing squad for me.Free times are just too stressful for me.

And i really dont want to waste my potential playing with another SL that i need to explain for about 20 minutes that he dose not need to defend and stay on a flag that dose not have a shield marker on it.

You could always take the opertunity to step up and SL and show the new recruits how Squad is played. You would be helping the game grow. 

22 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

You could always take the opertunity to step up and SL and show the new recruits how Squad is played. You would be helping the game grow. 

I am sorry but i just cannot do it since every couple of mounts its a free weekend or its a discount or its a humble bundle or what ever.

I just cannot.I am always polite and always willing to help the new guys.

On 6/10/2018 at 5:31 PM, Guan_Yu007 said:

I'll defo be squad leading a bit, i might even call my squad "newbie bootcamp" or something lol.

Good on you for being the only good player here. It seems more and more players really do not want this game to grow. Pretty sad.

Don't get frustrated though. A lot of new players can be very...well...stubborn. To put it politely. If you do start to get frustrated, stop, before you get frustrated with the game.

4 hours ago, Root said:

Good on you for being the only good player here. It seems more and more players really do not want this game to grow. Pretty sad.

Don't get frustrated though. A lot of new players can be very...well...stubborn. To put it politely. If you do start to get frustrated, stop, before you get frustrated with the game.

Yeah don't worry, i've got a few mates aswell from the competetive scene who are willing to help. We'll each lead a squad and work together to make it fun for us.

I'm going to just squad lead like I normally do. I'm just dreading how toxic SL chat is going to be.